996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

And even MORE crap I bought today.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 11:42 PM
jspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond repute
And even MORE crap I bought today.

C63 amg.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:49 PM
sandyclinic is infamous around these parts
OK...and then what????

Old 06-23-2011, 11:50 PM
sandyclinic is infamous around these parts
OK....and that has something to do with this board/forum????

Old 06-24-2011, 12:00 AM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jspporsche
C63 amg.
Me too. Last year ROFL

Old 06-24-2011, 12:08 AM
jspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond repute
I've been chronicling the purchase of upgrades for the TT. Some of them have arrived, but not enough of any one system to actually install anything.

The TT is disassembled waiting for things to show up and let me finish it. Probably $20K in parts bought and nothing actually installed yet. To keep me busy I've been upgrading my wife's C300 because I like it and its kind of a nice car. Wheels, tires, lots of carbon fiber. Stuff for the Mercedes arrives almost instantly. The stuff for the Porsche appears to be made of unobtanium.

The wife's car is <whisper> kind of gutless </whisper>. Other than that, I've really enjoyed it since she got it two weeks ago. I took it in today to get them to install some missing hardware. I thought I'd wait. This was a mistake.

So, back to the story, since I can't install all the crap I've bought for the P-car, I bought a car just like hers except <whisper> its not gutless </whisper>.

We'll be back to P-car stuff on Monday when the mythical HRE wheels and Michelins are supposed to show up. And if Speedtech can bend me some pipe, I just might get the P-Car into the Bullrun.

If not I'll be in the <whisper> C63 AMG </whisper>.

Jim

Last edited by jspporsche; 06-24-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:16 AM
PS: I'll get some pictures of the new car on Monday but it looks pretty much like any other C63.

I guess I'm going to have to roll the BMW out of the garage and shoot it or something. If I leave my wife's C300 outside on the driveway to make room for the C63, I'm a dead man. The 993 and the 996 get to stay inside too.

Jim

Old 06-24-2011, 08:40 AM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like a heck of a lineup! "waiting for my exhaust so I bought a C63..." wish I had this sort of problem.

Pics please-

Old 06-24-2011, 08:51 AM
I'm getting all of my wish list purchased now before inflation makes my dinero worth nada.

I'm trying to see what I can get overnighted to me. I really would like to do the Bullrun in the TT. I'm even resigned to being filmed for TV which I hate. I did it once and swore I never would again. I've managed to avoid it for 10 years. Maybe I'll just wear a helmet 100% of the time. I've seen that somewhere....

Jim

Old 06-24-2011, 08:56 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
pics of the C63 or it didnt happen. btw look into the tune for it, its a must on the car... A MUST.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 06-24-2011, 08:58 AM
Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !
Nice stable of vehicles! I wish I could solve my impatience issues that way. I need to find ways to make more money to support my performance addiction.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:12 AM
I bought the C63 yesterday without driving it. "Bought it" is overstating it. I signed the contract and told them I would bring them a Cashiers Check on Monday. So, its mine because there is no buyers remorse clause. I'm stuck with it. I just haven't taken delivery of it yet.

My son, who I haven't seen for 7 years, is flying in today to spend the weekend with me. I'm just waiting for him. Some things are more important than picking up a car.

I'll post pics in the Mercedes/AMG section and link them back.

I'm just hanging on the internet to keep from pacing the floor waiting for his plane to come in.

Jim

Old 06-24-2011, 09:44 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
Sweet! the C63 is a nice car.

Check out a local San Diego car thats been modified

Pics near the bottom of thread.
http://www.socaleuro.com/forum/showt...ap-in-process-...

Old 06-24-2011, 09:50 AM
I saw that car (I think it was this one) at ACG yesterday. They pulled it out and the guy left so I could get my wife's C300 in to put new tires on it.

I'm getting Peter (ACG) some smoked LED tails for it on Monday. I think they will add to it.

I've been told by other friends in LA I should think Weistec. We'll see. But I will undoubtably mod the crap out of it after I get along on the TT. Right now, The TT is the fun car. The C63 will be the going to the office with some hustle car.

Jim

Last edited by jspporsche; 06-24-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:22 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Very interesting

Old 06-24-2011, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by rdss
Very interesting
What? No "+1"?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: And even MORE crap I bought today.