996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New GT2 RS News: Nurburgring Time !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 01:29 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
If I could I would. The ultimate in my eyes.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:55 PM
ColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud of
Time to sell the house to live in the new car.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:24 PM
DS1
DS1 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
I guess then I, too, should just accept this as complete fact.
You shouldn't. However, Sport Auto is usually a couple of seconds slower then former world champion Walter Röhrl...

But then that would still mean that the GT2RS will be over 15 seconds quicker (as opposed to the GT3RS that is 5 seconds quicker) than the GT-R, that never got close to the Toshio "driving chicane" Suzuki time.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:13 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DS1
You shouldn't. However, Sport Auto is usually a couple of seconds slower then former world champion Walter Röhrl...

But then that would still mean that the GT2RS will be over 15 seconds quicker (as opposed to the GT3RS that is 5 seconds quicker) than the GT-R, that never got close to the Toshio "driving chicane" Suzuki time.
Wow, I wouldn't have compared the GT2RS to the GT-R in the same paragraph, much less the same sentence, but - Sport Auto ran a 7:38 (after a few laps). ~12secs off Suzuki's claimed best time (after thousands of laps - if you recall, Suzuki ran a claimed time of 7:35 pretty early on, which would put this with a 3sec difference). This doesn't seem like an anomoly at all.

I think the GT-R has proven itself to be pretty formidable around a race track (even tracked faster than the new 997Turbo (non-PDK)). The 'Ring times are nothing more than marketing. The GT2RS did not need to run it. But I think it's fun to watch Porsche kick dirt in Nissan's face. I hope Nissan retaliates... With what? I don't know. I don't think ANYBODY can make a car to compete with this (in all areas). Time will tell. Exciting times.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
Nissan has done a great job of pushing Porsche. They caught and in some areas of perfomance passed them. So what does Porsche do, it gets off the floor and comes back stronger. I expect Japan esp. Nissan to do the same.
This is the best thing for consumers. But if this is the last of a generation the next generation should be another level.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:37 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robertp
For $300,000 (the cost of the GT2RS) you get a street legal GT3RSR.
It's completely subjective, but I would MUCH rather have a GT2RS.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:48 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know, although I love the car, they are getting close to CGT price territory. Hell, if you're at 300k what's another buck fifty for a pristine low mileage CGT.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:28 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
I don't know, although I love the car, they are getting close to CGT price territory. Hell, if you're at 300k what's another buck fifty for a pristine low mileage CGT.
I'd take this car over a CGT anyday. Even if they were the same price.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:41 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I'd take this car over a CGT anyday. Even if they were the same price.
Sorry Scott, if they were the same price, I wouldn't even blink. V10 naturally aspirated, carbon fiber body, 600 plus power. Maybe not as fast around the track, but it is a work of art. By the way, I saw your motor about a week ago and your car sitting on the lift at TPC.

Attached Images  

Last edited by 9Eleven; 05-13-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
Sorry Scott, if they were the same price, I wouldn't even blink. V10 naturally aspirated, carbon fiber body, 600 plus power. Maybe not as fast around the track, but it is a work of art. By the way, I saw your motor about a week ago and your car sitting on the lift at TPC.
No need to apologize for your opinion, bro.

I love the CGT. I think it's puts all Ferraris and Lambos to shame. But to me..the GT2 RS is a much more desireable car. Plus, I like the 911 bodystyle and the fact that it has turbos.

As far as my car, we ended up having to order different parts than what we thought (cam housing and lifters) so we ares till waiting for them to arrive.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:07 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
No need to apologize for your opinion, bro.

I love the CGT. I think it's puts all Ferraris and Lambos to shame. But to me..the GT2 RS is a much more desireable car. Plus, I like the 911 bodystyle and the fact that it has turbos.

As far as my car, we ended up having to order different parts than what we thought (cam housing and lifters) so we ares till waiting for them to arrive.
Speaking of that...

