996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Kinesis F110 wheels cracked! A must see!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 03:01 PM
GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !
Man learning lesson for all of us, sorry you have to go through this!!! Wheel dymamics better get kicked off this forum and pay up!!

Old 03-21-2011, 03:06 PM
emadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond repute
These wheels has to be really crappy if they broke in the first place. Unless they took a SERIOUS hit. And I mean really seriously...the only broken alloy wheels I've seen were damaged on the track by race cars hitting walls or metal "bumps" inside the corners at 200kmh.

Then, if you take into account the incredibly good quality of the tarmac out there in the US, I'm shocked...
They would've last a couple days here where I live lol..

Old 03-21-2011, 03:15 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Wheel Dynamics? Hello? Do you guys hear crickets too.....

Old 03-21-2011, 03:19 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
the member that sold these wheels, knowing there was a problem, has had all his classifieds closed and has been barred from the marketplace...please do not make physical threats toward that member or toward the vendor that originally sold the wheels to the seller

Old 03-21-2011, 03:24 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
the member that sold these wheels, knowing there was a problem, has had all his classifieds closed and has been barred from the marketplace...please do not make physical threats toward that member or toward the vendor that originally sold the wheels to the seller

Was this due to this thread Chuck or did this happen previously?

Old 03-21-2011, 03:29 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
I did it yesterday as soon as I was notified of what took place by the original poster of this thread

Old 03-21-2011, 03:33 PM
Thanks Chuck. Sorry to hear Don. Good Luck whichever direction you go!!!

Old 03-21-2011, 03:56 PM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ice350
This may be an aberration but 2 things I won't do as a result of this fiasco:
1. Buy Kineses wheels. They did crack in the first place. High end wheels shouldn't do that. I keep telling people that forged wheels are light for a reason, the are less dense than cast and less able to take a pounding from daily use. People who buy them should drive more carefully than they would with cast wheels. With that said, this particular wheel apparently is weaker than most forged wheels. WHo knows, can't take any chances. Too much cash for that.
2. Buy from Wheel Dynamics. No way. They knowingly shipped these wheels to a consumer, risking health and possibly death. For a little money. That is just inexcusable. They will never get a dime from me, ever.

The seller of these wheels says he can't refund. I would sue his butt. This site should revoke his account.
Ahem! Forged wheels are NOT less dense than cast wheels and are certainly not less durable or less able to take a "pounding". There is absolutely no science to support your opinion.
HOWEVER Forged aluminum does require special handling and special engineering. Forged alloys like 6061 are all heat treated for strength. For example 6061/0, with no heat treat has a nominal tensile strength of about 18,000 psi. 6061/T6 has a tensile strength of 48,000 psi.
You can see that if the heat treat is wrong, or if someone exposes the wheel to excess heat during refinishing, welding (HORRORS) or the like, the material will anneal (soften) and will crack from fatigue very quickly.
I make many posts on this forum regarding the repair and/or refinishing of forged wheels. If your vendor is not an absolute expert with forged alloys, he will very likely return your wheels to you far less strong than when you sent them in.
My recommendation is simple. Send the wheels back to the original manufacturer. It's the only way to be sure that your wheels are safe.
BTW, same goes for cast wheels. Heat and harsh stripping chemicals are not good for them either.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:05 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !

But what about the paying 6speed vendor who sold these wheels to the member? Didn't THEY do the repair?

Saying they 'disclosed' the repair, when in actual fact the wheels are 'unrepairable' seems to be no better than being silent.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Gentlemen,

I’d like to say to those who were nice enough to call me in private this morning to inform me of this situation “Thank you”, there are those out there who are not easily lead on by peers or pressure by peers.

I’m also surprised that by now I have yet still to be contacted by 6-spd or any of the moderators even after speaking to every person involved in this matter. I’ve spoken with a member Internet Brands to ensure that this thread would receive some attention needed.

