996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Just installed sprint booster and 997 shifter - Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 03:02 PM
falcon7x7 is a splendid one to beholdfalcon7x7 is a splendid one to beholdfalcon7x7 is a splendid one to beholdfalcon7x7 is a splendid one to beholdfalcon7x7 is a splendid one to beholdfalcon7x7 is a splendid one to beholdfalcon7x7 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Frissen
any more input from actual users?

if it works I'm in, but need more referals
I had one in my 2001 N/A, is was all that was advertised, and will purchase one for my Turbo. I have NO affiliation with SprintBooster.

Guys/Gals....Give it a shot, there is the 30 day money back guarantee, that is how I will be buying mine for the Turbo, if I don't like it, back it goes!

I don't know how long the install takes in the Turbo but the 2001 N/A install took 1 hour.

Last edited by falcon7x7; 09-08-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:15 PM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !
I have one in my mercedes CLK500. It makes a pretty big difference in the SLOWWWWW mercedes throttle response. I never had a problem with the porsche throttle, but may give it a whirl anyway

Old 09-08-2010, 03:31 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Frissen
any more input from actual users?

if it works I'm in, but need more referals
I had one on my CTT, big difference, before S/B, tap the throttle and the track wouldn't even move, after S/B tap the throttle and it was like the PSM button was off and jumped in 1st gear. I told a friend about it, put it his and said if you like it pay me cash and I'll buy another, so...I buying another! Don't know how it will be on my modded 996TT, should have both new ones by Friday, will test out this weekend and let you know!

Old 09-08-2010, 04:28 PM
jprice is on a distinguished road
I don't think anyone is arguing that the Spring Booster doesn't "work" or change anything. I think the problem is that the advertising is very misleading in what it does.

It increases the voltage going to your ECU from your gas pedal, basically simulating that you have pushed the pedal more than you have.

It's not as advanced as the 'M' button, as that changes more than just gas input vs throttle angle (and it's changed in the ECU, not voltage amp inline).

If you noticed that when you blip the throttle it revs more than before, just know that you could have had it rev more (and just as fast!) by simply pressing the gas pedal more.

If the advertising wasn't misleading to make people believe it reduces DBW lag (IT DOES NOT!), then maybe there'd be less controversy.

Just say what the product really does. People like it who aren't able to press the pedal more themselves apparently.

Sprint Booster: More throttle with less pedal.

Old 09-08-2010, 05:14 PM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !
I dont know the science of it and was always a skeptic until I tried it. The fact of the matter is this- If I stomp the gas pedal all the way to the floor in my mercedes, all 8 cylinders sit there thinking "Do you really want to do that, stupid?" for what feels like 2 seconds before the tires spin. It does this from a stop and does it at highway speeds.

With the module installed, the lag is literally eliminated. Take off is instant and passing is instant. I can even make the car rock by surging the gas pedal where it used to be that if I pumped the pedal quickly it wouldn't move while it "thinks"

I would try it before you bash it. Like I said before though - with my EPL tune, I don't really have much of a problem with my porsche throttle. I would love to hear the outcome of more users on tuned turbo cars.

Originally Posted by jprice
I don't think anyone is arguing that the Spring Booster doesn't "work" or change anything. I think the problem is that the advertising is very misleading in what it does.

It increases the voltage going to your ECU from your gas pedal, basically simulating that you have pushed the pedal more than you have.

It's not as advanced as the 'M' button, as that changes more than just gas input vs throttle angle (and it's changed in the ECU, not voltage amp inline).

If you noticed that when you blip the throttle it revs more than before, just know that you could have had it rev more (and just as fast!) by simply pressing the gas pedal more.

If the advertising wasn't misleading to make people believe it reduces DBW lag (IT DOES NOT!), then maybe there'd be less controversy.

Just say what the product really does. People like it who aren't able to press the pedal more themselves apparently.

Sprint Booster: More throttle with less pedal.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:04 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Prche951
are you speaking from experience? Do or did you have one?
Did I have one? An M3 - yes, the sprint booster - no. That's why I'm asking about it.....

Old 09-08-2010, 06:09 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
i think this says it all. PEdal response is faster. if you feel you need that then go for it. For me, it's the last thing I need. My engine zings when I hit the throttle.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:49 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
The following is a paper written about 2007 tests done with the Sprint Booster. It is long at twelve pages. http://www.peony888.com/VS/SprintBooster.pdf

Here is the conclusion without the comments as to price.

The Sprint Booster is a simple amplifier that multiplies the accelerator pedal sensor signal, making the accelerator pedal more sensitive. It does not eliminate any significant delay in throttle response, nor does it greatly improve acceleration figures. It does not change the adaptive throttle control programming of electronic throttle control vehicles. It does change pedal “feel”. This change in feel is interpreted by some as improved throttle response, acceleration, and a change in adaptive throttle control programming.

Last edited by cjv; 09-08-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by cjv
The following is a paper written about tests done with the Sprint Booster. It is long at twelve pages. http://www.peony888.com/VS/SprintBooster.pdf

Here is the conclusion without the comments as to price.

