996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Kinesis F110 wheels cracked! A must see!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 01:18 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
I have been assured that the members and vendor involved are working toward a solution for all..I will report back the results...thread closed for now

update...Wednesday morning 10:50am PDST

unfortunately, the parties involved have not been able to come to a resolution...you should all be aware that Eli of Wheel Dynamics made a generous offer to Don, considering he was not the seller in this matter, of 2/3 store credit. Unfortunately, this was not acceptable to Don and the seller in this matter Joe, would not make up any difference. There are two issues to be considered here:

1) A member of 6speed finding himself with a broken wheel that he bought knowing it had been repaired and finding that he could not come to a resolution with the vendor who originally repaired the wheel decided just to pass the problem on to another 6speed member not considering that he was putting that members life and property in jeopardy. To me, it would seem that the focus of members anger should be directed at this member that just passed the problem on rather than deal with WD.

2) the issue of a sponsor of 6speed selling "repaired" wheels on the board. Ordinarily we would consider repaired to mean something cosmetic not structural. I like most of you, are not that knowledgable of wheel metalurgies and whether they can be repaired structurally or not...I can say that I personally would never put a structurally repaired wheel on my car...I am so **** I even carefully inspect brand new BBS wheels when I receive them and every time I have them off of the car...but that is me...if you look at some of the cosmetic repairs that WD and FFW have done you can see they do excellent work and know a hell of a lot more about wheels than most of us. I'm not sure any of us can say they acted inappropriately, each member will have to decide this for themselves. In my mind, it would have been helpful if they had refused to repair the same wheel a second time.

thread reopened for discussion...if you would like this thread to remain open please be respectful of all parties involved, post only facts and not rhetoric and if you are another vendor don't use this as an opportunity to knock another vendor
Thank you Chuck for re-opening this topic. I feel it is in the best interest to let everyone know of this situation so hopefully this does not happen in the future. The facts are that Wheel Dynamics purchased these wheels from a forum member for dirt cheap, they welded up the 2 broken spokes then repainted over the welds. They then sold the wheels to member (MrDeezy). After only 300 miles the wheels cracked again (in a different spot than the first time they cracked per MrDeezy. After months of going back and forth between MrDeezy and Wheel Dynamics and trying to get a refund/credit to no avail the wheels were then returned to Joe (MrDeezy) (WELDED NOW TWICE). He then put the wheels for sale here on 6speed (not starting anything about welds which he knew about) were I found them. I agreed to purchase and was sent 2 wheels right away from Joe. The other 2 wheels were shipped to me directly from Wheel Dynamics (including the damage wheel that has now been welded 2X). I called Wheel Dynamics and asked what was "re-finished" and was told they were "reinforced and the lips polished". I asked if they were welded and was told NO.

After contacting Joe (MrDeezy) he stated he had no money to refund my for the wheels and to contact Wheel Dynamics. I spoke to Eli on the phone and he told me he would think about it and get back to me. He then replied in a PM that he would offer me 2/3 credit for the wheels from my puchase price. I found this unaccepatable and asked for a refund of $2100 in which he denied. The wheels originally sold for $2800 to Joe (MrDeezy). I found my offering acceptable as this has cost me a lot more (towing bills, mounting and balancing) buying new tires for the wheels). And the fact this could have wrecked my car or caused myself or my 5 year old harm (she was in the car when I discovered the cracks). I do agree with Chuck on trying to work this out with the seller (MrDeezy) but he has simply said he is sorry and he knows he is in the wrong.

The point here is not about money. It is the fact that a forum sponsor is welding wheels like this putting people in jeopardy. How many other wheels are out there like the ones I bought from Wheel Dynamics? Is this a company that we can trust as a forum sponsor?

Last edited by dgreen78; 03-23-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
It is our professional opinion that forged aluminum wheels and centers should NEVER be repaired in any way that involves welding or heat.
In these cases, the metallurgical and mechanical properties of the alloy can be SIGNIFICANTLY compromised and the probability of a repeat failure will increase.
We are one of the world's largest suppliers of forgings to the automotive wheel industry and strongly urge that repairs only be attempted by the original company responsible for making the wheels. Otherwise, you will simply not know anything about the structural strength and integrity of the repaired wheel.
This could send you on a quick trip to the ER, or worse.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:28 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
This is an email from Joe (MrDeezy) posted with his permission:

