996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Update on the Boost Logic/Tuning Concepts/EPL Stock Motor BEAST!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 03:22 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Update on the Boost Logic/Tuning Concepts/EPL Stock Motor BEAST!

Well as I said on my other LONG post I have been without a computer all weekend while I was in Austin.

This weekend I had the pleasure of going back up to see my friends at Boost Logic, Tuning Concepts, and Elite Motorsports (SW). My car had been there since Wednesday due to a fuel issue that really was nothing other than me being overly cautious of everything. The only problem was that the car had a bad tank of pump gas (93oct) in it.

While I was up there they had a Porsche and Ferrari dyno day, and my car was scheduled to go on the dyno that day. Since I was not able to see it get tuned after the standalone was installed I was for sure going to be there to see it this time. I did do the dynoing myself during the original MAFless EPL tune due to the fact Justin was out of town doing some tuning in Panama I want to say.

When I got to the shop on Saturday morning Antonio and I got to work at about 11am switching the Switzer Exhaust out for my AWE 3" straight pipes that I've had forever. After that was done Marc, Antonio, and I drained ALL of the bad 93oct out of the car and filled it up with 10gallons of MS109. I gave the car about 5-10min of driving and idling to get the MS109 completely in the fuel system, just in case we didn't get EVERY drop of the bad 93oct out of it.

Then we got the car loaded on the dyno as the last car of the day. There were still a few of the Porsche/Ferrari club owners that were interested in seeing the car dyno. I had Justin in the car with the laptop and knock-amp ear phones to listen for actual knock. I made 5 back to back pulls basically in 80-90* weather. The car made 540rwhp on a 14.2 peak, which the boost according to the fCon was in the 12.8-13.2psi when the boost sustained. This is my boost controller off setting. The car showed no signs of knock. We then set the car at 17psi peaks, which really was 15.8-16.2 sustained. Again there no sign of knock at all. The car on that pull made I want to say 660rwhp or so. We then said screw it and turned the boost up to what peaked out at 27.2psi. The car made 780rwhp / 700rwtq SAE because I had it set on the wrong timing box setting. For those wondering what that is; it allows me to control the amount of timing that is added to the base timing of the map. I then turned it up to the correct setting and we ended up making ~825rwhp / 716rwtq SAE on the next pass which peaked 27.4psi. Justin made a few changed because even though we think the HKS o2 sensors glitched and showed a VERY small a/f change in the mid range. After that we made another pass on the dyno that peaked out at 28.3psi. I may or may not have messed with the EVC VI while Justin was not looking LOL. I told him this RIGHT as I started the dyno pull. The car on that pass again showed NO sign of knock or timing being pulled although the air temps were close to the point where we pull timing out of the car. On that pass the car made I think 847-850rwhp and / 736rwtq. I was IMPRESSED that the car after 3000 miles of abuse was able to almost match the original numbers. I know some people are going to instantly say "Well you didn't match your old numbers!?!?!". The difference between my 868rwhp and these dynos is that the original standalone numbers were done in ~40* weather during January of this year. The car also had a 3hr cool off between the last pull. My pulls yesterday were done one right after the other with a max of 3-5min between the pulls at max. The temps yesterday as I said earlier were in the 80-90* area. I am sure if we let the car cool down for 1-3hours and we waited till it got into the mid 60s that night I could have topped my old numbers with the extra 1psi that I added.

I have to give MAJOR props to the guys at Boost Logic. That would include Antonio, Marc, Jorge, Chad, Russel, Kuro, and Zohair (if I missed someone they know how much I appreciate the work they've done). Then another MAJOR prop to Justin Nenni of Tuning Concepts for his work behind the computer and the standalone setup that he got working on these cars. Then last but not least MAJOR prop to the guys at EPL, which is Tony Chick, Dave, and Robin. Tony has helped along the way in a lot of different ways along the way of the build and I cannot thank him enough.

The car is still at Boost Logic as we speak while they do some testing on some new parts for these cars that they are wanting to build. I will let them fill people in on these ideas as they finish them up. I should have the car back in a week or two when I go back up there to pick up the car. Plus going back up there to pick up the car rather then having it shipped will allow me to go hang out on Lake Travis with everyone. Which we did Saturday afternoon/evening, which was fun as hell.

Anyway thanks for reading!

-Chris

Last edited by Powell; 05-09-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:56 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice write up Chris, I am glad your car is doing well. I have one question maybe you or someone can answer. What is the difference between your car, Switzer and S351?

Old 05-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
Nice write up Chris, I am glad your car is doing well. I have one question maybe you or someone can answer. What is the difference between your car, Switzer and S351?
Thank you very much Rob! When I get it back we will have to meet up for dinner out in the Woodlands or somewhere nice in Houston. Haven't seen you in awhile. Give me a shout on my cell today or tomorrow because I think if I respond on here it could not turn out good. Though when it comes to the computers that the 3 of our cars run then I'll get after that in a little bit.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:13 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Chris my homie , awesome bro , glad it wasnt anything serious.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Tha's an insane amount of HP. Good work and congrats!

Old 05-09-2010, 10:39 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Nicely done!

Old 05-10-2010, 07:56 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
wow that is a lot of power

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 05-10-2010, 08:12 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Great job Chris! Good to hear that it was a simple issue.

Edwin

Old 05-10-2010, 08:29 AM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Now go terrorize the streets..

Old 05-10-2010, 09:38 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Way to go there big guy!! your just pushing us harder and harder to keep up.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:48 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by topgun
Now go terrorize the streets..
Word.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:38 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Chris - Thanks for the update. I am following your progress as I know are many others.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the compliments guys! I didn't post up my fuel problem mainly because if I knew it was bad gas for sure I would look like a total idiot. I am overly cautious with all my cars and sometimes get very worried even over small stupid stuff. I am just glad I can go tear up the street soon as I get it back. I think I will be hitting up the Austin streets when I'm up there next. I brought my drag radials up there this weekend, but we ended up out on the boat instead of going out.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Banned
Robin@EPL will become famous soon enough
Great numbers Chris! What did the Ferrari guys think?

Old 05-10-2010, 01:44 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Congrats very healthy numbers!

Can you give us the numbers for some of the other cars there?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Update on the Boost Logic/Tuning Concepts/EPL Stock Motor BEAST!