996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

3 gear pull durametric log

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Mr swed is on a distinguished road
3 gear pull durametric log

Hi Gents
I did some 3 gear pulls and logged actual values, the car is running 99 ron fuel,K16 turbos, 9ff exhaust with a euro tuner tune. I am not sure that the tune is correct.

input appreciated.
Regards Rob

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
0721run3.pdf (54.0 KB, 266 views)
Old 08-05-2010, 02:50 PM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mr swed
Hi Gents
I did some 3 gear pulls and logged actual values, the car is running 99 ron fuel,K16 turbos, 9ff exhaust with a euro tuner tune. I am not sure that the tune is correct.

input appreciated.
Regards Rob
Looks pretty good - 1.0 bar max, injector duty cycles around 86% max. AFR's down around 11.7-8.

It would be nice to also log "Engine Load" at the same time. If you plot load vs rpm, you get a poor man's dyno curve. You don't know the actual value, but you can get relative numbers. You can compute hp as Load*RPM*pi/16,500, still also a relative number.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:04 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FAST FWD
Looks pretty good - 1.0 bar max, injector duty cycles around 86% max. AFR's down around 11.7-8.

It would be nice to also log "Engine Load" at the same time. If you plot load vs rpm, you get a poor man's dyno curve. You don't know the actual value, but you can get relative numbers. You can compute hp as Load*RPM*pi/16,500, still also a relative number.
Hi Fast Fwd,

I'm still playing with my new durametric. Could you please tell me how you worked out the AFR from the log shown. I can see the Lambda readings. What do you do with them to convert. Also how did you work out the inj duty cycle.
Cheers,
Frank

Old 08-05-2010, 07:38 PM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sunnyside
Hi Fast Fwd,

I'm still playing with my new durametric. Could you please tell me how you worked out the AFR from the log shown. I can see the Lambda readings. What do you do with them to convert. Also how did you work out the inj duty cycle.
Cheers,
Frank
Hi, Frank,

AFR = 14.7*Lambda
(14.7 is stoichiomeric ratio for air / gasoline)

Duty cycle = Injector time * RPM / 1200
(time ms)*(0.001 s/ms)*(RPM rot/min)*(1/60 min/s)*(1/2 intake/rev)*100%

Bar = (Boost - ambient pressure)/980

I wish I knew how to convert Durametric load (or torque) to ft-lbs... I asked Durametric and they said they don't know - they just report what the ECU tells them.

Jon

Old 08-05-2010, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the input, Jon.
I will try to do some runs this weekend.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:50 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Cheers Jon
Frank

Last edited by Frank ( Sunnyside ); 08-06-2010 at 02:32 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:15 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Hi, Frank,

I wish I knew how to convert Durametric load (or torque) to ft-lbs... I asked Durametric and they said they don't know - they just report what the ECU tells them.

Jon
Most of the maps are set up in RPMs vs. engine load.... that goes for corrected afrs, target afrs, the 4 ignition maps... ironically some of the boost maps are rpms vs engine temp... thats kinda odd but oh well thats the Germans.. lol...

here is a sample... stock 996 target AFrs... RPM vs. engine load...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 08-06-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:33 AM
Marksi I cant see the sampel!

Old 08-06-2010, 07:36 AM
Originally Posted by Mr swed
Marksi I cant see the sampel!
Hi Markski,
I cant either, just a red cross.
Frank

Old 08-06-2010, 07:50 AM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Bar = (Boost - ambient pressure)/980
If the datalog shows 2304 as boost, do you subtract 980? 2304 - 980 = 1324 or 1.324 bar?

Old 08-06-2010, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
If the datalog shows 2304 as boost, do you subtract 980? 2304 - 980 = 1324 or 1.324 bar?
No you take boost 2304-ambient pressure / 980
In my case average boost (1920 - 1008) / 980 = 0.93 bar

Old 08-06-2010, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
The boost reported is in mm of Hg. To correct for the ambient conditions, subtract the reported boost pressure at idle. In Rob's dataset, that was 1008.5. To convert to bar, divide by 980 mm Hg, which is the definition of 1 bar.

Bar = (Boost pressure of sensor - Boost pressure at idle)/980

Jon

Old 08-06-2010, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
Most of the maps are set up in RPMs vs. engine load.... that goes for corrected afrs, target afrs, the 4 ignition maps... ironically some of the boost maps are rpms vs engine temp... thats kinda odd but oh well thats the Germans.. lol...

here is a sample... stock 996 target AFrs... RPM vs. engine load...
I can't see those data either. I didn't get a baseline for my car before it was modded. I'd really like to see that dataset. I suppose that one could convert the engine load to advertised torque from Porsche to get a dimensional number.

Jon

Old 08-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Sorry does this work?

And here is a ignition map....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 08-06-2010 at 10:18 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:34 AM
Well, I can sort of read it, but I'm not sure what it means.

If you could post a Durametric output of Engine Load vs. RPM in stock trim, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

jon

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 3 gear pull durametric log