Wheel Dynamics did take a set of wheels in for trade-in as we have almost every week we’ve been in business, if you will take the time to search through the net we have never been publicly “slandered” on any on-line forum. We take pride in offering our service and selection, most of you who have dealt with us in the past can contest to. We have worked on wheels from your 930 though the Carrera GT and we have made repairs that Porsche owners have come to respect.

Because of a miscommunication between a previous customer of ours and a buyer of his (I’m still not clear what was conveyed between that transaction), Wheel Dynamics was thrown under the bus, I assume because we have the most to lose. It’s not about who’s right or wrong at this point it’s about a group of you who have not got the story from both sides.

1. We NEVER received a call or E-mail from the thread-starter prior to this thread being posted.
2. We “in good faith” extended a “repair warranty” to Joe to his new customer as a favor for materials or workmanship which is still in effect.

We were never given the opportunity to speak with the seller and new buyer of these wheels to see if we could possibly assist in the rectification of a deal gone south between two private parties. Instead the new buyer chose to air out his grievances here on an open forum without the courtesy of a PM. This morning I spoke with the new owner and I did tell him that I was disappointed in him airing the situation on a public forum without offering us the opportunity to respond. While many here wish to be the cop, judge and jury well I’ve got to say I am a little disappointed given the number of people I know here. I did go through each post and noted that none of those who have purchased or had dealings with us have posted replies and to those I can respect. I can also respect those who were neutral by understanding the situation rather than some who may have point fingers without a complete story. There have also been threats made and reputation points handed out on a public forum just by hearing one side of a story, amazing…..

I had refrained from posting up until this point since I felt it was past the mob mentality by the time I viewed this thread but since the moderators have not put a stop to it I feel it is the only thing I can do besides printing up each post as it is written by the community.

I want to thank those who have chosen to remain silent out of respect for a business who has been a part of the Porsche community for over 10-years.

I will be happy to share with the community once we have been given the proper opportunity to help out.

-Eli

Last edited by Wheel Dynamics; 03-21-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:58 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
It would help if the history was known. When were the wheels sold? How many times were they resold? When was the damage first done? Who repaired the wheels and who sold them after they were repaired? Did the repairs carry a warranty?

Based on past issues like this, the sooner answers arrive and the sooner the responsible party takes responsibility ......... the sooner reputations can be saved or absolved of wrong doing.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:34 PM
TekNiC3 will become famous soon enoughTekNiC3 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Wheel Dynamics
1. We NEVER received a call or E-mail from the thread-starter prior to this thread being posted.
2. We “in good faith” extended a “repair warranty” to Joe to his new customer as a favor for materials or workmanship which is still in effect.
When you took these wheels on "trade", did you have knowlegdge of the sheared spoke(s)?

Old 03-21-2011, 06:46 PM
Steamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Wheel Dynamics
Gentlemen,

I’d like to say to those who were nice enough to call me in private this morning to inform me of this situation “Thank you”, there are those out there who are not easily lead on by peers or pressure by peers.

I’m also surprised that by now I have yet still to be contacted by 6-spd or any of the moderators even after speaking to every person involved in this matter. I’ve spoken with a member Internet Brands to ensure that this thread would receive some attention needed.

Wheel Dynamics did take a set of wheels in for trade-in as we have almost every week we’ve been in business, if you will take the time to search through the net we have never been publicly “slandered” on any on-line forum. We take pride in offering our service and selection, most of you who have dealt with us in the past can contest to. We have worked on wheels from your 930 though the Carrera GT and we have made repairs that Porsche owners have come to respect.

Because of a miscommunication between a previous customer of ours and a buyer of his (I’m still not clear what was conveyed between that transaction), Wheel Dynamics was thrown under the bus, I assume because we have the most to lose. It’s not about who’s right or wrong at this point it’s about a group of you who have not got the story from both sides.

