996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

FROM 900 hp Audi S4 to 996 TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 03:56 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
When you say somewhat modified you are probably talking about 24/18 or smaller/mid level turbo and 5 bar plus exhaust. A car like that would probably have an upgraded organic clutch. It would also be possibly beat upon.

Since he would have to replace all of those mods if his goal is to build the fastest 996 based car he can, I would instead start w/ a stock car that is less likely to have been abused, but that is just my approach.

We are seeing that a stock block,if done right can fairly safely produce in excess of 700 whp.

There were a couple of very good cars (the GT2's recently picked up by Eric and Scott...ironically the GT2 was jamies old car) w/ full 700 whp packages already on them but I don't know of anything like that for sale right now.
I totally see where you're coming from. I'm not saying go buy a beat up car, because obviously that will end up breaking sooner. What I'm saying is a car that has modest miles 30-35k and already has an upgradeable flash, wastegates, exhaust and intercoolers, 2nd fuel pump etc., then he'll be able to retain some the mods as he moves up saving a boatload in the process as well as being able to recoup some of the costs by selling the parts he takes off. About the clutch, as Billy Joel once said, "you may be right or you maybe wrong". Just depends on what the previous owner put in and how they drove it. But no matter what he does, I do agree with you he shouldn't get a car that's been beaten hard on the track or with extensive runs. Art's car is for sale, but that's quite expensive to get into right now. Maybe once he sits on it for a few months the price will come down. Not saying it's not worth it, just saying that few people are going to want to pay that amount for a 996TT regardless of how fast it is. I'm sure there's some cars for sale that aren't on 6speed, just have to find them, especially if he's patient.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:50 AM
yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GURUMAN
Chris, who do you think I was thinking when I placed myself second !

its great to hear the respect we have for one another. WE WELCOME U TO 6SPEED WITH BOTH OPEN ARMS. WHAT A GENTLEMAN!!!!!!

Old 12-07-2009, 06:12 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Post your timeslip Sean...I posted my 11.1 with a 2.2 60 years ago. You don't know how to launch your car hard enough to break an axle.

Brought in a ringer to drive my Supra? Again, you have no clue what you're talking about. Nobody has ever driven my Supra on the track but me. I have more 7 second passes than all your 60-130 attempts....
You drove it? I did not know that, I will edit my post.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:07 AM
AudiSportB5S4 is on a distinguished road
Guru.. Wish you luck man.. So you still plan on chasing the 9sec run in the S4? I thought you were selling it and most of it was already bought? Now you have me all confused haha.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:25 AM
justinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Nobody has ever driven my Supra on the track but me.
ahem......

and???

Justin

Old 12-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Justin....so my original assertion was correct

Old 12-07-2009, 08:56 AM
justinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Justin....so my original assertion was correct
lol, no... just stirring **** up

Jamie was out of town when I initially got it tuned and I was the only one left to drive it... but that was along time ago... and I couldn't make a full pass(alignment was pigeon toe'd)

Jamie has since run 10(or more) 7 second passes all on his own

Justin

Old 12-07-2009, 02:28 PM
GURUMAN is just really niceGURUMAN is just really niceGURUMAN is just really niceGURUMAN is just really niceGURUMAN is just really nice
My turbos will 99% sure be Tial's special version of the R770 for Audis.

I want to get a tial Vband turbine housing.

Theses turbos are good for 950 bhp and are smaller than 2871's.

The 2 turbos on the right were supposed to go on my S4, Sold them.

Theses turbos will go on my 996...

Old 12-08-2009, 07:42 PM
reich is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Hi Dom..

I feel sad of what happened to the S4.... (was a great car), but hey! you're still in the german's group.

Go ahead and dominate them again with the 996tt this time.

Good luck

Old 12-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Sev
Sev will become famous soon enoughSev will become famous soon enough
Tony, I didnt buy yet, I just said it's my last year with the S4, but first I want my 9 sec run...

I actually am looking for a clean one locally, but no stress over the winter...
Hey GURUMAN, saw you are from mtl.

Don't know what your budget is but my friend has a 2003 Turbo S with some light engine, suspension and brake mods already. The car is clean (no winters). It's black on black.

PM me if you are interested and I will put you in touch with him. The car is in storage now so I don't believe he is in a rush to sell...

Old 12-08-2009, 09:06 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
My turbos will 99% sure be Tial's special version of the R770 for Audis.

I want to get a tial Vband turbine housing.

Theses turbos are good for 950 bhp and are smaller than 2871's.

The 2 turbos on the right were supposed to go on my S4, Sold them.

Theses turbos will go on my 996...
Nice! What are some of the other hardware specs you are looking at? The install on your S4 was very unique. How bout some pics of that bad boy...

Old 12-09-2009, 06:32 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Dom we have a Eurofest here in Toronto in July make the trek next summer.. And Welcome to the 996TT(some_guys_have Mangina_forum)

Old 12-09-2009, 06:52 AM
GURUMAN is just really niceGURUMAN is just really niceGURUMAN is just really niceGURUMAN is just really niceGURUMAN is just really nice
RODS are cheap, umm, added on checklist...

Old 12-09-2009, 07:24 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by str8blst
Nice! What are some of the other hardware specs you are looking at? The install on your S4 was very unique. How bout some pics of that bad boy...

The turbos are a28's with vbanded housings, not the bolt on k16 housing.

Last edited by Tony@epl; 12-09-2009 at 07:32 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by PALETTE
Dom we have a Eurofest here in Toronto in July make the trek next summer.. And Welcome to the 996TT(some_guys_have Mangina_forum)
Ya for sure...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FROM 900 hp Audi S4 to 996 TT