996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Solved My P1109!!

Old 10-13-2010, 08:26 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Solved My P1109!!

Been having this code on and off (once a week) for about 8-9 months. Finally found a boost leak about 1-2 weeks ago. The boost line had come off of the fuel pressure regulator. This was entirely concealed by the air pump. I heard it leaking during a boost leak test prior to the TX Mile.

There is alot more info in this thread...
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-problems.html

Everyone should check this line to make sure it's attached well. I would recommend wiring it on. The 997TT has a metal crimp to help hold it.

Here is a photo of my car with the loose line pulled out from under the air pump so you can see it.

Attached Images  

Last edited by MBailey; 10-13-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:50 AM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
good find

Old 10-14-2010, 04:55 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I zip tie everything....
nice work

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-14-2010, 06:15 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
good job man glad u found it now and before the mile

Old 10-14-2010, 07:52 AM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Thumbs up

Thanks for sharing!

Old 10-14-2010, 08:49 AM
TiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond repute
did you RTV at all?

Old 10-14-2010, 08:55 AM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TiALSport
did you RTV at all?
Fortunately, did not have to!!

Old 10-14-2010, 08:59 AM
TiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MBailey
Fortunately, did not have to!!
told ya

Old 10-14-2010, 09:12 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Been having this code on and off (once a week) for about 8-9 months. Finally found a boost leak about 1-2 weeks ago. The boost line had come off of the fuel pressure regulator. This was entirely concealed by the air pump. I heard it leaking during a boost leak test prior to the TX Mile.

Everyone should check this line to make sure it's attached well. I would recommend wiring it on. The 997TT has a metal crimp to help hold it.

Here is a photo of my car with the loose line pulled out from under the air pump so you can see it.
Gotta be worth at least .3 mph

Old 10-14-2010, 12:17 PM
racegate is on a distinguished road
Doesn't this mean the car would have been running very lean under boost? I'm assuming the 996TTs have standard return fuel systems.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !

Good find... I had those problems too.. I tried to super glue all the plastic lines to the rubber hoses and zip tie the rubber to the barbs. Not big on race wiring them because the wire eventually cut through the hose with its thin point of contact. The wire tie have more surface area and will not cut through the hose.. Just my .02 cents.

Most guys running big power have long ago lost the stock fuel system and vacuum lines and we easily forget these things.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by racegate
Doesn't this mean the car would have been running very lean under boost? I'm assuming the 996TTs have standard return fuel systems.
I understand the default setting for the FPR is pretty rich but not as rich as it would be if it was hooked up properly.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:30 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
I understand the default setting for the FPR is pretty rich but not as rich as it would be if it was hooked up properly.
You are right.. The boost would would raise the fuel psi in the rail as well as the vacuum lower the rail psi at idle that is the point of the sensor line. Not sure if the factory fpr is one to one but I do not think so..

Old 10-14-2010, 04:31 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Thanks for sharing

Old 04-20-2011, 02:57 PM
AlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to behold
I thought I would revive this thread. Mike, thank you in a big way. I have been working with my car since January trying to fix the problems. She diagnosed with bank one lean issues, misfire cylinder 5, and random misfires. The durometric showed dangerously lean as of yesterday under load so i was back at it looking for leaks. My next stop was the lift to pull the motor and flow test the injectors, etc...

Anyways....Mike you are a credit to this community and I for one thank you for this post.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Solved My P1109!!