996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Grill screens - inexpensive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 08:04 PM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Grill screens - inexpensive

Finally got around to cleaning the radiators on my car, and put in grill screens at the same time. It's really a pretty easy DIY - remove a handful of torx or phillips screws and slide the bumper cover off. Couple more torx screws and the shrouds are out, and you can clean up pretty easily from there. Look how much junk came out of just one side, and the other was just as bad.

While the cover was off, I just took some 1/4" mesh hardware cloth, cut it to shape, painted it black, and zip-tied it in place. You have to look pretty hard to even see it, which I prefer to some of the kits you can buy. Total cost for the role of hardware cloth was about $12.

Attached Images     
Old 06-16-2011, 08:07 PM
dragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond repute
That's actually a pretty good idea. I will probably do this when I take my bumper off to install LED DRL's at some point and clean up the front radiators. I am pretty sure it will just be full of bugs lol.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:30 PM
Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !
Nice idea. You can barely see it in the pics. When I cleaned my radiators out last time I had the bumper off, I had at least as much as that in both sides. In addition to the usual leaves and dirt there were cigarette butts and trash in there as well. Amazing what all finds its way in there.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:40 AM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Mine had a lot of track marbles collected inside. You can see the little pile of them from the front radiator.

Old 06-17-2011, 03:10 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Good job Jon! Looks really good!