Don,
I am following the thread you started on 6speed.My account is locked from posting so i cannot ad in any of my version of events.
Wheel dynamics was screening my calls and not answering any of them.If you read the email,Eli actually tells me not to call them anymore.I would have kept the wheels actually but they took too long to get back to me.I had to buy new ones.I was already prepared to take a big loss like I already did.I lost over a 1000 dollars total.In hindsight i would have started A thread about this like you did.I just figured they would ignore it.They actually have a good reputation on the boards.So i am pretty sure they would do whatever it took to fix it.Overall from 5cents to thousands of dollars that was the worst transaction of my life with them.I am sure your feeling that way too now.
If they say that the wheel was not welded I suggest you post these attached pictures in the thread.
I know its easy to say sorry,i really am.I took a big loss too.I think you can get a credit from them if you try.
Your gonna be better of going up against a big company with a reputation in a situation like this,instead of going after the little guy like me.
I feel like a jerk saying that but it is true.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Feel free to copy and paste anything i wrote to you in that thread.
Again sorry,
Joe

Picture of the cracks when they were on Joes car:

Name:  damagedF110.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  68.4 KB

Last edited by dgreen78; 03-23-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:35 PM
Old 03-23-2011, 02:22 PM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
The behavior of the board sponsor is totally disgusting and unacceptable. My question is IB going to look out for the community or just take the cash from another dishonest board sponsor? WB should be banned from this and every other IB site. Anything short of this and they (IB) have ZERO crediability!

So what is it going to be IB???
Sorry for your troubles Don. You are a really good guy who does not deserve this kind of treatment.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:23 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
I have watched this thread with interest. I have no interest other than seeing the truth come out and to make sure all parties are being treated fairly.

With this being said I have a question for Wheel Dynamics. Is the following post a post that relates to the wheels in question? Kinesis F-110 19" Wheels 19x11.5 & 19x8.5 If it is, I had visited this post when the issue arose and know what it contained prior to 3-21-11 @ 11:33 AM. It appears what was said about what was done (examination,repair and warranty) as well as who did the work to these wheels was edited (eliminate) at this time.

If these are not the wheels in question then I have no further question and will post no further information regarding the above post.

Last edited by cjv; 03-23-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:35 PM
Administrator
IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !
I am IB and we are looking out for all in this.
Part of this is called discovery....and out of that we will make decisions. .

If you don't have anything to contribute to this thread, then maybe walk away form the keyboard.

We are on this.

Originally Posted by Gunther
The behavior of the board sponsor is totally disgusting and unacceptable. My question is IB going to look out for the community or just take the cash from another dishonest board sponsor? WB should be banned from this and every other IB site. Anything short of this and they (IB) have ZERO crediability!

So what is it going to be IB???
Sorry for your troubles Don. You are a really good guy who does not deserve this kind of treatment.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Banned
porka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant future
Gentleman, I am not trying to add wood to the fire.

I just wan’t to see this situation get resolved.

This whole situation i can see has been extremely challenging. Joe (MrDeezy) purchases a set of wheels from Wheels Dynamics who without any discoloure sell a product not fit for purpose.

Joe finds himself in a tricky situation where he has wheels that are broken and useless, requests a refund which should have been granted.

Wheel Dynamics tries to repair the wheels on Joe’s bahalf for the 3rd time to save themselves eating the costs on a refund.

Wheel Dynamics should have offered Joe a full refund and disposed of the wheels as they were not safe.

Joe is left with an ultimatum, try to use the wheels again but risk his life using them or pass them on for sale and with that pass on the risk to the new buyer.

Joe should never have sold the wheels without disclosing that they have structurual damage nor should WD. It could then have been decided by the potential buyer to take a gamle on a set of wheels or have the opportunity to walk away before getting into this mess.

Bottom line is if i were put in this situation I could not sleep at night knowing that someones life may be at risk at my fortune.

My recommendation would be that IB take the sponsorhip fee's accumulated with regards to WD sponsorship and refund DGreen as a sign of GOOD WILL.

You might ask why should IB be responsible, well I feel that they should have a responsibiltiy to vette potential vendors before allowing them to operate on the board.

If there is a delta between refund figure and the fee’s WD have paid to date to IB to market themselves on the forum they should pay the difference, if WD are not willing to do so BAN THEM!

Bottom line is that WD did not operate in a profesional manner, had they done so Joe mrdeezy and dgreen78 would not be in this situation.

Mike

Last edited by porka; 03-23-2011 at 03:09 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:00 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Wow what an overall Fiasco ... this is such a convoluted situation on so many levels. I hope that things work out in a safe and effecient manner.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:17 PM
mpegripper is a jewel in the roughmpegripper is a jewel in the roughmpegripper is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by porka
Gentleman, I am not trying to add wood to the fire.

