996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

And even MORE crap I bought today.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 11:29 PM
sandyclinic is infamous around these parts
jspporsche....my comments were out of line...all I saw was something about Citibank and I thought that did not belong here... was not aware of your purchase of the Merecedes...again, I apoligize..enjoy your new ride!!!...Steve C 97 993TT

Old 06-24-2011, 11:31 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Originally Posted by jspporsche
PS: I'll get some pictures of the new car on Monday but it looks pretty much like any other C63.

I guess I'm going to have to roll the BMW out of the garage and shoot it or something. If I leave my wife's C300 outside on the driveway to make room for the C63, I'm a dead man. The 993 and the 996 get to stay inside too.

Jim

Next mod. A six car garage.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:07 AM
jspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond repute
You know, it's all good. You guys are just catching me in my circadian cycle of flipping cars. I sold my 330Ci yesterday. It's so weird to not have a BMW for the first time in 15+ years. I'm sad no current one pulls my heart strings.

But Monday, I'll be back to modding the TT and that makes me smile.

Duane I'd LOVE to have a huge garage. Wouldn't that be great?

Jim

Old 06-25-2011, 08:07 AM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
i LOVE the c63. that cars whole entire purpose should be to do burn outs.
honestly, if i had a c63, i would burn out from every stop light, and i would program the motor to idle at 2000 rpm. it sounds that good.
congrats.
post pics already. monday is too long a wait

Old 06-25-2011, 09:06 AM
jspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond repute
Being the old guy that I am, I sometimes lose site of what liters mean. Especially with such great performance out of smaller motors like our 3.6s. But 6.2 liters is 378 cubic inches. That's into 383 and 396 territory. Oh my. Its American Muscle Car sized goodness with modern efficiency.

I don't need a bigger garage, I need to make a clone and take the TT and the C63 to bottonwillow and race myself.

Jim

Old 06-25-2011, 09:31 AM
Wheel Enhancement shipped my new HRE's and Michelins yesterday. Those and the headers and exhaust will arrive on Monday. I guess Monday will have some 911TT installation activity after all.

Jim

Old 06-25-2011, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by STEVE KOJASEVIC
post pics already. monday is too long a wait
I would love to post pics. Unfortunately I don't have the car yet. I signed the purchase contract Thursday and Friday I had closing on a new apartment complex I bought. Today my son is in visiting from Chicago.

This has pretty much left me with no time to run to the bank, get a cashiers check and go to the dealership. Monday I have time. You'll definitely see pics on Monday.

If I was buying a BMW, they know me like their shadow. They usually flatbed me cars in advance and I mail them a check. The Mercedes people just know I'm the idiot that bought two C Class' in 2 weeks and the C300 is already heavily modded.

They don't trust me to have the money just yet.

Jim

Old 06-25-2011, 09:41 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
C63 amg.

Hardly crap, IMO.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:43 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I would love to post pics. Unfortunately I don't have the car yet. I signed the purchase contract Thursday and Friday I had closing on a new apartment complex I bought. Today my son is in visiting from Chicago.

This has pretty much left me with no time to run to the bank, get a cashiers check and go to the dealership. Monday I have time. You'll definitely see pics on Monday.

If I was buying a BMW, they know me like their shadow. They usually flatbed me cars in advance and I mail them a check. The Mercedes people just know I'm the idiot that bought two C Class' in 2 weeks and the C300 is already heavily modded.

They don't trust me to have the money just yet.

Jim

Any performance mods to the C300?

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 06-25-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:47 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Wheel Enhancement shipped my new HRE's and Michelins yesterday. Those and the headers and exhaust will arrive on Monday. I guess Monday will have some 911TT installation activity after all.

Jim

Tune the 996tt and you'll forget all the cars you have and the ones you have owned.

Get 100+ whp more and you'll see a very big difference.996tt are very specials.

Old 06-25-2011, 04:53 PM
I generically call everything crap. Bad habit. But I'm stuck with it. The Merc is a wonderful car. It must be, I liked my wife's C300 so much I went back and said, "Give me one with a pair".

For the C300 I've flashed it. Not so much for the engine but to get the transmission to downshift faster when accelerating from a cruise speed. I am wondering if I can take the C63 exhaust and move it over?

My son and one daughter spent the day with me. We did runs in all the cars. I gave him the E30 Vert I had restored and some of my gun collection. He's coming over again tomorrow so I will go through my watch collection and start thinning it out if he promises to buy adequate insurance.

He really likes the E30 I did for him and he thinks the TT is already a monster.

Jim

Old 06-26-2011, 09:53 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
JSPPORSCHE,i'm glad you had so much fun with your family.It's so nice to do something special for your sons and dougthers.They feel very good also.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:31 PM
Nothing special, just some iPhone snaps when I ran out at lunch to pick it up.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jsppors...7626937852489/

Jim

Old 06-27-2011, 05:58 PM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
that is totally awesome that you get your family involved with your car culture

Old 06-27-2011, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by Lon@HRE
that is totally awesome that you get your family involved with your car culture
The girls modify their cars too. I spend more on car stuff for my kids than most people spend on house payments.

And now the mods begin on the C63. Added HID to the fog lights and changed the rear valance out, see pic link below. The new front lip will be here tomorrow. Car already has LED tails. Might smoke them. We'll see. Need to smoke the mirror blinkers. I guess tomorrow I will bother the guys at Lamin-X.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6002/...e47b2446_m.jpg

I asked Wheel Enhancement to get me a quote on C97's with matching paint codes. Get me a date and don't be late

Jim

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: And even MORE crap I bought today.