996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT2 Clutch/Slave conversion question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 07:37 AM
tphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of light
I was thinking about installing the GT2 clutch/slave conversion as well, does it make the engagement more linear as well? Does it engage the clutch lower?

Because right now the clutch is high and also very "pointy", it engages in one small spot completely.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:56 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Interested in this thread as well...subscribed. Does this mod also make the clutch less stiff when you depress it to turn the key and turn the car on?

Old 02-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Looking forward to hearing your impressions once the mod is done.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:18 AM
gearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond repute
my car it made the contact point lower, which is fine for me no issues there. but there is definitely a "contact" feel like it should have, much easier to drive smoother as you have way more control.
And no it will not change from being soft or hard with the car on or off as this system is not power assisted, it always feels the same, perfect

Old 02-09-2011, 05:23 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
What's the total cost for this conversion again?

Old 02-09-2011, 11:35 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sunir
Interested in this thread as well...subscribed. Does this mod also make the clutch less stiff when you depress it to turn the key and turn the car on?
If your stock clutch is stiff prior to start up than your clutch accumulator is bad and does not hold pressure.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:44 AM
gearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond repute
I wrote a really long thread on this.
Search
Built and installed my own gt2 conversion with instructions
Has all the info you will need.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:55 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnselli
If your stock clutch is stiff prior to start up than your clutch accumulator is bad and does not hold pressure.
john thanks for the info bud...how would I go about getting this resolved...OR should I do the Gt2 clutch/slave converstion which if that will kill two bird with one stone so to speak

Old 02-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Turbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really nice
After being tuned by Tony @EPL my second clutch which was a sachs stage 2 would not hold. ( kudos to Tony ) .
Anyway I had ClucthMasters rework it. then it held but was very tricky to drive.
Then the accumulator went bad. So my tech did the conversion for 5 hrs labor plus parts. ( he charges $75 ph ) I used oem parts and cnc bracket from Don Green

Result is a fantastic feel very drivable now . Great Mod you wont be disappointed.
Elliot

Old 02-09-2011, 09:01 PM
kwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud of
To all those asking how it feels with the mod, I am still waiting to get the car back, I will be sure to update once I have it back and get a chance to drive it: )

Justin

Old 02-09-2011, 10:04 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
john thanks for the info bud...how would I go about getting this resolved...OR should I do the Gt2 clutch/slave converstion which if that will kill two bird with one stone so to speak
I'm not sure how much the gt2 conversion costs since there are several kits out there but ballpark parts ($700-$1200) plus labor ($500-$800). To replace your faulty accumulator is about $130 parts and $150-$250 labor.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:41 PM
tphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah the price is a little steep @$1000 only for parts... I'm waiting for comments to hear if the change is worth the $$$.
Right now my only complaint to the OEM clutch setup is that the engagement is not linear at all, just everything in one shot pretty much. And clutch is high.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:00 AM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
This mod is worth every penny, and made my silly hard to launch stage 4 clutch a dreamy sexy joy. really.

Tom

Old 02-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by johnselli
I'm not sure how much the gt2 conversion costs since there are several kits out there but ballpark parts ($700-$1200) plus labor ($500-$800). To replace your faulty accumulator is about $130 parts and $150-$250 labor.
so looks like these are 2 seperate jobs altogether...would it be wise (perhaps to save on duplicate/overlapping labor) to get both of these items done at the same workshop visit?

Old 02-10-2011, 11:15 AM
so looks like these are 2 seperate jobs altogether...would it be wise (perhaps to save on duplicate/overlapping labor) to get both of these items done at the same workshop visit?
If you do the GT2 conversion than the accumulator is no longer used as it is removed.....I you are considering going this route then talk to a local shop that is familiar with doing the GT2 conversion and see what they quote you. Anyone know if an authorized Porsche dealership can do the GT2 conversion? Is this something that they are willing to do since it's not exactly "by the book"?

Last edited by pwdrhound; 02-10-2011 at 11:18 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 Clutch/Slave conversion question