996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Power Drivers Seat Not Working

Old 05-23-2011, 12:55 PM
fmilazzo is on a distinguished road
Power Drivers Seat Not Working

Hello,
I was wondering if may of messed up my power drivers seat when I disconnected the battery yesterday in an effort to reset a CEL? The passenger seat works and all the other power options. Is it possible I did something to the fuse? Just got car and still trying to figure things out... Thanks for your help!

Old 05-23-2011, 01:11 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
I've seen a couple of things:
- Obviously seat fuse
- 2nd check connector under seat.
- 3rd check that the wires under seat are not scraped/pinched - I had that happen for the seat heater, was weird until I saw how the wired had been trashed under the seat, somehow they can get jammed on occasion when the seat moves fwd and back

Good luck.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Thanks much! I will give it a try...

Old 05-24-2011, 12:49 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Why not buy the tool you need to read and reset codes and troubleshoot? Running to autozone and disconnecting the battery will work in a pinch, but is pretty ghetto....

Old 05-24-2011, 07:20 AM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Take a look at fuse E3. Note: MY is always useful....

Attached Images  
Old 05-24-2011, 09:10 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ard
Why not buy the tool you need to read and reset codes and troubleshoot? Running to autozone and disconnecting the battery will work in a pinch, but is pretty ghetto....
you can buy one at autozone for 60 bucks, everyone should own one

Old 05-28-2011, 02:56 AM
I had my car at my mechanic yesterday and were not able to fix my power seat w/o removing the seat. They said it could be a pinched wire or something to do with the wiring harness. They ran out of time so I will need to bring back next week. Anyone know how difficult this job is? Is their a part that may fail under the seat often?

Old 05-28-2011, 05:59 AM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
To remove the seat it is really easy (heavy) but you need a special socket called TRX star (see pic) and the one for the seat is the E12. All the removal instructions are in the repair manual page 1654 + https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...p-manuals.html.... The possible cause can be a pinch wire. There was a TSB # 9757 mentioning possibility of a failure (see pic)

Attached Images   

Last edited by jpflip; 05-28-2011 at 06:28 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:11 AM
pancakeman is on a distinguished road
My car had a similar problem after my short stuff wife moved the seat all the way forward and it would not budge going back to my position. I could hear it click while trying to move it back so I took a dead blow hammer to the sliding bracket while holding the button and that freed it up. You have to lube those sliders once in awhile to prevent this. Good luck.

Old 09-13-2015, 01:19 PM
996landjet has a spectacular aura about996landjet has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Hammer Time!

I had the same problem. (drivers seat stuck in the forward pos) I checked the fuses, then took the seat out and inspected all the wiring, then proceeded to take apart and check the electric motor, the switches, etc. could not find any problems. Reinstalled the seat but the switch still didn't work. All I could get was a clicking sound when I tried to move the seat backward. All other seat functions still worked fine. THEN I read "Pancakeman's" comment and figured I would try it, and sure enough it worked!! Sometimes a hammer is all you need!! Thanks for your help!