996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone happy with their Reus stereo system???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 12:52 PM
nvno1 is on a distinguished road
Anyone happy with their Reus stereo system???

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...eus-audio.html
Thanks for any feedback

Old 04-12-2011, 01:46 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
no.

it's the biggest over priced scam ever. my friend who i bought the car from spent $6000+ on a Reus system. it was sub par in general, when considering the cost it was simply unacceptable. i decided to change out some of the componenets, this is where it gets good. pulled out the subwoofer enclosure from the back and the subs were cheap, the amps were weak. i was apalled that this company simply HAD my friend for so much money.

you can build a very very nice sounding system for what these people charge, that is certainly not what you get with them. you get fancy enclosures - which are nice, wiring is OK. they used very cheap and thin wire on my car.

STAY AWAY

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 04-12-2011, 03:56 PM
John in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to beholdJohn in Norcal is a splendid one to behold
My previous Turbo had the Reus system, installed by the previous owner. If you're looking for a clean, stock look, the installation job was very good. No one could tell that my car had an aftermarket system. I thought the system sounded quite good but I am not an audio expert by any means and I didn't have to pay for it. The previous owner paid quite a hefty sum for the system.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Centauro97 is a jewel in the roughCentauro97 is a jewel in the roughCentauro97 is a jewel in the roughCentauro97 is a jewel in the rough
Is this the guy: http://reusaudio.com/testimonials.html

Quoting 6speeders as happy customers.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:58 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Anything that uses the stock head unit as a starting point is not going to be that great. For what Reus charges, you could put some serious aftermarket components in. Most of the good double din unit can pass for stock and you get much better Nav system (voice command which you really need in one of these cars as you don't want to be fiddling with buttons inputing you destination while driving), simple Ipod integration, blue tooth, etc. Get a seperate multi channel amp with sub outlets, some decent speakers and you end up with a better sounding system that is easier to operate. As soon as my wife is done with this house, new tunes for the 996TT are in the works.

Old 04-30-2011, 06:21 PM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
Originally Posted by Duane996tt
Anything that uses the stock head unit as a starting point is not going to be that great. For what Reus charges, you could put some serious aftermarket components in. Most of the good double din unit can pass for stock and you get much better Nav system (voice command which you really need in one of these cars as you don't want to be fiddling with buttons inputing you destination while driving), simple Ipod integration, blue tooth, etc. Get a seperate multi channel amp with sub outlets, some decent speakers and you end up with a better sounding system that is easier to operate. As soon as my wife is done with this house, new tunes for the 996TT are in the works.
Plus one! I went with Dennis Barish Designs in LA area. He does work out in Vegas sometimes. See my for sale thread to see what he put in my car. There is a *slight* chance that I might pull it if new owner doesn't want/want to pay for high end audio. I'm sure that we could obliterate a 6k Reus system for quite a bit less, trust me. I listened to many REUS systems and then learned the truth about their components, etc... Decent systems for what they put into them but overpriced for what you get...

Old 04-30-2011, 07:21 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
I am glad I read this thread and now know not to ever mess with this Reus stereo system you speak of.

Old 05-01-2011, 11:12 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
We have several customers who are extremely picky with there cars and have been very happy with the REUS systems.

We had a system in our 997TT and we were very happy with it as well.'
Not to mention the fact that should you lease return your car they offer a program to remove the system and install in another car.. Not a bad deal and certainly not something one can do with a aftermarket head unit.

Everyone has there own opinion of what a proper audio system needs to be.

I would highly recommend you listen to each installers system and base your decision on what you like personally..

I have also worked with Denis Barish in the past and he is a great installer and knows his stuff does amazing work.. However the philosophies and approach either one of these installers is completely different. So dont base your decision on what someone says but instead find out what you personally want first and go from there.

Hope that helps.