996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Valentine One Rear-View Mirrors $695

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 10:05 PM
BeastPower is on a distinguished road
Valentine One Rear-View Mirrors $695

BeastPower is offering a very reduced price for it's 996 and 996TT Valentine One Rear-View Mirrors. These mirrors are manufactured by Ai Design (www.aidesign.com, a fellow 6speedonline sponsor), and are normally priced at $995. There are 2 versions:

1) Auto-dimming for the 996TT.
2) Manual Dimming for the 996.

The manual dimming mirror also has a Valentine One control/volume/mute **** and speaker built in.

We are offering as a group buy of a total of 10 mirrors (5 mirrors of each model) for $695 each. This is virtually at cost, and makes sense to BeastPower, as it will help spread the word. We are working on an enclosure for the Valentine One main unit (most likely 2-3 months away).

The mirrors also incorporate front and rear LEDs within the V1's front and rear arrows. These LEDs can be activated to act as indicators for either the Lidatek or K40 laser jammers.

This group buy has been confirmed with the admins of 6speedonline.com.

Cheers,

Daniel

-------------------------------------------
Photos of Auto-Dimming Mirror:

Photos of Manual-Dimming Mirror:

Old 10-13-2003, 10:28 PM
john stephanus is on a distinguished road
question

So...one has this altered mirror and then the rest of the brains of the V-1 go into a box you are still working on? Just trying to understand here... And where are the radar sensors mounted in the car?

Old 10-13-2003, 10:55 PM
msindi is on a distinguished road
I am 98% in....Need to get a V1 I guess

Old 10-13-2003, 10:57 PM
Re: question

Originally posted by john stephanus
So...one has this altered mirror and then the rest of the brains of the V-1 go into a box you are still working on? Just trying to understand here... And where are the radar sensors mounted in the car?
The box we are working on will just be a housing/enclosure for the standard V1 main unit. We will not supply the V1, just offer the enclosure for a more discrete installation.

Cheers.

Old 10-14-2003, 05:00 PM
Any interest?

Old 10-14-2003, 05:11 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Uhhh, Do you have a price guarantee?

I dont think my 6speed discount came close to that.

Old 10-14-2003, 05:18 PM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
I am getting mine installed on Wednesday. I will post pics this weekend. Thanks Daniel!

Fred

Old 10-14-2003, 05:32 PM
I want one!! Do I need to rder the remote display thing with my V1??
Anyone know of a place to get a V1 for cheap??

Old 10-14-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by msindi
I want one!! Do I need to rder the remote display thing with my V1??
Anyone know of a place to get a V1 for cheap??
You just need to call Valentine Research at 1-800-331-3030 and order the current Valentine Radar Detector and Laser Locator (version 1.8) for $399. They are the only one selling it, and they do not offer discounts to end-users and dealers. You do not need to order anything else from them.

BeastPower is working with Ai Design (www.aidesign.com) - they are making the mirrors for BeastPower, and we have global exclusivity from them.

Ai Design sells the complete kit with installation for $3,900. This kit includes the following:
- Valentine One (V1) main unit.
- K40 Laser Diffuser.
- BeastPower Mirror display.
- Installation.

The way this system works, is that the V1 is placed in the rear (inside the 996, but also inside an enclosure). The radar detection still works perfectly, but the laser detection is no longer functional. The K40 is mounted in the front and rear. Ai Design uses the K40's laser detection instead of the V1's laser detection. All this gets transmitted to the mirror display. The V1 remote control **** controls the V1 system. This offers a completely concealed integrated installation.

As you can see, with the BeastPower mirror being offered for $695, one could go to their custom audio shop and have them wire the system as I described above.

Ai Design has installed this system in countless exotic and high-line vehicles (many 996's too; and I am sure there are members of this board who have gone to Ai Design for the installation.

We are trying to put together a "kit" that includes the above with wiring, harnesses, mounting hardware and detailed instructions with photos). We will hopefully offer this kit, but it
will be a while before we get it all organized. The kit will probably retail between $2,500 to $3,000.

For now, we are just selling the mirrors for what is essentially BeastPower's cost in order to increase market awareness.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Daniel

Old 10-14-2003, 05:43 PM
We are trying to put together a "kit" that includes the above with wiring, harnesses, mounting hardware and detailed instructions with photos). We will hopefully offer this kit, but it
will be a while before we get it all organized. The kit will probably retail between $2,500 to $3,000.
So is there anything I need other than a V1 and your mirror to do the install??

Old 10-14-2003, 08:32 PM
To install all you need is the mirror and Valentine One. If you currently have the auto-dimming mirror, you can also purchase BeastPower's Valentine One control ****, so that you can control the system remotely without touching the Valentine One main unit.

Here are some photos of the control **** and some potential installation locations (the interior is a GT2):

The following diagram shows the installation configuration:

Cheers.

Last edited by BeastPower; 10-14-2003 at 08:39 PM.
Old 10-20-2003, 02:54 PM
Exclamation

I just lowered the price on both 996 mirrors to $695 for the duration of this Group Buy. Once 10 mirrors are sold, I will change the price back to $995. Anyone who is interested can do so.

Here are the links to BeastPower Motorsports' website:

Click for Porsche 996TT Auto Dimming Valentine One Mirror -$695

Click for Porsche 996 Manual Dimming Valentine One Mirror -$695

Thanks,

Daniel

Old 10-20-2003, 03:28 PM
steveb is on a distinguished road
In the interim, where do you install the V1 main unit--I can't seem to find a good location.

Old 10-20-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by steveb
In the interim, where do you install the V1 main unit--I can't seem to find a good location.
I just talked with Ai Design (the fabricators of the mirrors), and they said that in their installs on the 996, they place the Valentine One under the rear package shelf. They hollow out the foam underneath and place the detector towards the front and center of the package shelf. This location is 100% concealed, and all radar detection works. The laser detection no longer works, so they use the laser detection from either the Lidatek or K40 laser jammers. This laser detection alert is then fed into the Valentine One mirror display.

Cheers.

Last edited by BeastPower; 10-20-2003 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:25 PM
Banned
Chordate is an unknown quantity at this point
Beastpower-Do you recomend putting a K40 laser diffuser in the rear (also does the 3.9k kit include a rear diffuser).
All users-I have been lasered 5 times (i found out through my V1), however, my K40 never once went off, do you know what might be wrong. (The K40 was professionaly installed underneth the front plate)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Valentine One Rear-View Mirrors $695