We were never given the opportunity to speak with the seller and new buyer of these wheels to see if we could possibly assist in the rectification of a deal gone south between two private parties. Instead the new buyer chose to air out his grievances here on an open forum without the courtesy of a PM. This morning I spoke with the new owner and I did tell him that I was disappointed in him airing the situation on a public forum without offering us the opportunity to respond. While many here wish to be the cop, judge and jury well I’ve got to say I am a little disappointed given the number of people I know here. I did go through each post and noted that none of those who have purchased or had dealings with us have posted replies and to those I can respect. I can also respect those who were neutral by understanding the situation rather than some who may have point fingers without a complete story. There have also been threats made and reputation points handed out on a public forum just by hearing one side of a story, amazing…..

I had refrained from posting up until this point since I felt it was past the mob mentality by the time I viewed this thread but since the moderators have not put a stop to it I feel it is the only thing I can do besides printing up each post as it is written by the community.

I want to thank those who have chosen to remain silent out of respect for a business who has been a part of the Porsche community for over 10-years.

I will be happy to share with the community once we have been given the proper opportunity to help out.

-Eli
Perhaps I'm missing the point but it seems to me that this is not about rectifying a situation gone bad; rather, it's about a situation that should never have happened. An accident, or much worse, could have occurred. Unless unreported evidence suggests otherwise, these wheels should never have been put back onto the market.

If WD let these "repaired" wheels out of their shop, as seems to be the case, I don't think the story goes beyond that. Absent some missing explanation, significant mea culpa's, financial restitution and a look-back through the records to see who else may be driving around on this crap, I think that if this thread goes viral on the internet, the WD guys are screwed.

I have no personal interest in this case (except that I drive a Porsche) but in my business experience, if your the company in question you either get out in front of this or you're hosed. If you Effed up, admit it and go the extra yard to calm people down. If you didn't make a very bad business decision, then a comprehensive statement is in order. This, "we would fix it if we only knew" will satisfy no one. Sorry and good luck. I suspect WD is a good company that has gotten caught up in some bad stuff. Hope it works out.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:28 PM
Administrator
I have been assured that the members and vendor involved are working toward a solution for all..I will report back the results...thread closed for now

update...Wednesday morning 10:50am PDST

unfortunately, the parties involved have not been able to come to a resolution...you should all be aware that Eli of Wheel Dynamics made a generous offer to Don, considering he was not the seller in this matter, of 2/3 store credit. Unfortunately, this was not acceptable to Don and the seller in this matter Joe, would not make up any difference. There are two issues to be considered here:

1) A member of 6speed finding himself with a broken wheel that he bought knowing it had been repaired and finding that he could not come to a resolution with the vendor who originally repaired the wheel decided just to pass the problem on to another 6speed member not considering that he was putting that members life and property in jeopardy. To me, it would seem that the focus of members anger should be directed at this member that just passed the problem on rather than deal with WD.

2) the issue of a sponsor of 6speed selling "repaired" wheels on the board. Ordinarily we would consider repaired to mean something cosmetic not structural. I like most of you, are not that knowledgable of wheel metalurgies and whether they can be repaired structurally or not...I can say that I personally would never put a structurally repaired wheel on my car...I am so **** I even carefully inspect brand new BBS wheels when I receive them and every time I have them off of the car...but that is me...if you look at some of the cosmetic repairs that WD and FFW have done you can see they do excellent work and know a hell of a lot more about wheels than most of us. I'm not sure any of us can say they acted inappropriately, each member will have to decide this for themselves. In my mind, it would have been helpful if they had refused to repair the same wheel a second time.

thread reopened for discussion...if you would like this thread to remain open please be respectful of all parties involved, post only facts and not rhetoric and if you are another vendor don't use this as an opportunity to knock another vendor

