996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Can somebody pls post up pics of a K24 next to a K16?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 07:46 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Can somebody pls post up pics of a K24 next to a K16?

Ran into a situation yesterday when a pair of supposedly K24 turbos had the 1375 and 1475 Porsche part number tags, and the turbo housings has the Borg Warner K16 partnumbers on them... but the engine was sent from a dealer as a X50 crate motor so they should have been K24.

What's the telltale when numbers all point to K16? - anyone have a chance to take photos of a K16 laying next to a K24?

Old 04-30-2010, 09:39 AM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
Do a search, I read an old thread about this, it had #s and pics in it. The main thing was most all Porsche X50 K24 tubos had gold metal tags. Not 100% but in most cases. There is a thread on here that talks about it in great detail though.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:48 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks, was it this thread?

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...outwardly.html

The problem we're looking at here is that an X50 crate motor came with turbochargers marked with the part numbers of the tags pointing to K16 (as found in many catalogs plus the thread above). It doesn't make sense that this motor would come with K16 chargers so I'm looking for info past the tags = how to optically confirm or dismiss the tags.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:54 AM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
No, this thread had pics of the turbos and some1 had posted the parts #s of each of the k16 and k24.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by Hogapalooza
No, this thread had pics of the turbos and some1 had posted the parts #s of each of the k16 and k24.
Oh nice, I searched a lot b4 posting... got to try new keywords! Thanks for the hint!!!

Old 04-30-2010, 10:04 AM
I'm searching w/ you.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:30 AM
GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !
I heard about it last night...Will be calling Porsche dealers too!!

Old 04-30-2010, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by Hogapalooza
I'm searching w/ you.
Thx!!

I found this one... https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ay-pics-2.html

A couple of good pics, same thread you were thinking about?

Old 04-30-2010, 10:58 AM
That looks like the pics, so I may be thinking of 2 threads? There is a thread where a guy posted parts # and what turbo would fall under what part #s.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:06 AM
At least there's a clear difference to be seen looking into the hotside, especially using a nickel to measure.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by 911GT700
I heard about it last night...Will be calling Porsche dealers too!!
Yeah we got surprised. Found those pics though in the above thread so R can compare using a nickel coin.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:11 AM
GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !
I will forward him the info right now.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:41 AM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
when i received my k16/24, i thought they were exactly the same as my k16 but when you look at the intake side of the compressor, it was bigger. Maybe you could try to measure the size of the inlet and you'll see with that.