996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

SMOG + Europipe 2 Loud = PASS

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-27-2010, 04:36 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by stef@europipe
Step 1 : don't call me Step
PM send

Cheers, Stef
I'm curious as well being in CA. I have a few questions

What does the stage 1 weigh?
Does it have 100 cell cats?
What is the piping size?
How much dinero?

Old 12-27-2010, 06:57 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
I'd just get a Stage 2... (unless you get a killer deal on a used Stage1)

Otherwise you'll want the Stage 2 eventually.

If you ever want to hear a Loud on an X50, ping me when you are passing Sacto!

Old 12-28-2010, 01:18 AM
Ms4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond repute
To add:

If you own a GT2 and have the Europipe you will fail. The only reason (including myself) we pass here in CA is due to having AWD. GT2's have to hit the rollers resulting in a failure due to high emissions at low speed of travel.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:14 AM
Former Vendor
stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nikolas
I'm curious as well being in CA. I have a few questions

What does the stage 1 weigh?
Does it have 100 cell cats?
What is the piping size?
How much dinero?
The stage 1 exhaust weighs 44 Lbs.
Comes with 100 cell sport cats indeed.
It is 60mm at the outcoming pipe so you can reuse the stock tips.
3875 US dineros.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:38 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
With no load on the car, it is much easier to pass smog test in CA. I bet you can even pass with catless exhaust with a stoichiometric tune.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:58 AM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ard
I'd just get a Stage 2... (unless you get a killer deal on a used Stage1)

Otherwise you'll want the Stage 2 eventually.

If you ever want to hear a Loud on an X50, ping me when you are passing Sacto!

Thanks Ard - I may take you up on that. Do you pass with the stage 2 no problems?

Old 12-28-2010, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by stef@europipe
The stage 1 exhaust weighs 44 Lbs.
Comes with 100 cell sport cats indeed.
It is 60mm at the outcoming pipe so you can reuse the stock tips.
3875 US dineros.
Thanks Stef. I appreciate the information.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Former Vendor
stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ms4cd
To add:

If you own a GT2 and have the Europipe you will fail.
None of our CA customers with our 100 cell sport exhausts on their 996 GT3, 996 TT, 996 GT2, 997S, 997 TT, 997 GT2 have reported a smog test problem.

Thanks, Stef

Old 12-28-2010, 11:55 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Nikolas
Thanks Stef. I appreciate the information.
My pleasure Nikolas.

Cheers, Stef

Old 12-28-2010, 08:35 PM
PorscheTS will become famous soon enoughPorscheTS will become famous soon enough
Smog n Cat Delete

Question

The EP product is an A plus! Should one choose not to strive for a high grade on the Smog Test and an F with the local law enforcement, how difficult is it to delete the 100 cell Cats on an EP 2 Loud? Goal of less restriction and better sound?

TS

Old 12-28-2010, 10:27 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorscheTS
Question

The EP product is an A plus! Should one choose not to strive for a high grade on the Smog Test and an F with the local law enforcement, how difficult is it to delete the 100 cell Cats on an EP 2 Loud? Goal of less restriction and better sound?

TS
Total waste of money.

The value of the Europipe is the astonishing quality in their cats, and in the flow WITH cats. These are $1000 per cat, not $300 POS like you find on other exhausts (that start throwing codes in a few years)

You'll change the sound too, so why bother? Find a catless special for $2k and call it a day.

Plus I'll bet Stef will refuse to make one for you

A

PS Oh, but if you do buy an EP2 and want to cut off the cats, I'll buy them from you.