996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Kinesis F110 wheels cracked! A must see!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 07:56 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
OP, please list the facts as you know them. Did the person you bought them from know they had been repaired? Do you know for sure either way? If he isn't saying yes or no to that question some assumptions could be made.

If the wheel vendor did disclose the repair originally and warranted the work, the warranty may not convey to any susbsequent owners. If you're getting nowhere with the seller you need to contact the vendor.

In this thread everyone has been good enough not to mention the names of the OP or the vendor. Pretty soon the veil should be lifted.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:32 AM
dragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond repute
It's a delicate matter certainly, and I'm glad the OP or anyone else for that matter wasn't physically harmed. Hopefully the situation will be resolved amicably but at least you caught the issue before it became a tragedy.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:23 AM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
After doing some digging and talking to a few people here is some interesting info:

The wheels were originally from a members car on here. WD bought them from the member DAMAGED with 2 spokes SHEARED. They welded them up and painted them and then resold them to another member on this forum. After only 300 miles 2 spokes SHEARED AGAIN. WD would not take a return and gave him the run-around for months holding the wheels. After finally getting them back he decided to get rid of them knowing they were welded and repaired but never mentioned it in his FS ad in the classifieds.

I then purchased these wheels from this member and he shipped me 2 wheels. The other 2 wheels (including the wheel that has now been welded up 2X thus far) shipped directly to me from WD. Out of curiosity I called WD and asked specifically if they were ever welded or bent and was told NO.

After contacting the seller that I bought them from he has admitted to not telling me they were repaired and did not disclose anything about being welded up. He has told me he has no money to refund me and is sorry he did this.

Thoughts?

Last edited by dgreen78; 03-21-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Former Vendor
Fikse Wheels is on a distinguished road
Please edit your post. This has nothing to do with our wheels.

Originally Posted by dgreen78
So I am driving along the road and I hear a very odd grinding noise. I pulled over and 2 of my spokes on my Kinesis wheel are cracked all the way through the spokes! I was amazed as I thought these were bullet proof strong wheels! So I have the car flat bedded away to a near by shop. The tire guy comes back to me and says that they have been welded up recently! I just bought these a month ago from a well known forum member on here that told me they were "just re-painted because of some minor scratches." I am pretty pissed at this point for not only being f*cked over for buying welded up wheels but this could have killed myself or others on the road!!! Imagine if I was driving the car hard and it busted completely!

The seller who I will refrain from mentioning names tells me to contact the place were HE bought them from and maybe they can get me a credit or something

You can see the welds on the back side were the cracks are if you look closely.

Let me know what you guys think....

Last edited by Fikse Wheels; 03-21-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:25 AM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Some threads of interest:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...entercaps.html

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-my-996tt.html

OP is not the one who sold me the wheels and has nothing to do with this mess.

Last edited by dgreen78; 03-21-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
IMHO this has nothing to do with the wheel mfr or the company that did the repair. The member that sold you these wheels did so, knowing they were repaired and did not disclose. That member should be the one to take them back and he needs to contact the folks that did the repair.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:38 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Glad nobody was injured. Wow that is crazy. F110's are 1 of my favorite wheels for the 911tt.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by Nikolas
IMHO this has nothing to do with the wheel mfr or the company that did the repair. The member that sold you these wheels did so, knowing they were repaired and did not disclose. That member should be the one to take them back and he needs to contact the folks that did the repair.
Correct it has nothing to do with Fikse in which I have edited my original post.

Nothing to do with the the company who repaired these? Are you kidding me?

I agree, the member who I purchased them from should be refunding me and be the one who deals with the company that these were repaired/sold from. I should not be in the middle of this.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Correct it has nothing to do with Fikse in which I have edited my original post.

Nothing to do with the the company who repaired these? Are you kidding me?

I agree, the member who I purchased them from should be refunding me and be the one who deals with the company that these were repaired/sold from. I should not be in the middle of this.
Obviously the fix was poorly done or shouldn't have been done in the first place. My point was more along the line of what you should have to deal with. That should be limited to the seller giving you your money back and you sending the wheels back. The rest of the issues are their's to deal with.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:06 AM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Note to self: Never get wheels refinished by FastForward/Wheel Dynamics. Shady stuff going on here, pretty amateur business ethics.

Side Note: Seller should refund you the money since he DID know they were repaired and broken twice already and did not disclose it. He should be the one trying to get his money back from WD from whom he purchased the wheels from with a warranty. Truth is, he probably knows how difficult they are to deal with now, and would rather walk away from the whole ordeal and have you deal with them. Hopefully this thread becomes a huge PR mess for them and they settle to just make it go away.

