996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

K24/26 or 18G?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 09:45 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
HI,I might pick up some k24/20's and plumbing next week,so I will then have my Blouch K24/18g's that are on my car now for sale , if you are interested......

Old 09-30-2011, 02:04 PM
Yazz911TT will become famous soon enough
JOHNSPEED U have PM!! Please reply!! URgent!!

Old 09-30-2011, 04:25 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnspeed
HI,I might pick up some k24/20's and plumbing next week,so I will then have my Blouch K24/18g's that are on my car now for sale , if you are interested......

You night want to check with Blouch but most of the time they will want your cores(old 24/18's)

Old 09-30-2011, 11:38 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
You night want to check with Blouch but most of the time they will want your cores(old 24/18's)
HI,Yes if I was going to send them mine but this shop has a set in stock from another customer who upgraded...Thanks....

Old 10-25-2011, 10:18 PM
TTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the rough
So fellas I finally got it all done! I did all the work myself at my buddies shop on a lift except for putting in the front suspension which he did for me. My only experience on Porche's is oil changes minor maintenance and exhaust work, so turbo removal, intercoolers, and suspension was all new to me. Wasn't that bad now that I look back on it and was worth it so now if something goes wrong I will hopefully know where to start. I'm very happy with the outcome and cant wait to get the car aligned and maybe corner balanced. Car makes great power up top and am very happy with the EPL flash although Tony tells me its a mild 18g flash to start and once I send him data logs he will tweak it for me to get even more power! Once the stock clutch goes I'll do injectors at that time and bring it up to EPL for a custom dyno tune. I could probably do this install in half the time now that I've done it once and gone back and forth on some things that didn't fit quite right mainly ic's and minor odds and ends. Was ready to sell the car for $22 and a 6 pack of High Life at points during the install although cursing and yelling at the car seemed to help me along and gave the guys a good laugh at the shop. They said they've never seen anyone flick a car off so much. I will keep you all posted in the next week or so as I get the car finalized with suspension adjustments and tune and give my final impressions.
SHOUT OUTS and THANK YOUS to: Tony @ EPL for always answering my calls and questions I hope I'm not too much of a pain in the ***. You da man! Gary @ Rockville Motors for letting me keep the car on the lift for about a week and a half to let me get this s?it done after work. ( I owe you big time bro!) Mike @ Blouch Turbo for building my 18g's in record time! (less than a week)
-Ron
P.S I will post some pics of turbos and some of the build process when I get them downloaded.

Last edited by TTurbRon; 10-25-2011 at 10:23 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:54 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by WHAT TURBO?
So fellas I finally got it all done! I did all the work myself at my buddies shop on a lift except for putting in the front suspension which he did for me. My only experience on Porche's is oil changes minor maintenance and exhaust work, so turbo removal, intercoolers, and suspension was all new to me. Wasn't that bad now that I look back on it and was worth it so now if something goes wrong I will hopefully know where to start. I'm very happy with the outcome and cant wait to get the car aligned and maybe corner balanced. Car makes great power up top and am very happy with the EPL flash although Tony tells me its a mild 18g flash to start and once I send him data logs he will tweak it for me to get even more power! Once the stock clutch goes I'll do injectors at that time and bring it up to EPL for a custom dyno tune. I could probably do this install in half the time now that I've done it once and gone back and forth on some things that didn't fit quite right mainly ic's and minor odds and ends. Was ready to sell the car for $22 and a 6 pack of High Life at points during the install although cursing and yelling at the car seemed to help me along and gave the guys a good laugh at the shop. They said they've never seen anyone flick a car off so much. I will keep you all posted in the next week or so as I get the car finalized with suspension adjustments and tune and give my final impressions.
SHOUT OUTS and THANK YOUS to: Tony @ EPL for always answering my calls and questions I hope I'm not too much of a pain in the ***. You da man! Gary @ Rockville Motors for letting me keep the car on the lift for about a week and a half to let me get this s?it done after work. ( I owe you big time bro!) Mike @ Blouch Turbo for building my 18g's in record time! (less than a week)
-Ron
P.S I will post some pics of turbos and some of the build process when I get them downloaded.
Congrats what a great accomplishment! Sure you will enjoy it that much more, lets hear a followup on how she runs

Old 10-26-2011, 09:52 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Congrats WHAT TURBO nice set up,you'll be happy

Old 10-26-2011, 10:39 AM
AlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud of
Congrats,
What are the turbos?
are they the old 18g's or the newer 18g-XT?

Old 10-26-2011, 01:41 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WHAT TURBO?
-Ron
dang bro looks like cursing a lot and throwing up gang signs to your ride helped you get things unda control !!! Good job... def let us know how she runs...we gotta catch up sometime man it's been a long time since we hung out last bro!

Old 10-27-2011, 09:11 AM
TTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
Congrats what a great accomplishment! