996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Is this reseller reputable? Are these 996TT worthwhile?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-22-2009, 09:58 AM
dcaron9999 is on a distinguished road
Is this reseller reputable? Are these 996TT worthwhile?

Hi guys. Im considering importation of one of these two 996TT beauties. The ones in my price range in Canada have higher mileage, or have been accidented and repaired.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...acktype=usedcc

Has anyone dealt with the following folks? What were your experiences?

Imports Unlimited
569 North Colony Rd.Wallingford, CT 06492

Thanks.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:47 AM
ClickClickBoom has a spectacular aura aboutClickClickBoom has a spectacular aura about
I've seen their cars listed online. They are cheap and have been listed for awhile. Somethings not right.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:22 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ClickClickBoom
I've seen their cars listed online. They are cheap and have been listed for awhile. Somethings not right.
+1

if you decide to move forward definately get a good ppi etc and have them go over them properly and really check them out

Old 12-22-2009, 12:18 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Do not buy online without seeing those cars and get a Carfax.... Connecticut is not far and it is important to listen to the engine and if you got a Durametric connect it! You will get valuable information....

Old 12-22-2009, 12:29 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
buy a ticket go look at them n have a ppi done

Old 12-22-2009, 12:38 PM
I never buy "used" without a PPI, car history pulled, ideally from dealership + CARFAX. Also here in Quebec, we have the RDPRM online look up web portal (to verify if liens exist on the car) and the Canadian car theft database lookup.

I noticed there is a Porsche dealership in in the same city (Wallingford). I dont like that scenario as there is a greater chance of affiliation, which could lead to a biased PPI.

I never bought in another country, adding to my insecurity. Many hassles there from feedback on forums, but lots of planning ahead of time will help.

Not even sure who between seller and porsche dealership would arrange for the PPI, if I dont happen to be there in person. Maybe it's worth flying or driving down in my winter beater (~400 miles), to get the PPI done, then putting a deposit on the car, if PPI turns out OK. Could then attack the importation paperwork and hassles afterwards back home.

Last edited by dcaron9999; 12-22-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:09 PM
awdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by dcaron9999
Hi guys. Im considering importation of one of these two 996TT beauties. The ones in my price range in Canada have higher mileage, or have been accidented and repaired.

Has anyone dealt with the following folks? What were your experiences?

Imports Unlimited
569 North Colony Rd.Wallingford, CT 06492

Thanks.
I know about that car... call them and they will explain. They are all flood cars, Thats why they are so cheap. They do tell you that right away atleast.

Old 12-22-2009, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by awdbiturbo1
I know about that car... call them and they will explain. They are all flood cars, Thats why they are so cheap. They do tell you that right away atleast.
That explains it - at least they are honest about it. Thanks for bursting my bubble , but more importantly, sparing me the trouble early in the game.

I realize now that my 25-40K budget will not be substancial enough to afford a decent 996TT.

Might still give this local US imported one a try + PPI, even though it has been in an accident and repaired:
http://www.lespac.com/detail.php?a=20603811

Then, there is this other Canadian one with 110,000 Miles:
http://www.autohebdo.net/result/deta...707&ID=3153674

Last edited by dcaron9999; 12-23-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by awdbiturbo1
2nd. Most of what they sell is salvaged. Both of these cars where under water if I remember correctly.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:31 PM
s4ce is on a distinguished road
Imports Unlimited gets all their cars from insurance companies, most of them have been totalled have a branded title thats why they're so cheap. I've spoken with them a few times

Old 12-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Not all salvaged cars are a POS...PROVIDED*** you know what you're doing and what to look for. Over on the 996 forum is a fellow named Mfletch who regularly buys and fixes up salvaged cars (go look at some of his threads)....he bought mine that had a dash fire and was an insurance total.... but other than the dash, windshield, and deployed steering wheel airbag (heat set it off), everything was in good order. He completely replaced the wiring harness and dash... and has a great car that he got from the insurance company for $12K. But again, how many of us have that ability or knowledge??

The other issue is that once you have a salvaged title, it's a scare tactic and deterrant for any future buyer.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:36 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
I live local and have been in there a number of times to look at a few cars they've had. It's only recently they have been admitting they only sell flood, totalled cars. Terrible service IMO, and will NEVER set foot in there again.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:59 PM
tvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond repute
My car seems to be in your range, it is in excellent condition with no blemishes on the history. The price is firm:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...iles-ohio.html

Good luck on your search!

Thanks, TK

Old 12-23-2009, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by tvr-4
My car seems to be in your range, it is in excellent condition with no blemishes on the history. The price is firm:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...iles-ohio.html
Gorgeous car. But after import fees, duties, and taxes, Ill be over my range.

Old 12-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by ttboost
I live local and have been in there a number of times to look at a few cars they've had. It's only recently they have been admitting they only sell flood, totalled cars. Terrible service IMO, and will NEVER set foot in there again.
Ive called a guy called Mike at Imports Unlimited at 7:30am this morning. He quickly stated and I use his words "... before we go on, I must tell you that the two 996TT are flood cars. Please check with your Provincial policies are only three out of the ten Canadian provinces will admit such a car, then call me back".

He then gave me a brief history on what happened to one of his 996TT, and admitted that the touch-up paint job was not the best he's seen. I can at least say that he was up front and honest about things.

I dont need all the hassles, and I decided to pass. I also agree with one comment in this thread about the "salvage title" hurting the resale value when/if I ever decide to sell.

Last edited by dcaron9999; 12-23-2009 at 03:07 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Is this reseller reputable? Are these 996TT worthwhile?