996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

And even MORE crap I bought today.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 06:37 PM
z99
z99 is infamous around these parts
C63

Great
Choice. I had a 2009. So tunable. Had Kleeman stage 2, quakes diff, and coil overs. The car posted some serious lap times at Beaver Run. Regret selling it. With tune and long head headers, you get some serious power. Ran out of garage space. The sound is intoxicating.

Enjoy.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:48 PM
jspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond repute
Late minute mod before leaving office.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5035/...c1435002_m.jpg

Not sure about these. THey are smoked but not what I like as far as shade. I'm going to let them grow on me but they might very well end up being painted to match the body.

Obligatory 911TT content: Wheel Enhancement forgot to include the new lug nuts and lockers. So, no joy in Porsche land today. And there may not be any tomorrow because they are prepping to take the engine and transmission out to work on all the other stuff. Don't know why they want to do it that way but whatever, its their time.

Jim

Old 06-28-2011, 08:49 AM
jspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond repute
Hopefully Wheel Enhancement got the nuts out yesterday and I can get the wheels mounted on the TT before the car gets its engine and transmission removed.

On the list for C63 upgrades today is a front lip in CF to go with the rear valance. The search is on for wheels. Once the TT is all back together and working fine, it might be Weistec time. Power or warranty? Hmmm. Maybe not.

Jim

Old 06-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Lug nits came in today. I'm home babysitting contractors. Sigh. Maybe they will get the HRE's installed by the end of the day.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5222/...4f4b5419_b.jpg

Jim

Old 06-28-2011, 08:43 PM
HRE's finally installed. Yay!

Finally got them on earlier this afternoon.

These are 567Rs with 245/19 and 315/19 Michelin Pilot Sports.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jsppors...in/photostream

Let me know what you think.

Jim

Last edited by jspporsche; 06-29-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:00 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Wheels look really nice,congrats.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:51 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
Looks good!

Old 06-29-2011, 10:01 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
How are the mods coming!

Old 06-29-2011, 10:20 AM
Lon, these are your wheels. You're supposed to tell me they are gorgeous, that you are doing naughty things to yourself under your desk right now and I've spoiled you for all women.

Dan, mechanic was sick yesterday so they didn't get the motor pulled to get started. Plus I wanted to see the wheels on the car anyway. Engine mods start in earnest today. Speedtech is overnighting parts to me as they become available.

I left a note in a thread from your guy Rob (??) on mbworld to save me a Quaife for my C63. Go grab it and charge me for it and ship it at your leisure.

I had a regular car show going at work yesterday with just my cars. People were pulling into the parking lot for a look.

It doesn't look like I'll make the Bullrun. Still modding like crazy. I hope to have all the cars done by the 15th. Waiting for Porsche parts, big orders out for Mercedes parts like suspension and more HRE wheels/tires, the Quaife and have to finish researching headers and a Weistec for the Merc.

Oh, and the contractors remodeling my house have another month to go, I'm doing office buildouts in my new warehouse and I'm busy with all the legal on the new apartment complex I bought. Gotta get all my usual people folded into the new complex and running that for me.

Ugh!

I know, what have I got to complain about.

Jim

Old 06-29-2011, 10:26 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
That would be TMI I keep that type of thing very PC

But on that note, I think I need to take a trip to the restroom

Can't wait to see what you do with the C63. Please keep in touch with me this time so I can make sure things go over better. And when you get a change, drop by, I'd love to get more photos and actually meet you in person. Saw your car at the open house.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:40 AM
I gave Wheel Enhancement an order yesterday. 565R with centers painted matching Steel Grey (paint code 755?) on 19s. I think 8.5 and 9.0. Polished lips. Dave was sales again.

I don't mind waiting, I just don't like dates changing on the shipping date. If you tell me there's a delay a week in advance I haven't already assigned people to be at certain places to cover things for me and reserved shop time to deal with.

I'm not an unreasonable person. But I also have a lot of plates spinning and unexpected delays cause disruptions of the time/space continuum as Capt. Picard would say.

Jim

Last edited by jspporsche; 06-29-2011 at 10:48 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:03 AM
Former Vendor
I like the Picard reference I'll be talking to Dave soon I'm sure

Color match will take lil extra time, but I'll keep you posted.

Last edited by HRE_Wheels; 06-29-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:08 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Jim I forwarded Rob the note on the C63. Thank you.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:09 PM
Thank you, it looks like he billed me. I guess it will ship tomorrow if it didn't ship today.

Jim

Old 06-29-2011, 10:31 PM
Just popped off a letter to Weistec Engineering to see how I go about getting them to sell and install me the supercharger for the C63. Should make for a fun go kart to drive to work. I might have made a mistake moving my office from 28 miles away to 4 miles away.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: And even MORE crap I bought today.