996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

second gear pop-out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 05:42 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by flash68
Mike, didn't know you had the pop out issue... and did you fix it already?

I never had the popout, nor do I have it now. It was just a discussion we ended up in at the time we were doing my clutch when I inquired about it.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Lufteknic of Richmond Va. ( http://www.lufteknic.com/ ) did the work. However, I'd source all the parts you may need first before having the box opened up. There are a number of us who have had cars down for several months at a time.

Mike

Originally Posted by GT2996TT
Mike, who did your transmission upgrade for you? I don't know if you can say this openly or not, if you can't, feel free to PM me.

Thanks!

Old 02-13-2010, 01:46 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Thanks Scott for the clarification...

Mike

Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Strange. Lots of conflicting information on this subject.

I just sent an email to Gbox Performance Transaxle (Porsche transmision experts http://www.gboxweb.com/ ) asking them to clarify if GT2's have steel synchros, while 996TTs have brass. Here is their copy/pasted reply.

He also told me that the Turbo S and X50 did not have steel synchros. Only the GT2.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:43 PM
crazydude is on a distinguished road
what is the long term problem of not getting this problem fixed and just "living" with it?

Does the tranny rebuild just get more expensive?

Old 07-29-2012, 03:25 PM
venetiajoubert is on a distinguished road
porsche gt 2 john venetia ruscilla

hi jason
impressed with your racing skills. thanks for the porsche, i think johns killing my mother with it right now ie at high speeds hehe.
keep in touch...604 353 2609...
venetia joubert

Originally Posted by Racin Jason
What is the fix for the second gear pop out?

Is there an updated 2nd gear set or are the dealers replacing the defective parts with the same part numbers?

With our motorcycles we machine an angle cut into the dogs which stops the pop out problems that are sometime associated with high hp bikes.
The factory bike transmissions are cut with square dogs when we cut the gearsets the gears are held together with pressure.

Back cut factory transmissions have held up in my 500+rwhp turbo bikes.
I'm looking to slow down from my 255mph street bike and get into a TT and this place has been a great wealth of info.

Thanks guys!

Jason McVicar