You need to update the build thread pics.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:54 AM
needforspeed502 is a splendid one to beholdneedforspeed502 is a splendid one to beholdneedforspeed502 is a splendid one to beholdneedforspeed502 is a splendid one to beholdneedforspeed502 is a splendid one to beholdneedforspeed502 is a splendid one to beholdneedforspeed502 is a splendid one to beholdneedforspeed502 is a splendid one to behold
As far as that previous poster about driving the ACR Viper, I had driven many of them and they are night and day. The ACR is so much more composed at speeds about 150mph it is unreal. Doesn't really matter because I would still take the GT2RS over just about any car in the world lol

Old 05-14-2010, 02:13 AM
DS1
DS1 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Wow, I wouldn't have compared the GT2RS to the GT-R in the same paragraph, much less the same sentence,
You were referring to the Suzuki controversy...

but - Sport Auto ran a 7:38 (after a few laps). ~12secs off Suzuki's claimed best time (after thousands of laps - if you recall, Suzuki ran a claimed time of 7:35 pretty early on, which would put this with a 3sec difference). This doesn't seem like an anomoly at all.
Sport Auto had the GT-R for the second time and did more then just a few laps. Furthermore, a good driver can get to 99% of a cars performance within a couple of laps (on a know circuit and Horst von Saurma knows the Nordschleife pretty well), especially if it's such an easy car to drive as the GT-R is.

The most part is the thousands of laps... Including stops, lunchbreak, etc. he can do about 50 laps in a day. Are you actually claiming that the GT-R, (after being released!) has been driven by Suzuki on the Ring on say 40 full days? WTF? The Suzuki time is more believable than that...

But it has been a lie. The GT-R (stock) is incapable to go round the Nordschleife in 7.26, period.

I think the GT-R has proven itself to be pretty formidable around a race track
It is a quick car. But not as quick as some are claiming. It is hilaroius to read about all these people that are going round the Nordschleife in extremely fast BTG's. Much faster than I go round. But when I am there, I always go faster. I haven't seen one GT-R go faster, not even the one that have obviously been tuned. Of course, there will be someone faster, no doubt, but compared to the stories on the internet... reality differs. To be honest, my 996 turbo (8 years older than the GT-R) has had a tune and a Manthey suspension, Manthey brakes, PS Cups...

My point being: there is a lot of bull**** about this car on the internet. It a very good car, very cheap (but also looks cheap and Nissan isn't making money on it like VW isn't making money on the Bugatti), but it is not the greatest car in the world, not the fastest car in the world (and yes, this is claimed by lots of idiots). It is the quickest daily useable car you can buy for that money.

(even tracked faster than the new 997Turbo (non-PDK)).
On all circuits? Or just on a couple of circuits? Furthermore, I always said that the double clutch gearbox is what makes the GT-R shine, so if one would compare these cars, they should get the PDK version.

The 'Ring times are nothing more than marketing.
No. They are used as a marketingtool. However, the Ring is saying something about the performance of a car. It is a large circuit with many different bends and griplevels that are more comparable to griplevels off circuit. If a car is fast on the Ring, it will be fast in all situations you're going to meet with your car.

The GT2RS did not need to run it. But I think it's fun to watch Porsche kick dirt in Nissan's face.
You are aware that Porsche is using the Ringtimes for over a decade now and that nissan is the one that tried to steal Porsche's glory (with lies!)?

I hope Nissan retaliates... With what? I don't know. I don't think ANYBODY can make a car to compete with this (in all areas). Time will tell. Exciting times.
I think that since Ferrari apparently will be using the Ring for marketing purposes (with there ridiculous claim about the 599xx being the fasted production derived car around the Ring, driving on full slick!), Porsche and Ferrari will fight a battle that no Japanese manufacturer will be able to follow, let alone beat.

Porsche is raising the bar for Ferrari, not for Nissan. They were faster then Nissan already...

Last edited by DS1; 05-14-2010 at 02:16 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:38 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Can we please focus on the car at hand? The GT-R is irrelevant.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:49 AM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Can we please focus on the car at hand? The GT-R is irrelevant.
And w/ these times so is everything else.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New GT2 RS News: Nurburgring Time !