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 03-23-2011 at 12:16 PM. Reason: add info and reopen thread
Old 03-23-2011, 01:11 PM
Banned
mrdeezy is just really nicemrdeezy is just really nicemrdeezy is just really nicemrdeezy is just really nicemrdeezy is just really nice
My name is Joe (mrdeezy),
This is my story
I sold Don the wheels.I admit I made a mistake,an error in judgment.He knew that they were being worked on by Wheel Dynamics.
Although i did not admit to the extend to what they were worked on.I made 100% sure that Don had a transferable warranty on the wheels being sold.
This whole thing has been a nightmare for me my car was on blocks for 6 weeks and a lost over a thousand dollars on this.
It has been terrible for Don as well.
I did not pursue anything against Wheel Dynamics because throughout my online investigation I could not find any evidence of him doing anything
wrong to anyone else.(besides some terrible yelp.com reviews)Wheel Dynamics screened out all of my phone calls,they were rude or hung up on me when i finally got a hold of them.(in the e-mail below they actually request that i don't call them)
I told them i knew the history of the wheels which they didn't seem to care,or expedite the repair.Also the repair specialist Elvis told me over the phone that wheel actually sheared in a different place from when KATO had owned them.
I had already bought wheels because i could not have my car on blocks any longer.I did not trust Wheel Dynamics to do a consignment at that point.Nor was i interested in any of their other wheels.
Or doing business with them ever again.

This is the info i sent to Don,to facilitate him getting a credit and or refund:

Don,
here is the info i have from the wheels.
Kato with the wheel originally sheared rear wheel
Kato is 50 miles from WD BTW
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...entercaps.html
trying to source another
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-my-996tt.html
coincidence kato refers guy to wd for f110's
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...els-996tt.html
somehow Kato ends up with a credit for 808 wheels afterwards?
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...gs-c-caps.html

too gt3 chuck
\
Re: wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdeezy
Quote:
if you would, I would like to hear your side of the story as to how it came about that you sold a set of wheels to another member that could have cost him his life...this is a very serious matter and I hope you will respond with your side..thanks, chuck
Here is a lot of the story.
I purchased these wheels from Wheel Dynamics in November.They were sold to me with warranty used wheels refinished.
I drove the car about 300 miles and two of the spokes on the wheels sheared.
I sent them back to wheel dynamics in december.They told me they would return the wheels good as new to me in two weeks.After 6 weeks they were non responsive hung up on me refused to take the wheels back after i offered to pay a 25 % restocking fee, because my car was on jackstands for over a month and my HOA was going nuts.I even emailed you about this problem(although i was very vague).Before they quickly told me they were ready to go.I did some research on Wheel dynamics and they bought these wheels sheared from member KATO for around 500 dollars.Read his old FS posts.Same color size he is 60 miles from them etc...Then on WTB ad KATO himself refered the poster to ELi at wheel dynamics.Then all of the sudden had a credit for avante gaurde wheels.Anyways i tried to work it out with your forum sponser.I told him i knew the history for which he didnt care.They told me the wheels are warranted and stregnth tested.I called 5 wheel repair shops and the company that now owns kinesis and no one would touch the wheel.
I accept responsibility but it is Eli at Wheel dynamics who made this situtation happen.I am a private citizen.I made a mistake,but he showed no ethics whatsoever as a business owner.I have saved all of my emails with him and can show you exactly how it went down if you'd like.I lost well over a thousand bucks on this deal.I was put in a situation where i was just stuck with the wheel.
He told me they were strength tested what else was i supposed to do?
I know this response is all over the place but if you have any questions let me know.Or if you want to ban me i understand.
The proof is in the posts. KATO and Wheel Dynamics
Thanks,
Joe
Joe, I don't want to ban you...it sounds to me like you were a victim as well...I appreciate your response...because there is a dispute I had to lock your threads in the marketplace and restrict your access TEMPORARILY...I am encouraged by your response and will restore your status as quickly as I can..thanks, chuck
Re: wheels

