996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New GT2 RS News: Nurburgring Time !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Old 05-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
Jaspergtr would you feel better if I said there is a ton of cheaper sport cars that now can't touch the Porsche?
How about all the GT-R and Vette owners that talk about how much less their car cost but can out run a 997TT?

You missed the point. I'm on my phone and I'm not going to type out as much as you did.
Most people ( me included ) think most Ferrari's and Lambo's are a step above the Porsche. I'm talking their base line car to Porsche base line car. But w/ this run the best of each and any car from any mass produced car company can't touch the Porsche. That is my point.

You won't here a GT-R guy or a Vette guy now talking about the times, you'll only here them say, well if I spend xxx I can go faster. Don't you find it odd that the Lambo and Ferrari guys never get in here and talk ****? The GT-T threads go for days and they are full of nothing more then he said she said and missinformation. 300 cars makes it that much more desirable.
We'll see 10,15,20 years from now if 1 of those cars sells for what 1 of these GT2 RS does. You and I both know the answer to that.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:37 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Since I'm not wealthy, I agree with you guys...but I can tell you that if I had the money for a GT2 RS, I'd be all over it.

I'd personally rather own that car over any other car on the planet. Bar none.

I have never thought this about any other car over my TT, but I agree. I'd gladly take one of these in a heartbeat over ANYTHING.

This is the real deal, and I think some people are underestimating how fast this car is. Simple mods are not going to beat it. Look at what a slightly modded ACR did in the one lap 4+ seconds faster than the GT2 with Leh Keen driving in similar conditions with the mods mentioned here in this thread. This car is on that level.

Of course it will take a maestro to get the best out of it, but you'll have to put in some work to beat this when properly driven. But the moral of the story is "plan to spend more money to keep up"

Imagine if it got a tune!!!!

Old 05-13-2010, 12:59 AM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
it seems that you guys forget one thing, this car is a limited edition of 300pieces, so this will be also an investment for my point of view.

if i had that money i will jump on it w/o any hesitation, truly a dream car !

Old 05-13-2010, 05:11 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
That's true, and if it is in fact the last GT2 with a GT1 Mertzger engine, it will depreciate initially, but over time will certainly be a collectors piece, especially with the RS moniker.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:11 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Hogapalooza
Jaspergtr would you feel better if I said there is a ton of cheaper sport cars that now can't touch the Porsche?
How about all the GT-R and Vette owners that talk about how much less their car cost but can out run a 997TT?

You missed the point. I'm on my phone and I'm not going to type out as much as you did.
Most people ( me included ) think most Ferrari's and Lambo's are a step above the Porsche. I'm talking their base line car to Porsche base line car. But w/ this run the best of each and any car from any mass produced car company can't touch the Porsche. That is my point.

You won't here a GT-R guy or a Vette guy now talking about the times, you'll only here them say, well if I spend xxx I can go faster. Don't you find it odd that the Lambo and Ferrari guys never get in here and talk ****? The GT-T threads go for days and they are full of nothing more then he said she said and missinformation. 300 cars makes it that much more desirable.
We'll see 10,15,20 years from now if 1 of those cars sells for what 1 of these GT2 RS does. You and I both know the answer to that.
You did indeed type more than I did...

Point taken. I'd like to say that performance isn't everything... The problem I see with this car is - is performance everything? I mean, for this kind of money, does it come standard with a Sat/Nav, iPod interface with steering wheel controls, Bluetooth, etc...? Or is it just a race car (i.e. ACR, Ascari A-10, etc...)? Which negates the 'performance isn't everything' philosophy.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:10 AM
WTH??? Are you serious?

Old 05-13-2010, 06:13 AM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jaspergtr

Point taken. I'd like to say that performance isn't everything... The problem I see with this car is - is performance everything? I mean, for this kind of money, does it come standard with a Sat/Nav, iPod interface with steering wheel controls, Bluetooth, etc...? Or is it just a race car (i.e. ACR, Ascari A-10, etc...)? Which negates the 'performance isn't everything' philosophy.
My understanding is it has all that and the ability to kick every1s Azz on the way to get your kid from school and milk from the store.

I'll add your point is valid; there is something to be said about the total experience of a car. Not just the performance but the way it feels when you drive it and the way it makes you feel when you drive it. This is a valid and real argument IMO and the reason that certain cars are elevated even though they are a slower car then something else.

In truth is it's why Ferrari, Lambo, and a few others are at the top. It is more then just performance. Yet I am a Porsche guy through and through so if I had the $ this car cost I'd have it over a new Ferrari or Lambo any day.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:23 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr

If I could afford the car, I personally wouldn't want any of those things even if they were available options. Not on this car.

When/if I get a GTR, I would absoutely want those things.

Two completely different beasts.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:06 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Since I'm not wealthy, I agree with you guys...but I can tell you that if I had the money for a GT2 RS, I'd be all over it.

I'd personally rather own that car over any other car on the planet. Bar none.
Agree totally,if i had that kind of money i'll buy the GT2RS,but i am the

happiest man with my 996TT 24/18g's and more.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:47 AM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Nope, the 7:22 was the original ACR with the crap gearing, which is why he was on the rev limiter the whole lap. The ACR-X has much better gearing and I'm pretty sure the new ACR is based on that. But it at the least has better gearing than the first ones.
So definitely has the potential to be faster, better 5th gear, the revised aero from Laguna testing. Plus in a '10 you would be able to get it in a "hardcore" track pack version. I would still take the GT2 between the pair, and would actually rather have a older RS given my skill set.

You would have to have ***** the size of a moon made of depleated uranium to drive it to the limit though. I can barely keep a gen III on a track at speed let alone look competent, and this is a whole different animal.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:59 AM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
The simple fact is that's a ridiculous time for a factory car. RIDICULOUS!

Old 05-13-2010, 10:17 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
For $300,000 (the cost of the GT2RS) you get a street legal GT3RSR.

Last edited by robertp; 05-13-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:19 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robertp
For $300,000 you get a street legal GT3RSR.
But the GT3RSR is not as fast as the GT2RS....the turbo porsche is the

ICON

Old 05-13-2010, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by WearyMicrobe
So definitely has the potential to be faster, better 5th gear, the revised aero from Laguna testing. Plus in a '10 you would be able to get it in a "hardcore" track pack version. I would still take the GT2 between the pair, and would actually rather have a older RS given my skill set.

You would have to have ***** the size of a moon made of depleated uranium to drive it to the limit though. I can barely keep a gen III on a track at speed let alone look competent, and this is a whole different animal.
Yes, the 09 (or 10) ACR (whichever had the upgrades) beat the old record at Laguna significantly. I don't remember by how much, but it's worth several seconds at the ring. If dodge actually spent some time at the ring the first ACR would have been a few seconds faster.

From what I hear from the guys I've talked to (Viper Club, Viper Days), the ACR is much easier to handle than any previous Gen Viper due to the adjustable suspension and finely tuned aero. I'm waiting for one of them to let me drive one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New GT2 RS News: Nurburgring Time !