996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996 Turbo LED Taillights- how can we get em made?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 12:11 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Why doesn't 6speed sponsor the stupid lights? Sheesh what a bunch of girls. Like anyone is going to blame them - seriously what is their liability in this? ZERO. Any good PL attorney at their insurance company will have it dismissed in a second.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:48 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
CarGym.com has agreed to become a sponsor. Just sorting things out now...

Old 04-29-2013, 08:10 PM
gottspd has a spectacular aura aboutgottspd has a spectacular aura about
Slider, you are a rockstar. You've put so much energy into this. I do hope you are successful with this vendor. Good luck to you and all of us that are hoping to update our cars.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:13 PM
brichacek will become famous soon enoughbrichacek will become famous soon enough
Awesome news, I really hope this works out! I would love a pair of these

Old 05-10-2013, 02:59 PM
Administrator
IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !
watching and reading

Old 05-10-2013, 03:05 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
The vendor is now a sponsor. We're just waiting for admin (Chuck) to hook up the old thread to the new vendor...

Old 05-10-2013, 04:42 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Great SLIDER you're the man

Old 05-10-2013, 06:45 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
go on with your bad self, slider.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Fasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Slider
The vendor is now a sponsor. We're just waiting for admin (Chuck) to hook up the old thread to the new vendor...
Great move your awesome

Old 05-10-2013, 08:35 PM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
I wonder is this ever going to happen anytime soon? It has been more than 2 years since I signed up! Unfortunately, soon I will sell my 996tt and move on to buy a 991GT3. Thus, if there is rough time frame about when it can be available, please let us know. Thanks!

Old 05-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
not waiting for me...I haven't heard anything from the proposed new vendor as of yet

Old 05-27-2013, 11:47 AM
Th_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeTh_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeTh_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeTh_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeTh_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeTh_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeTh_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeTh_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeTh_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeTh_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeTh_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
Well, in case they get this sponsorship issue resolved...

They are making up a contract for the purchase of 250 units at $600 each for our members. They will then want a deposit to start the "real" work of development and production. Getting queasy yet? I'm not - I'm expecting everyone who committed to come forward and complete their purchase.
I see. Thank you for the explanation.
I was under the impression, from the previous thread, that they HAD begun development already (based on the list of 200+ members that you had gathered).
I thought they told you that they would have "production" ready by the early part of this year.
I can understand production delays, I have an extensive manufacturing background. I do not understand that they are JUST NOW getting ready "to start the 'real' work of development and production".
Please don't get me wrong, I'm very excited about this project and thankful for the effort you have made.
I merely want a clear idea of what to expect BEFORE placing my deposit. I would like to see a time and action calendar that identifies...
1) when a pre-production sample will be made available for review and approval
2) how many days after sample approval before production units will be delivered.
This has been quite the game of anticipation to this point. However, once I (and 200+ others) have placed a deposit, anticipation will become expectation. We will expect results. We will expect deadlines to be honored....at least I will.
Again, I (and many others) appreciate your efforts on this project.

Old 05-27-2013, 11:58 AM
I understand you confusion. They seem to go in one direction and make it very clear the way things are proceeding and then a few weeks later it's like they never said that. It is possible the guy I am dealing with is not at the top of the food chain and he has made promises that are not in his area of responsibility. Since I don't have any other contact at the company I have to keep dealing with the same guy.

In response to your points - I am expecting that the contract will nail everything down - and if it doesn't - we can amend the contract to include whatever conditions we feel are appropriate. Before all the the sponsorship crap interfered with the progress, I had mentioned the subject of the contract when the subject was first brought up by the manufacturer.

Once cash is on the table, I will expect and demand that all timelines be honoured.

Old 05-27-2013, 01:08 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
gents...sponsorship has always been an issue and this group buy should not have proceeded without a board sponsor being secured...sponsorship is absolutely imperative to protect the interests of the members and to make sure that they receive a well manufactured product for the proposed price...at this time there is no sponsorship of this group buy and no way to protect our members....under these conditions we cannot let it continue...as soon as a board sponsor is secured all the threads concerning this matter will be reopened.

I would like to make it clear that having a sponsor is necessary not to generate some meager funds to IB but to protect the members that are taking part in the group buy...at this point we have no sponsor and no way to ensure that members will have the same rights and assurances they have when dealing with a vendor of this forum...we need to know there will be a viable business that members can go to for replacement of defective lights, that will provide some sort of warranty of the product and that will make sure that those that have paid will receive the product...Ordinarily we have some recource if a vendor behaves badly...at this point those are issues that are unresolved. We will continue to try and find a way to make this group buy work.