996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

USP Motorsports |TiAL Billet Alpha 3071 project complete!! Results inside..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
USP Motorsports |TiAL Billet Alpha 3071 project complete!! Results inside..

This is a follow up of our original TiAL Billet Alpha 3071 dyno results thread found here - https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/222123-usp-motorsports-tial-alpha-3071s-billet-turbo-system-dyno-results.html . If you don’t feel like reading the first post, here are the cliff notes: We installed our first TiAL Billet Alpha 3071 kit on a customer’s 996, results were 669whp, and 607wtq (video and dyno graph in other thread). We were slightly displeased with the spool time and overall power, even though they were still very good, but we knew there were 2 very big restricting factors not allowing this setup to see its potential... The 2.5” catted Tubi exhaust, and factory turbo inlets. So as previously promised, we fixed those issues with our turbo inlet pipes, and our 3” performance exhaust system and just as we expected, the gains in overall power and power under the curve were substantial to say the least. Final results, the car is now making +82whp and +152wtq more peak power!! Power under the curve showed improvements of over 160whp and 170wtq at some points in the RPM band!! The car is a complete different animal. I was expecting big gains, but this is amazing. I have dyno graphs overlaid below with the original dyno after installing the TiAL kit, then after adding the USP turbo inlets, then after adding the exhaust on top of that. One of the big restricting factors in the exhaust, besides the fact that it was a 2.5" catted system, was that the outlet flange was only 3.0". The TiAL turbos require a 3.170" exhaust outlet flange!! So the Tubi system was blocking ~30% of the wastegate outlet!! This won't actually restrict power, but will cause boost spikes and makes tuning more difficult. I can't vouch for anyone else, but our exhaust is compatible with the TiAL Alpha 30 kit outlet flange. We've had our system in the works for sometime now but due to being to busy at the shop, our R&D time is always superseded by cars in the shop. However, after much needed time spent on this subject, we've finally had time to develop a muffler design that fits our needs and is efficient for making max power!!

On to the dyno graphs. *Important - Notice not only peak hp gains, but more importantly check the power under the curve during spool up. HUGE gains, which makes all the difference. When building a fast car, its NOT ALL ABOUT PEAK NUMBERS! Even though these were pretty impressive .

First, here are the direct comparisons of the TiAL kit first installed with factory inlets and Tubi 2.5" exhaust. The next up is with the USP turbo inlets and Tubi exhaust, and last is with the USP turbo inlets, and USP 3" performance exhaust. NOTICE HOW MUCH FASTER IT RAMPS INTO BOOST WITH THE BOOST GRAPH AT THE BOTTOM!! +82whp and +152wtq peak power with USP turbo inlets and exhaust!!

Next is the same run as above in torque.. again, check spoolup time and power under the curve!!!

This next 2 graphs are before and after the USP inlets on LOW BOOST, Tubi exhaust. NOTICE WITH STOCK TURBO INLETS, THE CAR IS ON MORE BOOST MAKING LESS POWER!! Boost controller turned off for both runs, exact same boost request.

Same graph as above, torque shown

And for the finale of the dyno graphs.. my 996TT K24/18g gragh vs. the TiAL Billet Alpha 3071 kit. Remember, my car trapped 146mph in the 1/4 mile and went 202 in the standing mile!!

Results: The TiAL kit made 39whp more PEAK HP, and 86whp more at 7400 RPM, and slightly faster spool up!!

Needless to say.. these are in the near future for my 996. Can you say 150+ traps

Here are some shots of the car in the shop, on the dyno..

The USP turbo inlet pipes!!

USP 3" performance exhaust

Exhaust will be available for purchase in the very near future. PM me for details.

Thanks to Tony@EPL for all the great custom tunes he has done on short notice.

Dyno video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep5W3qH0vnA

Last edited by Chris Green@USP; 10-05-2010 at 03:17 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:11 PM
earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !
good stuff! interesting to see the gains of the inlet pipes at even the lower boost levels

Old 10-04-2010, 05:19 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Great R&D Chris but your K24/18G is another animal on its own

Old 10-04-2010, 05:35 PM
Wolk's Wagon will become famous soon enoughWolk's Wagon will become famous soon enough
Nice results and very well documented!

I think I can speak for us all, when I say that's exactly the kind of information one needs to make a informed buying decision.

What A/R is the hot side of the 3071?

Old 10-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Now that's what I'm talking about back to back testing & dynoing.

Keep up the damn good work, Chris!!!!!

I'd love to see more details/pixs/specs on your exhaust?

Last edited by k-ore; 10-04-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:59 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
well done,

Old 10-04-2010, 06:12 PM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
chris .. thats very great package ..
congraatz

Old 10-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Damn.. Great thorough Documentation.. I wouldnt expect anything less from Chris.. Hes been doing this type of stuff on Euro's for 10+ years.. Proper before and after testing is the only way to show what is working and what is not.. Doesnt surprise me that the Tubi Was JUNK.. Nice work!!!

Mike

Old 10-04-2010, 06:37 PM
floridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud of
That's awesome work Chris, I see 3" piping in my future.

Ken

Old 10-04-2010, 06:38 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Very nice results Chris and very good explanation of the dynos,thanks and congrats on your excellent work.

Old 10-04-2010, 06:57 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Hell yeah, awesome!

Old 10-04-2010, 07:11 PM
ETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant future
Awesome results. This is very interesting to read. It's nice to be able to see all of the charts overlaid as well

Old 10-04-2010, 08:57 PM
vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !
Sorry if it was mentioned -- but was this on E85 still????

Regardless, huge congrats.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
Yes on e85.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:06 PM
pinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to behold
nice results! i have almost the same exact set up as far as intake pipings, markski's 3" race exhaust, and 3071. this makes me. i guess this would be equivalent to running c16 on 26psi of boost? what clutch is this car running? great break down by the way

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: USP Motorsports |TiAL Billet Alpha 3071 project complete!! Results inside..