996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Easiest way to replace wood dash trim strips 03 996 Turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 02:44 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
I'll send them one tonight as well!

Old 12-16-2010, 09:43 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
I just sent my message to them. Hope others do as well!

Old 12-17-2010, 06:12 AM
AskDrTodd is on a distinguished road
ooh tell me how (linky?) and consider it done.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:48 AM
Originally Posted by krpt176
So I called the PNA Customer service people and asked to speak to someone regarding a complaint. Their response was to email in writing the problem so they can begin an inquiry regarding the problem.
The email address is info@porschecars.com
Along with the cmplaint they need proof of ownership (Registration), The vehicle VIN number and the mileage and year of the vehicle.
I will do this today when I get home.
I'm not sure if it will amount to anything but if everyone chimes in who knows, maybe they will help out.
Here ya go

Old 12-17-2010, 01:57 PM
krpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to behold
Sent mine as well.
I appreciate everyone's solidarity. Hopefully we will get somewhere.
This is why I love this website!

Old 12-17-2010, 04:54 PM
Response to mine:

Dear Mr. Rainey,

Thank you for contacting Porsche Cars North America and providing us with
an opportunity to service you. To better handle your inquiry, please
contact the Porsche Contact Center at 1-800-Porsche option 3.

Please be advised in order to complete the ownership update in our database
we would need to have the vehicle purchase date and location. I have placed
this request in pending status until information is received. Please refer
to case #xxxxxx in all correspondence.

We are available between the hours of 8:30am and 8:30pm EST and will be
happy to handle your request.

Kind regards,

Marianne Priess
The Porsche Contact Center
1-800-PORSCHE
(1-800-767-7243)

Old 12-18-2010, 01:23 PM
krpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by raineycd
Response to mine:

Dear Mr. Rainey,

Thank you for contacting Porsche Cars North America and providing us with
an opportunity to service you. To better handle your inquiry, please
contact the Porsche Contact Center at 1-800-Porsche option 3.

Please be advised in order to complete the ownership update in our database
we would need to have the vehicle purchase date and location. I have placed
this request in pending status until information is received. Please refer
to case #xxxxxx in all correspondence.

We are available between the hours of 8:30am and 8:30pm EST and will be
happy to handle your request.

Kind regards,

Marianne Priess
The Porsche Contact Center
1-800-PORSCHE
(1-800-767-7243)
Yep I received the same automated response....waiting to hear once they process it all...keeping my fingers crossed

Old 12-18-2010, 01:26 PM
RickyN F355 will become famous soon enoughRickyN F355 will become famous soon enough
my 03 came with CF package and those same pieces have peeled up...ive ripped them out and just going to have my interior leather guy cover in leather...$1,000.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:47 AM
L8TER is on a distinguished road
Mine too

I too have an 03 Carrera cabriolet, with the dark wood interior package. The steering wheel has two "stress" cracks and the pieces on the dash under the windshield have cracked and popped up like the other member's photo. The dealer wanted $1,700 to repair as they said they have to replace the whole dash. I called and wrote to porsche and all they would do is send me a $500 dealer credit. Big deal. Where can I find someone who can fabricate these two trim pieces? I'll live with the steering wheel. Also, is there an easy way to remove the old pieces?

Old 10-19-2011, 01:28 PM
NBTBRV8 is just really niceNBTBRV8 is just really niceNBTBRV8 is just really niceNBTBRV8 is just really niceNBTBRV8 is just really nice
Originally Posted by L8TER
I too have an 03 Carrera cabriolet, with the dark wood interior package. The steering wheel has two "stress" cracks and the pieces on the dash under the windshield have cracked and popped up like the other member's photo. The dealer wanted $1,700 to repair as they said they have to replace the whole dash. I called and wrote to porsche and all they would do is send me a $500 dealer credit. Big deal. Where can I find someone who can fabricate these two trim pieces? I'll live with the steering wheel. Also, is there an easy way to remove the old pieces?
You guys are just talking about the wood strip stuck to your demister vent, yes? I recently replaced my standard plastic ones with leather and you don't have to remove the complete dash at all.
1) Remove the rear C pillar trim
2) Remove the B pillar trim
3) Remove the A pillar trim
4) Remove the GPS/Alarm cover
5) Remove the GPS trimble
6) Undo the screws under the trimble
7) Remove the side vents
8) From the centre pry up the vents

That's it. Try getting a price from them from Sonnen on www.porscheoemparts.com

Old 10-19-2011, 03:58 PM
L8TER is on a distinguished road
i dont have a turbo. the wood trim is located on top of the dash and runs from the corner of the windshield to the center (one on the drivers side and one on the passenger side) and narrows to about an inch wide. there was a picture someone posted of his trim cracking and popping up and it is the same strip

Old 10-20-2011, 12:33 AM
NBTBRV8 is just really niceNBTBRV8 is just really niceNBTBRV8 is just really niceNBTBRV8 is just really niceNBTBRV8 is just really nice
Originally Posted by L8TER
i dont have a turbo. the wood trim is located on top of the dash and runs from the corner of the windshield to the center (one on the drivers side and one on the passenger side) and narrows to about an inch wide. there was a picture someone posted of his trim cracking and popping up and it is the same strip
Yes that is right. It is part of the defroster trim and is replaced as per my instructions above.

You have to expect this to crack. It is a natural product that expands and contracts at a different rate to the material it is stuck too. Plus it will fade badly too over time. You've got a near 10 year old car and this would be wear and tear.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:54 AM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
If this think this is a major warranty PIA, count your blessing you didn't get a early 90's SC/Carrera with the leather dash and window visor option. The parts we so problematic that PCNA discontinued them and would only do warranty work with non-leather parts with no refund of the price your paid for these options.

Old 02-09-2015, 05:18 AM
jimmy k is a jewel in the roughjimmy k is a jewel in the roughjimmy k is a jewel in the roughjimmy k is a jewel in the rough
Did anyone get any answers from PNA North America? I have the dark wood and it is cracking/warping everywhere. What's the best looking/most affordable replacement option?

Old 02-18-2015, 06:24 PM
914rrr has much to be proud of914rrr has much to be proud of914rrr has much to be proud of914rrr has much to be proud of914rrr has much to be proud of914rrr has much to be proud of914rrr has much to be proud of914rrr has much to be proud of914rrr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jimmy k
Did anyone get any answers from PNA North America? I have the dark wood and it is cracking/warping everywhere. What's the best looking/most affordable replacement option?
Add me to the list ...dark burl wood on mine. My idea is to purchase new or used plastic trim pieces and have them printed with hydrograhics to match. Vendors I've talked to swear they can do an exact match. Dealer I bought my TT from replaced the door pocket lids and center console with black alcantera ... looks pretty good.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Easiest way to replace wood dash trim strips 03 996 Turbo?