996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Where is Tom Kerr??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 04:18 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Some are not bad, but it had gotten to the point where every little detail about every other car was posted here, I will admit it's gotten better here recently. But there has to be limits. This is not like a home room, this section is for posts relating to the 996 TT.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong, Tom has voiced his displeasure with as much as gone wrong here as I have. IF you were paying attention to anything other than 60-130.

Since you're speaking as a fellow 6speed member, I thought we were past you trying to suggest things to me....... Please show me where my complaining is constant then we'll talk.

Go ahead, I'll wait.....

You are the one responsible for turning this into Supraforums, Drag Race, 60-130, standing mile of the world section. Probably one of the biggest complaints we've had here. Thanks.
heavychevy,

Sometimes you have some good points, but you and I both know they will get you no where when used in a baiting or condescending manner.

I have to disagree with you when you say Scott has "pushed" certain things. Yes, Scott has an interest in straight line performance and so do a lot of other people judging from the replies to his 1/4 mile/ 60-130 thread. There is nothing wrong with this.

The question should be how does 6speed become a place for both types to enjoy?

Any good suggestions?

Last edited by cjv; 11-26-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:18 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Before this gets ugly, I would just like to say that the decisions made on this forum by it's leaders is theirs. I don't agree with all of them, but they are their decisions. While I am sadened by the loss of input from these guys that left and their contributions, I will continue to use this forum for all of my 996tt questions. I have no intention of contributing any further to this thread unless it is for helpful input to the moderators. I feel as though emotional and argumentative posts are not going to get this forum where it needs to be in the interests of the enthusiasts. Just my .02.

Old 11-26-2010, 04:30 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
I love to track and I respect those who do so immensely. Probably takes more skill than anything else in motorsports. I still love to take my car through some big sweepers by my house and the time I spent on a road course has improved my driving a lot.

However, I disagree with the assessment that the 996TT is not a good platform for straight line racing. Maybe not for the 1/4 mile, but for roll ons, 60-130, 40-160 it is actually superior since the rear engine allows for much better traction than say a Vipe, Supra, or Corvette.
Dr_jitsu,

I believe we both agree the 996tt/GT2 isn't an ideal 1/4 mile platform.

The "roll ons" definitely show promise and possible superiority. The question remains where can these type of contests safely take place on a consistent basis? The answer is obvious ........ Mexico. and here lies the problem.

Last edited by cjv; 11-26-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:50 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
My suggestion is to not be so concerned with vendors getting their feelings hurt. The folowing suggestions are not accusations towards this forum in particular. When somebody has bad experiences with products, the forum is where they should be discussed. This is not for vendor bashing. This is so if the issue is common, the other's who have experienced it can guide them on what to do. Then if the vendor isn't helping them out, you can let others know what they are getting into before they purchase from them. When a vendor/sponsor makes a product that is crap, that product should be reported here. Even if they are a sponsor. The 996TT scene is too small to have somebopdy selling crap parts that don't last or don't work. It may hurt sponsor cash flow towards the forum, but it helps the enthusiast in the long run. Plus, you shouldn't want a sponsor that makes crap representing a forum in the first place.

My other suggestion is to do with deleted posts. If somebody is being a dick, let them. It let's other people know what type of person they are dealing with. When they cross the line, threaten to ban them. If it gets worse, ban them. I see posts get deleted for silly reasons IMHO. I have not had any bad experiences with the mods, but I read alot of discontent towards them. I don't post as much as I read here, but I have been reading here for several years. In this time I have seen this forum go from very helpful to much less helpful. The change appears to be proportional to the number of posts against the moderators. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where the failures on this forum are happening. Regardless of if the mods did anything wrong or not, the issues need to be ironed out and members get on the same page for this forum to thrive.

Old 11-26-2010, 05:42 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
I know how to get Tom back on this forum...

Hey Tom is it true you don't race in a Porsche anymore?

Attached Images  
Old 11-26-2010, 05:42 PM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
I'm waiting for a vendor post dropped in here showcasing some hi-flo carbon airbox or 22 inch "track wheels" to really bring the point home.

please guys - hook it up...keep it real

Old 11-26-2010, 06:48 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I quickly checked his past posts, and didn't see anything glaring me in the face. But yes, you're definitely correct that I care more about a fast 60-130 time than the completely inconsequential time that you ran around Road Atlanta last Sunday. Regardless, as far as I'm aware, Tom has never had any problems with any of the staff here. He was well liked by all of us.

I'm not 'suggesting' anything you. You've already complained about 60-130s twice in this thread alone.

I'm the one person directly responsible for getting hundreds of people on this forum interested in modifying their cars and competing in 1/4 mile events, TX mile and 60-130 events?? I must admit that's a HUGE compliment, Dez. So if you believe me to be directly responsible, thank you for pointing it out. Interestingly, this also happens to be the most popular section of the entire forum. I wonder why that is?

Anyway, if you are so unhappy here....no one is forcing you to stay.
This section was the most popular long before 60-130 threads took over. But you can keep patting yourself on the back.

