996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Cup Holder Opinions Please...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
Cup Holder Opinions Please...

So, I have had my 911 for over a year now and the lack of cup holders has been driving me nuts. I have looked at many of the commercial options available but nothing really blew my skirt up. I wanted something that looked OEM, was in a good location and was up to supercar status. I have tried a few designs, but this is my favourite so far. What do you think about this? What would you change if anything?

Old 06-11-2011, 11:20 AM
jspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond repute
I like spilling my coffee on the floor instead of the doors and my leg.

I use these: http://www.ultimatecupholders.com/

I have to admit yours look nice though. Of course, being an idiot, I would undoubtably open and re-close the door with disastrous results.

Jim

Old 06-11-2011, 12:40 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Aren't there already two cup holders in the dash? (I thought it was the glove box that was missing). In any case, these sure look nice and fit in well. In fact, so well that I had to look carefully to see them. Jim raises a good point about opening and closing the door though .

Old 06-11-2011, 12:44 PM
jspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond repute
My '04 TT Cabriolet has one cup holder strategically placed to ruin everything in the console. I'm thinking of replacing it with C4 explosive to make it more effective.

Jim

Old 06-11-2011, 01:11 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jspporsche
My '04 TT Cabriolet has one cup holder strategically placed to ruin everything in the console. I'm thinking of replacing it with C4 explosive to make it more effective.

Jim
Which really means that we shouldn't be drinking out of anything that doesn't have a lid or a tight top on it. Those cup holders are just not designed for when you decide to floor the gas pedal .

Old 06-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jspporsche
I like spilling my coffee on the floor instead of the doors and my leg.

I use these: http://www.ultimatecupholders.com/

I have to admit yours look nice though. Of course, being an idiot, I would undoubtedly open and re-close the door with disastrous results.

Jim
Yeah, I looked at those too - but they look like you just left something on the floor. They don't really look like they came with the car and you have to reach forward to get your hand on the cup/can. The placement at the front of the door makes it so the cup holder really doesn't move that much when you open and close the door. In my tests, even a fairly good slam doesn't cause any spray to come out of the cup. Still working with it though...

Old 06-11-2011, 05:37 PM
DMac225 will become famous soon enough
Simple solution...BUY A LEXUS!

Old 06-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Page is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of light
I chuckled when I read this recently..

Cup holders. A silly matter to Europeans, vital to Americans. The U.S. Fiat 500 has an enlarged pod of holders up front to fit U.S.-size drinks, instead of the small European holders, plus two additional holders at the rear of the floor console.
DiMuro says the in-car beverage concept is so foreign to Europeans that the 500 team didn't understand his exhortations for more and bigger holders — until one of his engineers drew a cartoon of an American wearing one of those gimmick hats that hold two beer cans and have long tubes as straws.
"Then everybody said, 'Ah, yes.'"

Old 06-14-2011, 12:11 PM
scottrx7tt has a spectacular aura aboutscottrx7tt has a spectacular aura about
that cupholder kinda reminds me of the ones that you used to lodge between the doorpanel and the glass. even though its carbon fiber, it looks out of place

Old 06-14-2011, 12:51 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
I have been using this one for 3 years; perfect fit... OEM look... practicle...

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product//411989.html

Old 06-14-2011, 01:54 PM
dragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond repute
I have 2 OEM cupholders in the center console right below the vents. I will agree they don't work with an open beverage. I just try to only get drinks in a plastic bottle with a top, and I tell my passenger to hold on to it lol. I have found that if you open the little cubby lid on the door, it perfectly holds a small plastic bottle of water in place while driving if you lay it down on top of the cubby.

Old 06-14-2011, 04:06 PM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
Old 06-14-2011, 04:20 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
You have too much time in your hands Alex. But still... I'd order one please.

Originally Posted by alex55

Old 06-14-2011, 05:03 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
i don't drink n drive gotta shift

Old 06-15-2011, 08:52 AM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MY996TT
You have too much time in your hands Alex. But still... I'd order one please.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cup Holder Opinions Please...