996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Blowing IC hose off letting OFF throttle?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 07:32 PM
FlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
If you have stock hoses check the clamps... replace the O ring... what boost you running?
what ICs and what hoses?
even at 1.6 bar that should hold.. I have a feeling something is loose....
it did this once before on stock hoses, stock IC. this time i was on EVOMS clubsports with EVOMS hose kit. new clamps and everything. it happened the exact same way both times, letting off throttle. both times boost was at 1.3 BAR.

ordering some 710N dvs this week

Old 08-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FlyingGuy
it did this once before on stock hoses, stock IC. this time i was on EVOMS clubsports with EVOMS hose kit. new clamps and everything. it happened the exact same way both times, letting off throttle. both times boost was at 1.3 BAR.

ordering some 710N dvs this week
why are you ordering dvs when you dont know the problem lol just because you have XXX company ICs and hoses does nto mean you do not have a boost leave at the connection.... wake up smell the coffee before you spend more money....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-01-2011, 09:32 PM
FlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant future
why are you ordering dvs when you dont know the problem lol just because you have XXX company ICs and hoses does nto mean you do not have a boost leave at the connection.... wake up smell the coffee before you spend more money....
i generally agree. we are going to boost leak test, and hopefully find any issue there may be... but the realization that i have stock DV is what made me decide on new ones. whether i would have popped a hose or not, i do not like the idea of these stock diverter valves, and seems like upgraded ones are recommended for upgraded turbo applications anyway.

i am in no way saying that X company hoses or IC, or even my mechanics work is infallible, thats why were are going to boost check!

Old 08-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FlyingGuy
i generally agree. we are going to boost leak test, and hopefully find any issue there may be... but the realization that i have stock DV is what made me decide on new ones. whether i would have popped a hose or not, i do not like the idea of these stock diverter valves, and seems like upgraded ones are recommended for upgraded turbo applications anyway.

i am in no way saying that X company hoses or IC, or even my mechanics work is infallible, thats why were are going to boost check!
think logically... if you replace the dvs( you open everything up)... then when you pressure test you do not know what the problem was... so pressure test from the turbos... find the problem first... fix it.. then replace Dvs.. and PRESSURE test again... then you know 100% its all good...
trust me... I do this all the time and I find crazy stuff.. but replacing parts before knowing what is wrong is not one of them....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-01-2011, 10:32 PM
think logically... if you replace the dvs( you open everything up)... then when you pressure test you do not know what the problem was... so pressure test from the turbos... find the problem first... fix it.. then replace Dvs.. and PRESSURE test again... then you know 100% its all good...
trust me... I do this all the time and I find crazy stuff.. but replacing parts before knowing what is wrong is not one of them....
great advice. guess ill have to slow down a bit... markski you have PM...

Old 08-02-2011, 10:53 AM
winnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond repute
dvs are electrical controled....check the electrical control valve with durametric and the vac hoses.....

Last edited by winnigt2; 08-02-2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Mr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to behold
dvs are electrical controled....check the electrical control valve with durametric and the vac hoses.....
DV's are nothing but vacuum controled.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:37 AM
winnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mr. C4
DV's are nothing but vacuum controled.
thats not correct...durametric has a check for that control valve...it is under the dvs

Old 08-29-2011, 05:23 AM
Mr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by winnigt2
thats not correct...durametric has a check for that control valve...it is under the dvs
OK please then tell me what electronic circuit the DV's are hooked up to!

Old 08-29-2011, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by Mr. C4
OK please then tell me what electronic circuit the DV's are hooked up to!
take a look under your dvs ....follow the vac lines...you see a electrical valve that controls the vac to the dvs...that is all...and you can test this valve with durametric "activations"....on and off..

Old 08-29-2011, 08:46 AM
OK fair enough, depends on how you look at it. To me the DV's are mechanical but an outside/3rd party source is controling the vac.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:59 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
I would love to know where the electrically operated DME controlled valve that controls the DV's is.
Even better part number please!

If you mean this , its the secondary air change over valve

Attached Images  

Last edited by Frank ( Sunnyside ); 08-29-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:26 PM
ra996tt is on a distinguished road
I'm having this same issue, went under the car and found the lower right turbo to IC hose was coming off the C-clamp/clip side. Replacing hose and hopefully fixing the issue. Car is a 2001 996tt, and this is the stock hose and old. Crossing fingers

Old 08-29-2011, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by Sunnyside
I would love to know where the electrically operated DME controlled valve that controls the DV's is.
Even better part number please!

If you mean this , its the secondary air change over valve
996 605 165 00 that is only a simple "on and off function"