996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Where is Tom Kerr??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 08:09 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NathanialHale
That's why you're proud, Scott? Congrats on helping run it into the ground... When other members ask where those who contribute from a different angle have gone, you have yourself to indeed pat on the back. Maybe that GR-R in your garage will serve them well.

Well Done.

Mikelly
Mike,

Yep, I'm definitely proud of creating a thread that hundreds of members enjoy contributing to. It's not my fault this forum doesn't have the large "wanna-be road-racer" fan-base that you and Dez wish it had...nor do I think that maintaining a straight-line performance list is "running the forum to the ground".

As far as you, I had absolutely nothing to do with your departure. As I recall, it was you choosing to throw a 12-year old tantrum that sealed the deal.

But, blame who you want if it makes you feel better. No sweat off my back.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 11-26-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:14 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KoalaSlim
Road racing requires vast skill, and requires balancing a high strung nervous car on edge for prolonged periods of time while dealing with high levels of adrenaline. It is a sport steeped in tradition and watched and respected the world over across all classes and races. That is significant.

Roll on racing requires a fat wallet and an empty stretch of highway... nothing more.

I think that's what the point is.
Oh boy ....... the backhanded compliments never cease to amaze me.

I'm sure each camp has their reasons why they like what they like about their Porsche. Does it make one feel better to belittle what some else likes.

I guess I just don't get it.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:18 PM
NathanialHale is on a distinguished road
You'de be wrong. What road racing and road course duty prooves is how stuff works under high stress...
Road racing requires vast skill, and requires balancing a high strung nervous car on edge for prolonged periods of time while dealing with high levels of adrenaline. It is a sport steeped in tradition and watched and respected the world over across all classes and races. That is significant.

Roll on racing requires a fat wallet and an empty stretch of highway... nothing more.

Last edited by NathanialHale; 11-27-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:19 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Road racing requires vast skill, and requires balancing a high strung nervous car on edge for prolonged periods of time while dealing with high levels of adrenaline.
I do things for a living routinely that require MUCH more skill and adrenaline than road-racing does. So, I choose to drive my cars as I want.

It is a sport steeped in tradition and watched and respected the world over across all classes and races. That is significant.
If you're Walter Rohrl, that might be valid point. But you aren't. The same would apply to a drag racer if he was John Force. But none of us here are either of those guys.

I'm not sure why you are bringing up roll-on racing (since no one is talking about it)....but my point is that we are all amateurs and that no matter special you think you guys are, your weekend-warrior accomplishments at VIR don't mean any more than the accomplishments of a 19-year old kid in a modded SRT-4 at a Friday night test-n-tune.

Get over yourselves. Nothing you do in your cars, no matter how much money and time you spend doing it, or how much you talk about it online, is special to anyone but yourselves.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 11-26-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Mike

Last edited by NathanialHale; 11-27-2010 at 07:35 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:24 PM
Mike

Last edited by NathanialHale; 11-27-2010 at 07:32 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:26 PM
You'de be wrong. What road racing and road course duty prooves is how stuff works under high stress... That's the difference, and why Scott's post above proves how ignorant he is about my "12 year old tantrum", but hey, what do I know...

Much like the current "hope and change" of the Obomanation" administration, I'm sure that "Scott's" nonsensical" stupidity will prove itseld as the nonsense of the day...

WAIT FOR IT????

Yea I'm BANNED!
Mike - I have no problem talking about it with you, but if you intend on throwing 12-year old tantrums (just like before) and name-calling when you get frustrated, our conversation isn't going to be very productive.

So again, with a little self-control this time...please explain to me why creating a performance list for forum members constitutes "running the forum into the ground".

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 11-26-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:27 PM
blah...blah...blah..more nonsensical stuff...blah blah!
Are you on drugs?

Old 11-26-2010, 08:28 PM
KoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to behold
You can fish from a speedboat, but why not just buy a fishing boat?

You can speed around in a fishing boat, but why not buy a speed boat?

You can't argue about the design intent of a Porsche 911. They are designed to win races on road courses, turbo or not.

I'm not ******* Dive for straight line racing and keeping track of times etc. In fact I've found his thread with time lists informative and it's interesting to see what cars are fastest in outright acceleration.

But when it comes to sharing knowledge about car setup the road racers have a broader knowledge and understand all aspects of setting up a porsche for a variety of types of courses and road conditions. The 60 - 130 guys? A good mechanic, fat wallet, and a lead foot and you're at the top. That's all I'm saying.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:32 PM
Yea, Anyone reading above your post won't read "Blah Blah Blah more nonsensical stuff blah blah blah" until you start deleting my posts...

Mike

Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Are you on drugs?

Last edited by NathanialHale; 11-27-2010 at 07:33 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:32 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
You can fish from a speedboat, but why not just buy a fishing boat?

You can speed around in a fishing boat, but why not buy a speed boat?

You can't argue about the design intent of a Porsche 911. They are designed to win races on road courses, turbo or not.

I'm not ******* Dive for straight line racing and keeping track of times etc. In fact I've found his thread with time lists informative and it's interesting to see what cars are fastest in outright acceleration.

But when it comes to sharing knowledge about car setup the road racers have a broader knowledge and understand all aspects of setting up a porsche for a variety of types of courses and road conditions. The 60 - 130 guys? A good mechanic, fat wallet, and a lead foot and you're at the top. That's all I'm saying.
Come on KoalaSlim, you have to know the above isn't the truth.

The truth is there is a huge difference in the type of turbo's employed by the different camps.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:36 PM
Mike

Last edited by NathanialHale; 11-27-2010 at 07:34 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:39 PM
=

Of course, when it comes to setting up a car for a ROAD-COURSE, a road-course guy will know more. When it comes to setting it up for drag-racing, a drag-racer will know more. When it comes to setting it up a Jeep for Rock-crawling....yep, you guessed it, a rock-crawler will know more.

Who cares? Each is a perfectly valid way of using a vehicle. One isn't better than the other.

It is interesting how badly the internet road-racers want people to think they are somehow superior...when in reality, you guys are are all unpolished amateurs at this level. At the top levels, rally cars drivers are much more impressive anyway.

I really don't see the problem here. Road-racers should talk about road-racing in road-racing threads. Straight-line guys should talk about straight-line stuff in those threads. Why is it that the road-racers aways create this sort of drama?

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 11-26-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:40 PM
KoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to behold
It's hard not to make generalizations when talking about types of people and their intents and knowledge etc.

Anyways. I'm more interested in things like suspension tuning, shock settings, alignments, what brake pads to use, what's the best rubber etc etc etc. I find that the road racers give me that knowledge willingly.

I'll admit that I sometimes live vicariously through the TT forums and watch kill videos as well, so I appreciate the presence of BOTH CAMPS.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:41 PM
Mike

Last edited by NathanialHale; 11-27-2010 at 07:33 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Where is Tom Kerr??