Speaking of inconsequential Im sure it takes a lot more skill than driving from a roll in a straight line. Way to go, you proved you can drive in a straight line without even the difficulty of launching.

Some nerve. You shift once maybe twice, and never hit the brake, launch or turn a wheel and that's and accomplishment? Bahahaha. Thats the Paris Hilton of motorsports.

Last edited by heavychevy; 11-26-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:58 PM
KoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to behold
I am new here, so I don't know what this place USED to be like. However, I had a recent post that was erased IMMEDIATELY after I posted it, and it left a very bad taste in my mouth.

I commented in a Vivid thread about their new turbo and asked why they chose to use Agency Power parts on their build, since that company produces parts of questionable quality in the Subaru community, where I come from. I did not realize the two companies are one and the same.

Nonetheless the comment was immediately erased and I received a reprimand from the moderators.

So what I'm reading in this thread I can identify with. If this board has a history of this type of behavior from its moderators and is indeed run by the vendors (which seems apparent) then I will "switch channels" and use other forums.

Censorship sucks.

Old 11-26-2010, 07:15 PM
NathanialHale is on a distinguished road
WoW, And Well WOW...

This category went down hill over the last 12 months and people who have been here a while know it... As long as Mark and Chuck want to over-moderate it, people will leave... It's that simple... Chad, I still have your emails to me... We can make them public if you'd like... You are the reason I was banned...You contacted me, not the other way around...

Anyone who wants the continued support we contributed here, can get it on RENNTRACK! It's where the 996TT manuals can be downloaded and it's where those who know more than a little about these cars are hanging these days... It's where we aren't sensored or "edited"...

The internet was designed to share info... Anything else is "fleecing of the sheep"...

Last edited by NathanialHale; 11-27-2010 at 07:42 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:34 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by NathanialHale

And Chad, I still have your emails to me... We can make them public if you'd like... You are the reason I was banned...How about manning up and fixing it... You contacted me, not the other way around...
Mikelly
Mike,

Not only did we e-mail but we spoke on the phone for sometime. I considered you to be an asset and a source of good information. I am sorry my trying to help resulted in your ban.

Old 11-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Mike

Last edited by NathanialHale; 11-27-2010 at 07:39 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Chad, I said it before and will again... The VENDORS who complain are missing the boat. The members buy the parts that make them money. Step on enough members and guess what? They won't BUY your parts... Facts are facts... This category has taken a BIG hit... And the VENDORS and ADMINS have themselves to blame...

There are other places to go to "contribute" and "SHARE" information without the heavy hand of moderators and admins who shouldn't have the "privilage".

Mike

Originally Posted by cjv
Mike,

Not only did we e-mail but we spoke on the phone for sometime. I considered you to be an asset and a source of good information. I am sorry my trying to help resulted in your ban.

Last edited by NathanialHale; 11-27-2010 at 07:39 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:54 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
This section was the most popular long before 60-130 threads took over. But you can keep patting yourself on the back.
I was actually referring to you patting me on the back for being solely responsible for turning this into the "Drag Race, 60-130, standing mile of the world section".

Since I'm actually quite proud of the amount of member involvement in that specific thread, I say thank you again!

Speaking of inconsequential Im sure it takes a lot more skill than driving from a roll in a straight line. Way to go, you proved you can drive in a straight line without even the difficulty of launching.
I don't think it takes much skill at all to run a 60-130. Heck, does anyone?

Getting a good launch at a dragstrip in a Porsche, however, is another story.

Some nerve. You shift once maybe twice, and never hit the brake, launch or turn a wheel and that's and accomplishment? Bahahaha. Thats the Paris Hilton of motorsports.
Talk about nerve. You actually believe what you do with your cars is an accomplishment...LOL.

Let me make it easy for you to understand; nothing you do in your cars is of any significance or importance to anyone but yourself. This fact applies to me as well. The difference is, I was already aware of this....while you're apparently just now learning it.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 11-26-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:59 PM
That's why you're proud, Scott? Congrats on helping run it into the ground... When other members ask where those who contribute from a different angle have gone, you have yourself to indeed pat on the back. Maybe that GR-R in your garage will serve them well.

Well Done.

Mikelly
I was actually referring to you patting me on the back for me being solely responsible for turning this into the Drag Race, 60-130, standing mile of the world section.

Since I'm actually quite proud of what this section has become, I say thank you again!

Old 11-26-2010, 08:04 PM
KoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to behold
Let me make it easy for you to understand; nothing you do in your cars is of any significance or importance to anyone but yourself. This fact applies to me as well. The difference is, I was already aware of this....while you're apparently just now learning it.
Road racing requires vast skill, and requires balancing a high strung nervous car on edge for prolonged periods of time while dealing with high levels of adrenaline. It is a sport steeped in tradition and watched and respected the world over across all classes and races. That is significant.

Roll on racing requires a fat wallet and an empty stretch of highway... nothing more.

I think that's what the point is.

Last edited by KoalaSlim; 11-26-2010 at 08:07 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Where is Tom Kerr??