Thanks Chuck,
Again i apologize,i appreciate your efforts to keep us on the board safe.Don is a nice guy and i would be mad , if i were in his shoes also.I offered to send him all of the information i have on it,because i considered litigation against Eli i saved a lot of the info.I had to buy new wheels because he didnt seem to care when mine got back to me.Once he finally finished the kinesis.I had no use for them.The worse part is the wheel actually was repaired in a different spot then when kato first sheared them.I found that disturbing. In my email correspondence with Eli he said he would finally give a credit if they were to shear again. I told Don this also.
I hope it gets resolved and would like to do anything i can to help.
Again,i accept that i am partially at fault here.
Here is some of the email correspondence from him and I.a lot of them he just ignored.
The reason why I appear so cordial and compliant with him is that i honestly believed he was going to just throw the wheel away and pretend i didnt exist.I changed my credit card number after this transaction,because i think so low of him.
Sent: Monday, December 27, 2010 2:27 PM
To: info@wheeldynamics.com
Subject: kinesis

Here is the clear coat peeling off of the front wheel.
Thanks!
Joe

Forward

|

Joe
to info
show details 12/27/10 (8 days ago)

Here is a zip file with all the pictures i have.
Thanks again
Joe

- Show quoted text -

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Eli Sesma ‪<info@wheeldynamics.com>‬ wrote:
The photo is stretched, can you please send a regular, it’s kinda hard to see…

Thanks,

-Eli

Sent: Monday, December 27, 2010 2:27 PM
To: info@wheeldynamics.com
Subject: kinesis

Here is the clear coat peeling off of the front wheel.
Thanks!
Joe

kenisis.zip
7236K Download

Forward

|

Eli
to me
show details 12/29/10 (6 days ago)

Hi there Joe,

Sorry I haven’t followed up with you, busy day… Orders from Japan, and just a bunch of back end work, customer project work on cars etc. it is year end and still busy…..

I can work some sort of trade-in credit on the wheels with you if you are interested in something else, we can certainly do something there but I need some in-put on something maybe we currently offer, I have some wheels you might be interested in if you want to see them you can view them here: http://www.wheeldynamics.net/HRE_843R.jpg

If you are interested in this set please keep in mind these are 20” and are an extreme fit with 9” fronts and 12” rears….

Let me know, if this is of any interest to you, I have two NEW set in-stock… please if you could, communicate with me over the net, we are super short on staff today so I’ll be actually doing installs as needed. I will have limited phone time today and Thur.

-Eli

Joe
to info

Hey Eli,
Thanks for the email.I was starting to get worried there.
I looked at those HRE wheels.They seem a bit to extreme for me.I put new tires on the Kinesis wheels,and i would not want to have to toss them.
I can understand wanting to do a trade in on them instead of partial refund,which i prefer.I might just have to get the wheels fixed and sell them myself.
Can you tell me how the progress is for the broken Kinesis wheel?Its been about two weeks now.Also how long do you feel it would take to fix the peeling clear coat
on the front wheel?I am getting very nervous about this because the Porsche is sitting on a jack and the HOA is already giving me problems.Then having to go through
it again with the front wheel and have to pay shipping back and forth again.I would rather just go in a different direction.
Can you tell me what you guys want to do?
Do you want me to send you the the front wheel?
or do you want to get give me a refund -10% and i will just bring up the other three wheels?

I am seriously willing to take a loss on this and not complain or be upset about it.
Even though any paying customer in their right mind would want there money back in full.
After having a forged wheel fracture in two places after driving 30 miles,and having the clear coat
come off the other wheel after 40 days ownership and 200 miles of driving.
Please work with me on this, i would really like to get this put behind me and you asap.
Thanks!
Joe
- Show quoted text -

Eli Sesma
to me

Joe,

We are running at ½ staff right now with the holidays and it’s just been a nightmare keeping up…. We can certainly make corrections to these wheels, I’d prefer to go in the direction of making all of the necessary corrections per our agreement or I can offer you a trade-in with value applied.

We can certainly refinish them again in order that they can be sold, or we can consign them and once we sell them we can issue you a refund based on the sale. This way you get a buyer directly through us instead of taking a loss on the wheels.

-Eli

Joe
to info

Eli,
I appreciate the response,and i totally understand giving store credit.
I am ok with that and just looking at when i can get my car moved,
with or without the kinesis wheels.
Can you honestly tell me when the wheel that is being refinished now will be shipped?
You received it 12/17.
Thanks,
Joe
- Show quoted text -

Forward

|

Eli Sesma
to Haidee, me

I will have my cousin who works for me give me status update tomorrow when he comes from our work shop. Elvis who usually updates me is off till Jan 3, 2010 so my cousin is filling in for the time being.

