996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

P0300 and P0301

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 12:59 PM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
P0300 and P0301

Under full boost today I threw P0300 and P0301 codes. I understand what they are and what is likely the cause.

What I don't understand is why I had a blinking CEL (with drive to nearest shop..) for about 30 seconds - 1 minutes. Then both the messages and CEL disappeared. On the way home (before I hooked up the Durametric) I wanted to see if I was in limp and if it would happen again. Nothing. Car boosted to 1.0 and feels strong as can be.

Any ideas.

TIA,
Frank

Old 05-13-2011, 01:53 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Good afternoon Frank. These fault are the most difficult one to troubleshoot. Over 10 pages each and they go from valve lift to ignition to mixture!!!! If you did not found anything wrong with Durametric may be you had a glitch of some kind, bad fuel, plug ???
Here is the answer for your flashing cel....

"If the misfire rate may lead to permanent damage to the TWC,
the Check Engine MIL flashes. If the misfire rate is no longer
reached during the first journey, the MIL goes out. If the rate is
reached during the next journey, the MIL flashes. If this misfire
rate is subsequently no longer reached, the MIL changes to a
continuous light."

TWC: catalytic converter....

0-43 page 1 of the OBDII manual.

Last edited by jpflip; 05-13-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:54 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
More likely the start of plugs giving out. I bet you got enough misfires to trigger it is all. How many miles on these plugs?

Old 05-13-2011, 04:04 PM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
JP, thanks. Just thought it was strange for the flashing CEL to just go away. Long time, hope all is well. How is Mateo?

Sharkster I have 75k on the car. Plugs were changed at 60. Flashed around 62

Last edited by fdorn; 05-13-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:25 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by fdorn
JP, thanks. Just thought it was strange for the flashing CEL to just go away. Long time, hope all is well. How is Mateo?
Hope everything is very well for you and family! Mateo is fantastic and in top shape. A very clever little kid. Are you planning another trip to the east cost this summer? Did you start your tracking season? Are you going to track with "Le professeur" Jon?

Old 05-13-2011, 07:29 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by fdorn

Sharkster I have 75k on the car. Plugs were changed at 60. Flashed around 62
I'd say plug life expectancy on modded cars is certainly around 15k so you're in range

Old 05-13-2011, 11:30 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Had the same thing. I changed coil packs and plugs at thee same time and it never caame back.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:35 AM
JP, Glad to hear all is well. Going to Duck, NC (Outer Banks) at the end of July. I think my 1st track date is mid-June (work has been interfering with my life all year). I am going to do my best to cross paths with Jon this year - someone needs to teach me how to drive.
Originally Posted by jpflip
Hope everything is very well for you and family! Mateo is fantastic and in top shape. A very clever little kid. Are you planning another trip to the east cost this summer? Did you start your tracking season? Are you going to track with "Le professeur" Jon?