996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

UMW Customer.. let the fun begin

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 10:48 AM
Lysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really nice
Markski, I was looking at your site. Love all the information. Found a crazy video of your car on YouTube. Holy cow that thing is amazing.

How do your Alpha Tial 28's compare to your biggest 30's? What rpm does the power hit for each? Recommend for the street, track or just straight line pulls?

Do any of your customers have any 60-130 times with them?

I'm looking at these Alpha Tial 28's http://bit.ly/avgIlb
and these Alpha Tial 30's http://bit.ly/dradgW

Thanks,
Joe

Last edited by Lysoleverywhere; 09-18-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:02 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Lysoleverywhere
How do your Alpha Tial 28's compare to your biggest 30's? What rpm does the power for each? Recommend for the street, track or just straight line pulls?

Do any of your customers have any 60-130 times with them?

Joe
they dont compare... lol its in a different league... they are not 30rs... they are 30r type of power and then some...

Palette ran today a 5.69 with a bad shift... Scott trapped 140mph yesterday at the strip... we ran low to mid 5s at 1.45 bar... dont ask when we turned it up...lol

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-18-2010, 11:12 AM
silver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to all
Markski is a great guy and very knowlegable. I for one do appreciate his sharing of knowledge and suggestions. I have Kevins older hybrid kit and have been happy with it. Kevin actually fielded a call from me on a holiday weekend to help me with a personal install of a used setup of his I bought from someone else. I was gratefull for that. Both guys are truly an asset to this forum and our 996tt platform.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
Met up w/ Kevin yesterday for the 1st time.. that is one good dude. He makes himself available at all times. Not sure if thats a wise business decision or not.. mans got to sleep.

He pulled some readings off my ECU and we should be rocking and rolling by this weekend.

For those of you who have used him, I understand why you all are so passionate about the guy. Very nice and a bit too knowledgeable.

I should be receiving my tune shortly while he works on the turbos. I'll post my impressions with the tune once I get it. From what I have read, I got high expectations based off other peoples reactions. I'm psyched.

Bojan

Old 09-21-2010, 12:57 PM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Seattle996
Met up w/ Kevin yesterday for the 1st time.. that is one good dude. He makes himself available at all times. Not sure if thats a wise business decision or not.. mans got to sleep.

He pulled some readings off my ECU and we should be rocking and rolling by this weekend.

For those of you who have used him, I understand why you all are so passionate about the guy. Very nice and a bit too knowledgeable.

I should be receiving my tune shortly while he works on the turbos. I'll post my impressions with the tune once I get it. From what I have read, I got high expectations based off other peoples reactions. I'm psyched.

Bojan
Hmm

Was the engine running while he was "pulling these readings"?

Old 09-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
Hmm

Was the engine running while he was "pulling these readings"?
We were doing 100mph down the hwy while he checked the reading

Old 09-22-2010, 03:22 PM
Looks like I'm getting my ECU custom tune tonight by Kevin. I'm pumped. Should get the new turbos installed within a week... for that I cant wait!

I used to have a Gemballa tune on my old '01 996TT.. that thing was freaky fast for just a tune. Curious to see how the UMW will compare.

Old 09-22-2010, 05:44 PM
SaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really nice
I know there are other UMW guys out there.. any idea what to expect?

-Bojan
Expect a big smile ear to ear!

Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
I've used Kevin and he is at least 1000 miles away.
Jeff
I used Kevin for my last gt2 and again on my new and I'm in Australia!

Old 09-23-2010, 12:39 AM
^^ Got the tune tonight.. WoW.. I'm not about fluffing someones ego.. but he did a fantastic job. Car is civil when needs to be.. but at WOT it screams. HWY pulls are just torque monsters. Serious pulling power.. love it. My gemballa tune as mentioned before pulled strong. This is just awesome though. Couldn't be happier.

I cant wait for him to finish the turbos.. that will be an experience.

To those guys not sure if they want to go all out w/ a turbo package. I seriously suggest starting with a simple tune and exhaust. The power is just funny. It may be enough for most of the people on here for real world purposes. Going above w/ turbo packages is just silly. With that said.. I'm psyched for the turbos to come on

Bojan

Old 09-23-2010, 02:13 AM
SaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really nice
I cant wait for him to finish the turbos.. that will be an experience.
I'm waiting as well for my bad boys and I mean bad monsters

Old 09-26-2010, 09:13 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Another satisfied Stge2B customer here. The turbos spool up so fast it brings a smile to my face. Since I am at 6k feet, it is hard to compare, but I can honestly say that big bikes have trouble with me. Some vids will be coming soon.

Kevin is a great guy and always willing to help anyone including many who run other peoples kits but end up calling kevin for advice instead of their own tuners, which I find pretty funny. Sad part is that I was talking to him a week ago and he told me he had been banned from 6speed in the last month and he hasn't even made a post in many months so there is no reason for it, unless it was a mistake.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:40 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
also seems the mods are deleting any posts by banned members i cant find any of his posts or some that a guy put in my for sale thread.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:28 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Kevin is very knowledgeable and if I wanted a car for primarily road course/track duty his no lag turbos are an excellent choice. Also, him being local to you is a huge, huge advantage.

However his set ups don't "produce great power numbers!" in comparison to what Marksski and the other big dog set ups here on the board make.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:31 AM
Yah.. thats disappointing. Typically.. people come on and back their tuner or shoot down the other, starting a stupid I'm better than you thread. I'm glad its been civil in this thread.. and I assume its cause Kevin is just one real good dude.

Hey.. you got to pay to be a sponser. If he isn't a sponser.. well then its understandable I guess.

I drove the car all day yesterday.. just a monster. Totally transformed. Everyone should at least tune their car. Quickest and easiest way to make you feel silly while driving.

The turbos should be done sometimes soon.. thats when it goes from silly to scary. I can't even imagine what the 'big boys' feel like with their monster turbos. I'm staying relatively sane.. and that should be frightful to handle on the streets!!

Old 09-26-2010, 10:34 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Congrats...one thing for sure, you will never blow a motor w/ Kevin since he is conservative about stressing the motor. He is also a fan of the Europipe exhaust which is hands down the best sounding exhaust for cars making 600 or less whp.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: UMW Customer.. let the fun begin