996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I never thought I'd say this.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 11:52 AM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Tim did you see what you did!!!!! Our cars are going to loose value now!!!! There will be a flood of TT for sale on Ebay next week or exchange for a mini

Old 08-18-2010, 12:09 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
I had Mini S and E46 M3 but if you realy want FUN on the street get a BIKE that's a thrill,a real trip.............a bike is much more in the street then the cars you guys mentions against the 996tt.

If you have mountain roas very close where you live....there is no best feeling that a 996tt going fast.When you take a sharp bend fast and you see your PSM on because your 996tt shakes the tail then you're going to feel buterflys in the stomach or your eggs in your throat

Old 08-18-2010, 01:27 PM
timf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud of
mmmmm.....

Seems I'm not alone in this matter.

Guess it really comes down to a few factors:

1. Drivers ability
2. Location
3. Power available.

I'm more into light weight nimble cars (like my long gone 1969 Lotus Elan Sprint) - absolutely underpowered by today's standards, but back in the day a delight to drive. Wished I'd never sold it.

As for the TT - complete overkill on normal roads but on a track a different matter altogether.

The TT is way more car than I can handle and don't mind admitting it, which is why I guess the Mini is more fun, plus it seems as though you're going faster than what you actually.

I did try to autocross my TT once, but gave up after about 20 minutes and having seen how easy the old 911's could break loose at the rear figured the TT is not the right tool (at least for me).

Always good to have options though !

Old 08-18-2010, 01:33 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
got a friend that has a ton of high powered sports cars and says his turbo mini S is the most fun to drive out of all of them. I would get one in a heartbeat if they werent so feminine...I still ahvent really come across one that looks "mean"

Old 08-18-2010, 07:47 PM
aircavscout has a spectacular aura aboutaircavscout has a spectacular aura aboutaircavscout has a spectacular aura about
The heck with all of you! I love TT's so much I purchased an Audi TT S line 3.2 quattro... Actually it was just a really good price... Mini Cooper... Cute car. (exclusiveTT's quote) Next thing you know your going to tell us Austin Powers was a great movie! Sounds like it's time for you to drop some coin on that new 997TT so we can bring you back. Come back to the light..... You have run adrift!!!

Old 08-18-2010, 11:25 PM
L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
got a friend that has a ton of high powered sports cars and says his turbo mini S is the most fun to drive out of all of them. I would get one in a heartbeat if they werent so feminine...I still ahvent really come across one that looks "mean"
this looks pretty mean:

Old 08-18-2010, 11:42 PM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by timf
having seen how easy the old 911's could break loose at the rear figured the TT is not the right tool (at least for me).
!
Breaking loose is a good thing now?? (I know what you mean - Still miss my 350Z donut machine)

what kind of tire pressure and PSS9 settings do you use?

I had a mini for a while and it certainly did make you feel like a stunt extra on the "Italian Job", racing minis (bobble head style at that!) and all. To get the same feeling in the TT...you'll be going much faster (even in the twisties).

Old 08-18-2010, 11:55 PM
Lysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really nice
I've always considered a Mini. Are they pretty reliable? My last car was a Lotus Elise, and I got rid of it because it didn't have the torque that I was looking for. Enter the Porsche...and life is good. However I do miss how nimble the Elise was.

Of course they'd come out with THIS...but I don't have a gazillion bucks

http://www.porscheturbokit.com/other...lise-725hp.asp

Old 08-19-2010, 08:31 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
That Hennesey Venom GT is a beautifull car,realy impresive.I want one too

Old 08-19-2010, 09:44 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
When is someone going to come out with a GT28 bolt on kit and tuning for the Turbo Mini? And before anyone asks... No, I'm not joking.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:25 AM
L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
When is someone going to come out with a GT28 bolt on kit and tuning for the Turbo Mini? And before anyone asks... No, I'm not joking.
Don't know but this guy took a mini to the next level:

650hp Mini Cooper S

Old 08-19-2010, 10:37 AM
They don't hold that much power......i blew my Mini's engine

Old 08-19-2010, 11:06 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by rdss
They don't hold that much power......i blew my Mini's engine
Woah! Maybe a simple tune then? How'd you blow yours?

Old 08-19-2010, 11:19 AM
Woah! Maybe a simple tune then? How'd you blow yours?

MIne had pulls,ECU tuned,no cats and Supersprint muffler.

I was racing a Renault Clio Sport,i was ahead and wott waiting(i still am) to get closer to the red line in 5'gear to change to 6' and puffff a big cloud of smoke behind me.......no more Mini S

Maybe a bad tune because i was pulling hard in a strait line or maybe a

bad,bad driver

Old 08-19-2010, 01:19 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
Arriving late to the conversation I can add that the MINI is indeed a fun car

handles well, it gets good MPG, its utilitarian and fun but...

it does not handle like a go kart... at least not like the go karts I know...

there is always this erroneous conotation that the MINI handles like a go kart, it doesn't.

is the MINI better than a 996TT? well is not by any means, the 996TT is perhaps, at these prices and if you can find a decent one, the best DD you can have right now...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I never thought I'd say this.....