Last edited by v35; 03-21-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:15 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
I'm appalled by this. 1st at the SELLER you bought them from and 2nd at Wheel Dynamics/FastForward for not being honest when asked if the wheels were welded. This to me has legal cause to pursue further action. You were mis-represented on the condition of the merchandise you bought. To a degree, unless the seller showed any NEGLIGENCE in not admitting when asked what the condition of the wheels were and/or if they were welded, this may be a tough battle in court. But, to me, it's WELL worth it to go after this. Did he mention in his thread the wheels were for sale "AS-IS"???

Old 03-21-2011, 11:51 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
After doing some digging and talking to a few people here is some interesting info:

The wheels were originally from a members car on here. WD bought them from the member DAMAGED with 2 spokes SHEARED. They welded them up and painted them and then resold them to another member on this forum. After only 300 miles 2 spokes SHEARED AGAIN. WD would not take a return and gave him the run-around for months holding the wheels. After finally getting them back he decided to get rid of them knowing they were welded and repaired but never mentioned it in his FS ad in the classifieds.

I then purchased these wheels from this member and he shipped me 2 wheels. The other 2 wheels (including the wheel that has now been welded up 2X thus far) shipped directly to me from WD. Out of curiosity I called WD and asked specifically if they were ever welded or bent and was told NO.

After contacting the seller that I bought them from he has admitted to not telling me they were repaired and did not disclose anything about being welded up. He has told me he has no money to refund me and is sorry he did this.

Thoughts?
Certainly says a lot about the lack of morals and what some companies and individuals will do to make a buck while putting people's lives at risk. I certainly know what I would NEVER do any business with WheelDynamics in the future since they have no qualms about putting a junk product into the hands of the consumer. I hope the owners sleep well at night. Spread the word as it travels fast in our community. I guarantee you there is no wheel manufacturer or government organization like the DOT or TUV out there that would condone a cracked set of wheels being welded up and put back on a vehicle capable of nearly 200mph.

If I were you, I would check with the wheel manufacturer to see if they can tell you in writing whether this weld "hack job" is an approved repair for their wheels. My guess is that it's not. Armed with that information in hand, I would probably seek legal recourse against WheelDynamics since they are the company that put this "unapproved" garbage into the hands of the consumer thus putting lives at risk. The problem is the fact that if you can't settle with WD or the seller and have to go the legal route, the result will most likely be a Pyrrhic victory since the legal fees will most likely exceed any settlement. Good luck and be glad you're not hurt.....

Last edited by pwdrhound; 03-21-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:57 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Wheel Dynamics has a legal responsibility here to not sell defective products. "Welded up and painted" is defective: the manufacturer would never consider this an acceptable repair. Wheel Dynamics can 'disclose' all they want, they knowingly sold a defective product and represented it as 'repaired', when in fact there is no possible 'repair'.

The unfortunate thing is that the buyer/seller between WD and the OP is being a weenie. He should be helping the OP with wheel dynamics. Afterall there is a 2 year warranty, which is not restricted to the first purchaser, and therefore should apply to the OP.

Last edited by ard; 03-21-2011 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Incorrect mention of Fiske... sorry
Old 03-21-2011, 01:02 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ard
Has Fiske dropped Wheel Dynamics as an authorized vendor yet? If they do not, then shame on them.

Wheel Dynamics has a legal responsibility here to not sell defective products. "Welded up and painted" is defective: Fiske would never consider this an acceptable repair. They can 'disclose' all they want, they knowingly sold a defective product and represented it as 'repaired', when in fact there is no possible 'repair'.

The unfortunate thing is that the buyer/seller between WD and the OP is being a weenie. He should be helping the OP with wheel dynamics. Afterall there is a 2 year warranty, which is not restricted to the first purchaser, and therefore should apply to the OP.
This has nothing to do with Fikse, these are Kinesis wheels.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:45 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
This may be an aberration but 2 things I won't do as a result of this fiasco:
1. Buy Kineses wheels. They did crack in the first place. High end wheels shouldn't do that. I keep telling people that forged wheels are light for a reason, the are less dense than cast and less able to take a pounding from daily use. People who buy them should drive more carefully than they would with cast wheels. With that said, this particular wheel apparently is weaker than most forged wheels. WHo knows, can't take any chances. Too much cash for that.
2. Buy from Wheel Dynamics. No way. They knowingly shipped these wheels to a consumer, risking health and possibly death. For a little money. That is just inexcusable. They will never get a dime from me, ever.

The seller of these wheels says he can't refund. I would sue his butt. This site should revoke his account.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 03-21-2011 at 03:16 PM. Reason: no physical threats please

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kinesis F110 wheels cracked! A must see!