The Sprint Booster is a simple amplifier that multiplies the accelerator pedal sensor signal, making the accelerator pedal more sensitive. It does not eliminate any significant delay in throttle response, nor does it greatly improve acceleration figures. It does not change the adaptive throttle control programming of electronic throttle control vehicles. It does change pedal “feel”. This change in feel is interpreted by some as improved throttle response, acceleration, and a change in adaptive throttle control programming.
Interesting write. thanks for the link

Obviously being tied to the accelerator only and not the cars computers, it is not possible to alter anything but the throttle position. But somehow it transforms the drive of a slow drive by wire.

It is probably expensive for some cars that don't suffer with deadly slow response times, but for what it does to a 70 thousand dollar NA mercedes that gives you time to write a novel before it takes off, it's worth the cost of entry.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:05 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NOLA911
Interesting write. thanks for the link

Obviously being tied to the accelerator only and not the cars computers, it is not possible to alter anything but the throttle position. But somehow it transforms the drive of a slow drive by wire.

It is probably expensive for some cars that don't suffer with deadly slow response times, but for what it does to a 70 thousand dollar NA mercedes that gives you time to write a novel before it takes off, it's worth the cost of entry.
NOLA911,

Some may like it. Others may not. The product has something to offer. I believe the paper is fair and balanced. People need to understand and make up their own mind.

Have I missed something? If the paper is not correct, by all means speak up.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:19 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
if you guys are looking for a 997 stock shifter as the local p car dealer usually they have a box of them from putting in the 997ssk 50$ to the tech ina bay generally gets u one. maybe even installed

Old 09-08-2010, 11:13 PM
Former Vendor
SprintBooster is an unknown quantity at this point
When it comes to our customer's opinions, we take it very seriously. We use that feedback to constantly improve upon our product.

We have had our product reviewed, tested and evaluated at great length by our customers , technical professionals and the media. Our product has been certified by the TUV in Europe, which can be argued as one of the most reputable certifications to achieve in the world.

Here at Sprint Booster we stand back and let the product speak for itself. Talking to someone about Sprint Booster generally leads to people not getting the whole picture. We can post technical evidence, or documents, but we find that for some its not god enough. or some think there is something suspect or fishy about it. Or that our product is just a bunch of wires from a electronic store. Some will even make a snap value judgement and assume that our product isnt worth the $329 dollars.

The bottom line is, Sprint Booster opinion are split mostly between two opposing camps. Those who have used sprint booster and love it. And those who have never tried the product, and make an arm chair decision on how it works or just simply don't want to give it a chance. The one thing that we love to see is when someone who might be a bit skeptical and has never used the product before, actually try it. Porsche's, Mitsubishi's, Lexus IS series, It doesnt really matter that what car it is. Generally after a quick test drive around the block, the driver knows almost instantly, that they like it, and like it a lot.

Those who own the product, generally love it and think its worth the investment. We have had a "NO B.S." return policy that gives the customer a chance to test drive the product for 30 days. If they dont like, if they dont think its worth the investment. Return it. And to be very honest, not many units have come back sir. Not many at all.

People can research this, google is a very good tool. But like we have said. There are those who have tried the product and those who analysis it from a far. Words just doesn't do our product justice. As the Master Distributor of Sprint Booster in North America, we feel the best decision you will ever make, will be to try our product. With zero risk, what is there to lose. Final point. After trying the product, come right back and tell us. Document your experience, tell everyone what you liked and what you didnt like.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by SprintBooster
Have you tried our product sir?
Yes, yes I have.....

Again, this amplifies the voltage from the pedal to the ECU, has ZERO effect on any DBW lag that motronic may incur, and it does NOT do anything that a person can't do anyway with their right foot WITHOUT this amplifier.. simply press the gas pedal more and PRESTO!!!

No more smoke and mirrors!!

Shall I post input and output DC voltages?

Last edited by jprice; 09-10-2010 at 12:17 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by Prche951
i think this says it all. PEdal response is faster. if you feel you need that then go for it. For me, it's the last thing I need. My engine zings when I hit the throttle.

Are you kidding me? Look at that graph.. it's quite incomplete and misleading. Notice what's missing? Actual pedal position... that's what the X axis should be, not time. Without that, you can't tell what's going on.

They never come out and admit what the product actually does, as that might hurt sales. The data presented by the company itself is incomplete and no real conclusions can be drawn from it, but it's presented in a way to lead you to an incorrect assumption.

Again, the product does what it's designed to do.. amplify the voltage from the pedal to the ECU to simulate you pressing the gas pedal more. It does no more, and it does no less.

Last edited by jprice; 09-09-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:42 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by willieboy
That settles it. 997SSK it is. Thanks for all the input guys. I new this mod bug was going to kill me
I think you'll really like the SSK. I have the 997SSK Porsche one and it's certainly one of my favorite mods. Worlds better than the east bound and down long throw stock shifter.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Just installed sprint booster and 997 shifter - Review