996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I had a weird Friday night!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 03:43 PM
Pioneer Member
Scott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond repute
I had a weird Friday night!

I'll make a long story short as best as I can.

My wife and I were going to get some dinner Friday night, and in front of me, this orange bug bursts into flame. The back end had a big rooster tail of fire.

She turned into a fast food (Whataburger) parking lot, and I turned in right behind her. (2 other cars near us just kept going...wtf do people think?)

Anyway, I get out while my wife calls 911 (not Porsche but emergency).
The female driver and her friend both get out after parking it. I told them that my wife was calling 911, and that I'd try and put it out.
I ran into Whataburger and ran straight into the kitchen. I was yelling, "I need the fire extinguisher!" Well, most of them probably didn't speak much English. I finally saw it and just grabbed it.
The fire was pretty big, but the extinguisher put it out pretty well.
The fire dept. showed up and verified it was all out... etc. My wife and I made sure she had help (her husband was on the way), so we left.
Whew... what a night. But then....

We go to Flemings Steak House. While eating dinner, I look over and the bus boy had put the candle on the seat while changing the table linen. He put the new linen on the table and didn't return the candle. The candle was sitting right under it, and it starts to catch on fire! I got up and caught it super early, so no big flame.

What an odd night. Maybe a career change is in order. I just don't think I could support my 911 habit with it.

2nd part of the story is....

Who here has extinguishers in their cars? After this, I decided it's well worth it.
Originally, I thought it was a little silly to have one in a modern car that's not a race car, but not anymore. We were able to basically save her car by having one so close.

Old 01-31-2005, 03:51 PM
alexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud of
Re: I had a weird Friday night!

Originally posted by Scott in H-town

We go to Flemings Steak House. While eating dinner, I look over and the bus boy had put the candle on the seat while changing the table linen. He put the new linen on the table and didn't return the candle. The candle was sitting right under it, and it starts to catch on fire! I got up and caught it super early, so no big flame.
Just like the Seinfeld episode. Did the busboy get fired? lol

Old 01-31-2005, 03:54 PM
Pioneer Member
Scott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond repute
OMG...haha. I had forgotten about that episode.
No. I saved his job.

Old 01-31-2005, 04:40 PM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
I have one in the car, and one in the garage - you just never know.

Old 01-31-2005, 06:39 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Wow, when I first saw your thread title I thought you just were cross-posting from your Men Who Dig Other Men Who Look Like Anthony Edwards messageboard, wanting to talk it up about how playing Dr. is even more fun when you look like a TV one and proctology is on the menu, but then quickly realized you were actually a hero. Keep up the good work, Smokey!

Old 01-31-2005, 06:44 PM
joekimdds is infamous around these parts
i bought one but cant find a mount for it...i've seen some mounted in front of the seats...do you where to look for them?

Old 01-31-2005, 06:57 PM
P O R S C H E
KSA Turbo is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: I had a weird Friday night!

Originally posted by alexWS6
Just like the Seinfeld episode. Did the busboy get fired? lol

Old 01-31-2005, 07:08 PM
Pioneer Member
Originally posted by Red Devil
Wow, when I first saw your thread title I thought you just were cross-posting from your Men Who Dig Other Men Who Look Like Anthony Edwards messageboard,

Joekim, this is where I'm getting one.

http://www.bkauto.com/porsche/r2020.php#top (this model is for 996 stock seats)

Old 01-31-2005, 07:10 PM
JPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really nice
Anthony Edwards...good observation.

That is an odd story, I wouldn't light any candles at home for a while, just in case...

Old 01-31-2005, 09:27 PM
Welcome to the OC, bitch!
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
Re: I had a weird Friday night!

Originally posted by Scott in H-town

What an odd night. Maybe a career change is in order. I just don't think I could support my 911 habit with it.
You obviously have no idea how much firefighters make! Depending on the department, you can start as high as $60K-$70K and retire in 20 years at well over $120K+

Old 01-31-2005, 09:37 PM
nman413 is infamous around these parts
you dont need 20 years to get to $120k. my cousin in law is at that in about 7 years. and he can retire with a killer pension....

Old 01-31-2005, 09:48 PM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
and you get all those days off to go to the track

Old 01-31-2005, 10:02 PM
FineProperty is infamous around these parts
Careful Scott...things happen in 3's. Don't burn the burgers on the BBQ.

Old 02-01-2005, 02:57 AM
vtgts300kw is infamous around these parts
congratulations. right place at right time i geuss,

our car comes with a fire extinguisher(SP) in the boot of it as standard. only a small one but it would do the trick if its ever called into action. i too wonderd why you would need it but always thought that it would be incredibly handy and i geuss life saving when it needs to be used. a good adition to anyones car imo.

Old 02-01-2005, 06:37 AM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Scott ... woa ... bad karma.

I have one in the garage, kitchens, and tt, lambo, and all over at work.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I had a weird Friday night!