996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

UMW Customer.. let the fun begin

Old 09-26-2010, 10:51 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Kevin is very knowledgeable and if I wanted a car for primarily road course/track duty his no lag turbos are an excellent choice. Also, him being local to you is a huge, huge advantage.

However his set ups don't "produce great power numbers!" in comparison to what Marksski and the other big dog set ups here on the board make.

i asked kevin about this while i had him on the phone his reply was.

I dont want to mess with those huge horsepower cars too many problems and issues. Ill stick with the medium power builds and happy customers.

he knows how to make em big just doesn't want the extra problems that an insane build brings.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:18 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OS Inspector

I dont want to mess with those huge horsepower cars too many problems and issues. Ill stick with the medium power builds and happy customers.

he knows how to make em big just doesn't want the extra problems that an insane build brings.
Correct sir....and if you don't live in Houston, you will be happy

Old 09-26-2010, 11:23 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Correct sir....and if you don't live in Houston, you will be happy
id be purfectly happy just driving a small turbo'd car and not watching it rot in the storage unit Sean

Old 09-26-2010, 11:28 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Name:  nana.gif
Views: 534
Size:  3.1 KBName:  nana.gif
Views: 534
Size:  3.1 KB

Old 09-26-2010, 12:27 PM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !

Isn't he the one who in fact did have a couple cars in his place for two or three YEARS trying to do "make em big," and it ended up with a couple of not too happy owners having all the parts and pieces shipped to EVOMS, where at least there was a happy ending with EVOMS building them two of the fastest cars here?

Old 09-26-2010, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by $manager
Isn't he the one who in fact did have a couple cars in his place for two or three YEARS trying to do "make em big," and it ended up with a couple of not too happy owners having all the parts and pieces shipped to EVOMS, where at least there was a happy ending with EVOMS building them two of the fastest cars here?
i dont know the story behind those builds assuming your talking about kpg and topgun, but there are plenty of bad stories about evoms. the only people who i dont think you'll find bad stories about are the new comers to our industry and maybe some of the top race shops that dont do 1000hp builds

Old 09-26-2010, 01:23 PM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
haha.. and I thought this thread would be void of 1 tuner vs another.

Not one company has a perfect record.. no matter how hard they try. Someone will always be disspointed... either product/customer servce/expectations.. blah blah.

But yeah.. I wanted a conservative build. And for the $$$ that I'm spending.. its one of the best bang for the bucks out there. I'm psyched.

Old 09-26-2010, 02:35 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
i dont know the story behind those builds assuming your talking about kpg and topgun, but there are plenty of bad stories about evoms. the only people who i dont think you'll find bad stories about are the new comers to our industry and maybe some of the top race shops that dont do 1000hp builds

yup, if someone wants to start throwing rocks, there are many glass houses. Least of which would be Kevin.

Old 09-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Every tuner mentioned on this thread screwed up in more then one way with client's cars/motors being held hostage for a few years.... it is easy to sit back and pic on those with higher HP set ups by waiting for a new thread to start and then say " I told you so"... and sure those pushing the envelope will usually have a higher ratio of bad things happen .. just goes with territory....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-27-2010, 02:38 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !

I think Kevin is knowledgeable, but to say "he knows how to build them" hmmm we will never know! which ones has he built? Mine was on hold for almost three years, waiting for hardware . Yes big builds take time & you run into problems as you go ( as Mark claerly stated). What seperates the men from the boy's is not how you start, but how you finish . I got my car back last week with a fully built gear box ( that I waited long for also), needless to say the end result was worth the wait. As far as Evoms tuning, my car drives like a stock car , but can do 220 at the mile .

Old 09-27-2010, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by topgun
I think Kevin is knowledgeable, but to say "he knows how to build them" hmmm we will never know! which ones has he built? Mine was on hold for almost three years, waiting for hardware . Yes big builds take time & you run into problems as you go ( as Mark claerly stated). What seperates the men from the boy's is not how you start, but how you finish . I got my car back last week with a fully built gear box ( that I waited long for also), needless to say the end result was worth the wait. As far as Evoms tuning, my car drives like a stock car , but can do 220 at the mile .
wish evoms took care of everyones car as equal to yours, if they did mine wouldn't be headed in for the second rebuild. with no help or discount from the people that built/tuned it

as far as business with kevin i cant relate ive not bought anything from him or entered into a project with him.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:47 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !

as far as business with kevin i cant relate ive not bought anything from him or entered into a project with him.
Bingo!!!! I know first hand

As far as your build, don't know specifics. hope you get it sorted out

Old 09-27-2010, 04:10 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
OS....just so I have this right. You took your car to evoms for an engine build. You decided on the work performed and parts used. You wrote the check to evoms for the build. Now they won't stand behind an issue related to the build? Sounds odd.....

Old 09-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
Whoa Whoa people.. start your own thread.

Wanted to let people know how my build goes. If you ladies want to fight, PM each other or battle it out eye to eye on Skype

Old 09-27-2010, 05:16 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Seattle996
Whoa Whoa people.. start your own thread.

Wanted to let people know how my build goes. If you ladies want to fight, PM each other or battle it out eye to eye on Skype
Fight? Are you serious....this is a slobbering love affair according to 6speed standards. Don't forget this is an open forum and all opinions are bound to be stated, if you want privacy open ypur own UMW facebook page! Btw, glad you like you tune....

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: UMW Customer.. let the fun begin