996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GIAC Flashing Question.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 03:57 PM
jaewoo0 is on a distinguished road
GIAC Flashing Question.

I currently have stage I GIAC.

and want to go to stage II GIAC. (done exhaust)

how much should I pay for GIAC Flashing?

and can I do it myself without sending my chip? and if I want to go back to stock chip, can I do it with GIAC Flashing unit? or should I send my chip again?

Old 04-08-2005, 04:04 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Did you get flashed originally or was it soldered in? You can just get the update from the older version to the newer from your local dealer I would think...

Old 04-08-2005, 04:26 PM
soldered in. so how much do you think I should pay more to get HAMMER?

Old 04-08-2005, 04:57 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
We do not charge for that upgrade.

Old 04-08-2005, 05:12 PM
wow really? but then I should've been your customer in the first place right?

I should call where I upgraded my chip?

Old 04-08-2005, 05:35 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by jaewoo0
wow really? but then I should've been your customer in the first place right?

I should call where I upgraded my chip?
Exactly call where you got it done and if they can't help you, I've personally seen Stephan's soldering/de-soldering and it's first class

Old 04-08-2005, 08:18 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, but I have gotten spoiled with the flashloader.

I don't care if we did the work or not, I still would do it for you if you would like.

Old 04-08-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by PorschePhd
Yes, but I have gotten spoiled with the flashloader.

I don't care if we did the work or not, I still would do it for you if you would like.
LOL haven't we all... I friggin' hate soldering... My fingers are better at typing although I still have to do the odd bit here and there for my "other" work with PCs

Old 04-08-2005, 09:08 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
If an ECU has been previously soldered with a GIAC chip, can it still be flashed to higher levels?

Old 04-08-2005, 09:30 PM
I will ask PES(where I upgraded) tomorrow.

Thank you very much.

BTW, I think you are the one who helped me installing exhaust by the phone. I think I bothered you pretty much

I thank you again,

Old 04-08-2005, 09:40 PM
Yes sir. We remove the chip reflash to stock then insert the program you want..or need.

No bother at all. That is what I am here for.

Old 04-08-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Dock (Atlanta)
If an ECU has been previously soldered with a GIAC chip, can it still be flashed to higher levels?
Heya Dock what would happen is you would either go to your GIAC dealer, get it returned to stock and then flashed with the desired software You can't flash over it...

Old 04-08-2005, 10:47 PM
Boobie Stars
jamy85 will become famous soon enough
thats what i call great customer service!

Old 04-08-2005, 11:46 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
We remove the chip reflash to stock then insert the program you want..or need.
So it's no problem removing the GIAC chip from the ECU...that's good.

Old 04-09-2005, 05:48 AM
californian is on a distinguished road
IA = Class

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GIAC Flashing Question.