996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Battery blew up trying to start car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 12:19 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
**** ... i was thinking about using a trickle charger for my car in the winter but hell im about half scared now .. i think im just going to buy a new battery ...skrew it.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:50 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
dry cell battery Paulie!!!
Optima red top this would have never happened. At least its just a battery!

Not to worry Dr J still thinks the engine is in the front LOL

If you looked like this i would be there in a heartbeat!

Last edited by UrbanHotrod; 12-19-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:57 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Wow! Scary..

I've been using battery tenders for years. I have left them on my cars for 6+ months while I've been deployed overseas. Never had an issue. I have always vented everything before starting, so maybe that's helped...

Old 12-19-2009, 03:00 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
NICE Corey I gladly blow up my Battery if she would come to fix it.

Scott I am going to start venting from now on.

Old 12-19-2009, 03:08 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
It was probably the tune

Old 12-19-2009, 03:10 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jags911tt
It was probably the tune
Leave me out of this! I just started tuning the 996TT's with LS1Edit and this happens to my first customer!

Old 12-19-2009, 03:42 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
Leave me out of this! I just started tuning the 996TT's with LS1Edit and this happens to my first customer!
HAHAH did you increase the duty cycle of the battery instead of the injectors?

Old 12-19-2009, 04:02 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Corey I like your festive Avatar, nice.Merry stinky old Christmas.

Old 12-19-2009, 04:06 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Make sure you clean ALL the surrounding area and in particular pay attention to where the battery fluid drains through the chassis and down below so that it doesn't corrode/rust underneath.

Old 12-19-2009, 04:08 PM
Alex I have poured about 5-6 gals of water mixed with Baking soda all over the Battery area. I hope that is sufficient.

Old 12-19-2009, 04:10 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Alex I have poured about 5-6 gals of water mixed with Baking soda all over the Battery area. I hope that is sufficient.
Sorry to say Paulie remove the tray itself. Clean that out... but the next time it's on the lift (and soon I hope) take a look at the drain holes and get that stuff off of the chassis or it will rust it out;(

Old 12-19-2009, 04:10 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PALETTE
HAHAH did you increase the duty cycle of the battery instead of the injectors?
I saw duty cycle and cranked it up 30%. Guess I should have read what table I was modifying lol!

Old 12-19-2009, 04:13 PM
I ran 8s with Ricky Bobby and Paulie's battery on .3 bar.

Old 12-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by sharkster
Sorry to say Paulie remove the tray itself. Clean that out... but the next time it's on the lift (and soon I hope) take a look at the drain holes and get that stuff off of the chassis or it will rust it out;(
OK Alex thanks for the heads up. Bloody Hell, Cars never stop with all the issues,might as well be woman.

Old 12-19-2009, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
OK Alex thanks for the heads up. Bloody Hell, Cars never stop with all the issues,might as well be woman.
Tell me about it Yeah just go the extra mile... saw a car a couple of weeks ago with rust underneath and traced it all the way back to the battery. Nasty stuff.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Battery blew up trying to start car?