I just wan’t to see this situation get resolved.

This whole situation i can see has been extremely challenging. Joe (MrDeezy) purchases a set of wheels from Wheels Dynamics who without any discoloure sell a product not fit for purpose.

Joe finds himself in a tricky situation where he has wheels that are broken and useless, requests a refund which should have been granted.

Wheel Dynamics tries to repair the wheels on Joe’s bahalf for the 3rd time to save themselves eating the costs on a refund.

Wheel Dynamics should have offered Joe a full refund and disposed of the wheels as they were not safe.

Joe is left with an ultimatum, try to use the wheels again but risk his life using them or pass them on for sale and with that pass on the risk to the new buyer.

Joe should never have sold the wheels without disclosing that they have structurual damage nor should WD. It could then have been decided by the potential buyer to take a gamle on a set of wheels or have the opportunity to walk away before getting into this mess.

Bottom line is if i were put in this situation I could not sleep at night knowing that someones life may be at risk at my fortune.

My recommendation would be that IB take the sponsorhip fee's accumulated with regards to WD sponsorship and refund DGreen as a sign of GOOD WILL.

You might ask why should IB be responsible, well I feel that they should have a responsibiltiy to vette potential vendors before allowing them to operate on the board.

If there is a delta between refund figure and the fee’s WD have paid to date to IB to market themselves on the forum they should pay the difference, if WD are not willing to do so BAN THEM!

Bottom line is that WD did not operate in a profesional manner, had they done so Joe mrdeezy and dgreen78 would not be in this situation.

Mike

i personally don't agree with you on this. how is the forum suppose to know every action that a sponsor will make in the future.

businesses have also shown to go bad just before they close down (not saying WD is closing down). in the m3 world bps and bimmerfreak are great examples of this. they were both great until they were about to go out of business, then they just took money and did shady things in general.

the seller and the vendor are both at fault and they both need to make it right. how much each one is responsible will be different in everyone's mind, so i will spare saying what i believe on that front.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:20 PM
mpegripper is a jewel in the roughmpegripper is a jewel in the roughmpegripper is a jewel in the rough
it would also be nice to know if these are in fact 100% authentic wheels

Old 03-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Banned
porka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by mpegripper
i personally don't agree with you on this. how is the forum suppose to know every action that a sponsor will make in the future.

businesses have also shown to go bad just before they close down (not saying WD is closing down). in the m3 world bps and bimmerfreak are great examples of this. they were both great until they were about to go out of business, then they just took money and did shady things in general.

the seller and the vendor are both at fault and they both need to make it right. how much each one is responsible will be different in everyone's mind, so i will spare saying what i believe on that front.
I am going to stand back and not comment anymore on this thread.

I just wanted to voice my opinion in hope that this get's resolved.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
does this count as being relevant to this thread:

Posted April 19, 2010 - 08:58 AM
Would not buy from Wheel Dynamics. Their service is questionable at best. Purchased wheels for my Boxster and they put the wrong size lug nuts on one of my wheels. It's been rubbing up against the parking brake and am waiting for them to send replacements. Their response has been, how can I be p.c., laxidasical. The owner didn't have the courtesy to return my phone calls and didn't have the stones to come to the phone.
DO NOT BUY FROM THESE GUYS.
If I sound pissed off, I am.
just a quick little search.....

Old 03-23-2011, 03:44 PM
Administrator
IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !
It is a bit of that for sure. ...and safety is of big concern.
Originally Posted by sunir
Wow what an overall Fiasco ... this is such a convoluted situation on so many levels. I hope that things work out in a safe and efficient manner.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:55 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by porka
You might ask why should IB be responsible, well I feel that they should have a responsibility to vette potential vendors before allowing them to operate on the board.
Mike
Mike seriously that would be impossible to do, you can ask all the questions in the world they will tell you anything, to then go and find out if it is truthful or not is both impossible and impractical.

Do you walk in a store and find out before a buy...if they are credible...and if you search and search and ask and review, then what happens when behind the scenes, they have been cooking the books and fold up shop over night.....you and I both have seen bossiness that from the outside looked damn good and very profitable....then they are gone with NO explanation to any consumer ....

I have been here for awhile and witnessed more weird stuff happen with wheels then any where else in my life...and I am damn near 60.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kinesis F110 wheels cracked! A must see!