996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Misfires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 07:35 PM
bsprad is on a distinguished road
To those of you who had the same problem- did you replace plugs with stock or others to solve the issue?

Old 06-30-2010, 07:38 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bsprad
To those of you who had the same problem- did you replace plugs with stock or others to solve the issue?
Basically, if your car is stock, run stock plugs. If your car is flashed (or more), run the plugs your tuner recommends.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:45 PM
Tuner recommends stock plugs. I'm having them installed tomorrow.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:51 PM
griggsat will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by bsprad
It was suggested by my tuner to run a colder plug after flashing (and getting misfires). Even if not 100% necessary now, with a few more mods I would definitely need them. From what I understand a colder plug cannot hurt your engine, but not running a colder one when you should can hurt your engine.

I went with Denso IK22's.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:56 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by griggsat
It was suggested by my tuner to run a colder plug after flashing (and getting misfires). Even if not 100% necessary now, with a few more mods I would definitely need them. From what I understand a colder plug cannot hurt your engine, but not running a colder one when you should can hurt your engine.

I went with Denso IK22's.
Just my input.
There is always the exception to the rule.
Run a cold plug and don't get it into its heat range and it will foul up, make carbon and cause very poor starting, poor slow running/idle and high power misfires.
You have got to get the correct heat range for your individual application.
But yes, if you have a heavily modded car its best to have a cooler plug as they will self clean. So long as you dont drive like your Granny.lol
Frank.

Old 07-04-2010, 01:36 PM
I ended up getting new stock plugs and coil packs installed and the car now runs great. What an amazing difference. I'm now holding 1.3bar easily and the car feels like new. It's also idling and running smoother overall.