996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Fault Codes After Installing Vivid's Racing Throttle Body, T-Plenum & 3 Inch YPipe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Thanks!

BTW I just emailed all customers that purchased the plenum/TB kit to see if they have had any issues. Trying to isolate the incident.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:34 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Spoke to a few customers about their TB/Plenums. Definitely not the YPipes. It appears that the gasket between the TB and Plenum flange we machined is not getting a good seal. Not sure if this is the case on ALL or just a couple. Eitherway we are looking for a solution.

So jalmood - trying pulling apart the TB/Plenum and making a gasket for it that seals. Let us know your updates.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:51 PM
jalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura about
i'll keep you guys updated, it will take a while, but i'll try to reinstall the TB and T-Plenum again,

Old 05-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
had you done a pressure test you now would not be going over it 20 times...

I always to it...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 05-10-2010, 02:19 PM
dynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MY996TT
To reset TB, I believe all you need is to turn the key to "on" position, but do not start the car. Wait about 30 seconds, you would hear a low pitchy sound from the TB, after the sound stops (i think), and then start the engine.
1 Remove the key from the ignition
2 Reinsert te key and turn the ignition on to position 2 for 60 seconds,do not touch the pedal
3 Turn the key off for 10 seconds,do no touch the pedal
4 The throttle is now redapted

Old 05-10-2010, 02:46 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
This must be the formal procedures; I really don't think I waited for that long. I guess the 60 seconds are to ensure the pitchy sound to be completed.
Thanks

Originally Posted by autodynamics
2 Reinsert te key and turn the ignition on to position 2 for 60 seconds,do not touch the pedal

Old 05-10-2010, 07:23 PM
Mad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by autodynamics
didn't know could do that... thanks!

How do you guys do a boost leak test?

Last edited by Mad Ness; 05-10-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:20 PM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mad Ness
didn't know could do that... thanks!

How do you guys do a boost leak test?
Do a search on this forum. There's a detailed DIY.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:34 AM
BeltFed is just really niceBeltFed is just really niceBeltFed is just really niceBeltFed is just really niceBeltFed is just really nice
Had issues after installing mine, been a while now so I forget all the codes the car threw but my problem was the TB not sealing to the plenum. The oring on the plenum was either painted or powdercoated with the plenum so it could not do its job. When I took it apart the leak was obvious on the face of the TB and when I took the oring out it just disintegrated. I made my own gasket and put everything back together and its been problem free for 2000mi.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:27 AM
Mad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by BeltFed
Had issues after installing mine, been a while now so I forget all the codes the car threw but my problem was the TB not sealing to the plenum. The oring on the plenum was either painted or powdercoated with the plenum so it could not do its job. When I took it apart the leak was obvious on the face of the TB and when I took the oring out it just disintegrated. I made my own gasket and put everything back together and its been problem free for 2000mi.
Please share how you made your own gasket? Engine's only half in, rather redo this now rather than later. thank you

Old 05-11-2010, 09:49 AM
BeltFed is just really niceBeltFed is just really niceBeltFed is just really niceBeltFed is just really niceBeltFed is just really nice
just used a sheet of gasket material and cut it to fit, couple holes for the bolts and voilą no more leak

Old 05-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by BeltFed
just used a sheet of gasket material and cut it to fit, couple holes for the bolts and voilą no more leak
sweet, thanks! was considering to use some of that messy gasket glue.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:38 AM
nothing wrong with RTV, stuff works great

Old 05-11-2010, 02:15 PM
jalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Mad Ness
sweet, thanks! was considering to use some of that messy gasket glue.
Whats this gasket sheet or gasket glue you guys are talking about? i need to know about it before i reinstalle my TB and T-Plenum, i don't want to do this twice.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Former Vendor
I can send you a new TPlenum or RTV with your 3inch material we discussed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fault Codes After Installing Vivid's Racing Throttle Body, T-Plenum & 3 Inch YPipe