996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Do you guys get 'harassed' everytime you drive your car? (and other good car stories)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 11:41 PM
Danyol has a brilliant futureDanyol has a brilliant futureDanyol has a brilliant futureDanyol has a brilliant futureDanyol has a brilliant futureDanyol has a brilliant futureDanyol has a brilliant futureDanyol has a brilliant futureDanyol has a brilliant futureDanyol has a brilliant futureDanyol has a brilliant future
On occasion get harassed; last night it was a big fast truck, just let him on by. A few times working late it's groups of fast bikes on the way home. If it's a clear highway they want to play . On one occasion pulled off the highway and talked with them at a light. Full leathers and wrap round helmets in Florida; they're pretty serious adrenalin junkies.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:45 PM
LamboTT has a spectacular aura aboutLamboTT has a spectacular aura about
Yellow Turbo, no one ever harasses me surprisingly. No races or anything for the most part. When I had a Supra, people would ask more questions and thumbs up but no ones tried to race that thing either. It might be the situation that if you see nice cars all the time, who cares about another one. If I see a lambo, sometimes I care but most times its just another lambo to me.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:48 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Scott, I have been harassed by many females. They smile at me and give me sheepish looks. It's horrible. Don't know if I can take it anymore.

Maybe white has something to do with sexuality. Have you thought about driving around dupont circle in DC?

Old 02-20-2010, 11:53 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
My dad, now retired, was a state trooper for 32 years. He has seen everything including SERT (state equivalent of SWAT). This is what my dad, who has a street earned PhD in human behavior, (and an academic masters degree) has to say about this. First you're driving a Porsche and not just any Porsche a turbo Porsche that get's kids, enthusiasts, wanna bees and envious, jealous people's attention. Secondly the color of your car stands out against the sea of silver and beige cars. Lastly, you've got a big honking wing that most people don't realize is standard OEM from Porsche on the GT2. You've got the trifecta going there Scott. Unfortunately, nothing you can do about any of that.
I really haven't had any trouble where I live. If I get anything it's the occasional woman usually driving a mini van or large SUV, not paying attention because the onboard DVD player went Tango Uniform and her kids went wild, trying to run me off the road.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:01 AM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Agree on the big wing thing.... they look so terrible on a lot of the import cars (I think most here will agree) but most people don't distinguish much of a difference of what car this big *** wing is attached to. It's simply a "blingy" big *** wing, although we here feel quite different. Then add some nice polished/shiny non-stock looking wheels and you can be thought of as some kind of jerk or Ricky Racer.... it's all in the eye of the beholder obviously.... I think Scott's car is tastefully plain in a world of loud looking and sounding exotic cars, but many do not....

of course the fact that there so many asshats driving Porsches (at least most around here that I see) does not help our collective cause!

Old 02-21-2010, 12:20 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
I don't think it's the wing. The GT2 wing is one of the most tasteful setups around and adds to the look of the car.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:29 AM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Prche951
I don't think it's the wing. The GT2 wing is one of the most tasteful setups around and adds to the look of the car.
that's pretty much my point... most of us here think that, but I suspect most all of those "other people" think it's blingy/gaudy/obtrusive/obnoxious/etc etc etc.....

Either way, the GT2 is indeed a sweet look.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:48 AM
Originally Posted by flash68
that's pretty much my point... most of us here think that, but I suspect most all of those "other people" think it's blingy/gaudy/obtrusive/obnoxious/etc etc etc.....

Either way, the GT2 is indeed a sweet look.

maybe so. So maybe Scott should put a prayer on the rear glass of his car. My personal favorite prayer is the following, written by one of the few people I have ever admired:

"Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no one - for I am the meanest mother****er in the valley."

this prayer should solve all your problems

Old 02-21-2010, 01:36 AM
Alpine ///M is infamous around these parts
hm...don't have that problem in newport

Old 02-21-2010, 05:32 AM
mcisprinter is just really nicemcisprinter is just really nicemcisprinter is just really nicemcisprinter is just really nicemcisprinter is just really nice
I was stopped recently by the police and the guy mentioned he heard me coming about a kilometer away... What's your exhaust setup like?

I have a fabspeed "quiet" and this seems to make the harassement go up considerably.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:09 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Prche951

maybe so. So maybe Scott should put a prayer on the rear glass of his car. My personal favorite prayer is the following, written by one of the few people I have ever admired:

"Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no one - for I am the meanest mother****er in the valley."

this prayer should solve all your problems
Is this the guy that you admired? (look at the back of his shirt)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txtBJhL2pt0

Scott, the only guys that ever "harassed" me were a few local 6speeders trying to race me . The funny/dumb/scary thing is they don't know who they are messing with (in terms of your car and your profession)

Edwin

Old 02-21-2010, 08:19 AM
heron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond reputeheron163 has a reputation beyond repute
it was lot worse when I drove the evo... every kid with a phart can on their civic would be on my bumper...

a few years back, I was driving along when this guy got up on my bumper... it was two lane fairly twisty and I was going the speed limit... he stayed on my bumper 'til he turned off into a hospital...

Old 02-21-2010, 08:46 AM
tvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond repute
So far, only thumbs up and people taking pics w/cellphones.

The weird one was a mom and her teenage daugters in a big SUV smiling and waving at me on the highway.

I had my new tires mounted this weekend, and while it was a pain in the *** for the tech, he actually didn't mind. He said his day was going by quicker because he worked on something nicer/interesting for once instead of doing 20 tire rotations in a day on some POS.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch

Scott, the only guys that ever "harassed" me were a few local 6speeders trying to race me . The funny/dumb/scary thing is they don't know who they are messing with (in terms of your car and your profession)

Edwin
Just because your old and white doesn't mean you can't fight...lol

Old 02-21-2010, 08:48 AM
tvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch

Edwin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Do you guys get 'harassed' everytime you drive your car? (and other good car stories)