-Eli

cc. Haidee, please remind Jason in the AM to get a status update so I can offer Joe a solid answer on ship times.

Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 4:48 PM

to info
show details 4:23 PM (20 hours ago)

Hello Eli,
I was told by Elvis today that the wheel would not be read till the following week.
That would leave me without a car for a full month.With the front wheel needing a refinish also,
it would further extend my time off the road.
I had heard today from Elvis and from research on the forum that this wheel had sheared in the same place
on the rear wheel previously when it was put on 996 turbo.This wheel sheared again after 30 miles of driving,
so its history doesn't bode well for its future.
I would really like to get this resolved this week.I am asking and now practically begging you to please make this
right.I am willing to accept 2200 out of the 2700 i paid on November 17.I am willing to take a huge loss on wheels that I have not
even put into use for 200 miles.I would take a credit but there are no
other wheels that cost as much as these.I left my house at 530 am to go pick these wheels up and it would not be
fair to have to spend that much money on a wheel that i didn't absolutely had to have.I would like to bring you the
rest of the wheels tomorrow.
Please get back to me as soon as you can with a solution
Thanks,
Joe

Forward

|

Eli Sesma
to me
show details 5:48 PM (18 hours ago)

I would like the opportunity to make the repair to the wheel as needed, should there be any issues in the future I would be happy to reconsider a turn-in. I know I did extend a 2-year warranty on the purchase and no doubt I’m honoring our agreement. During the holidays we lose more than ½ of our staff as they travel down to Mexico to be with their families for 2-5 weeks. We are just getting back into the swing of things, your wheel is scheduled to be ready to go this Friday, provided that everything goes smooth as planned.

Let’s go forward with the warranty work, we should have your wheel back in less than one week from this point. Regarding the other wheel’s clear coating, we can certainly perform the refinishing on that one much quicker as we won’t need to completely service is but only strip, polish and clear which will take around one week. Maybe you can select a time which is more convenient to you so that we can take care of that one too.

I do understand that you’d rather be driving today but we are doing our best to get you back on the road now that we have 80% of our staff back at the repair facilities now. Once again thank you for your patience,

Eli Sesma
Wheel Dynamics
www.wheeldynamics.com
Check out our custom wheel refinishing here: www.fastforwardwheels.com
Join our on-line PORSCHE chat community, it's FREE www.pcars.us

Joe
to info
show details 6:18 PM (18 hours ago)

Eli, thats fair enough.
I would like to give the wheels another chance.If this had happened after being driven for a year i would not have
said anything about a replacement.
You are honoring the 2 year warranty,there is no doubt in that.
We will go through with needed repairs as you suggested no problem.
2 questions.
Is the 2 year wheel warranty transferable?
I might need you to ship me my tire tomorrow .
Is it OK if I call you and give you a card number if i do indeed need it?
I appreciate you working with me on this.
Thanks again!

----------------
to kato:
Re: kinesis important question

Hey man,
Sorry I'm just seeing this. I have hardly been on the site and not been able to log in for quite some time. I just finally got logged back in...

Anyways, I traded those wheels a long time ago but I miss mine as they were some of the best looking wheels out IMO. I wound up buying some OZ's instead which are so/so... I'm not sure what happened to mine after that. I hope that you got everything squared away. Let me know if I can help further.

-Kato

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdeezy
Hey,
Mine name is Joe i live in San Diego.I was looking over old f110 posts.I was wondering if you sold your gunmetal kinesis back to wheel dynamics.I bought the exact same gunmetal set from them a month ago and after about 20 miles two of the rear spokes sheared for no reason.And it seems like they might have been yours.

Just curious if it was shear luck lol
or if they welded your wheel and sold it to me
thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kinesis F110 wheels cracked! A must see!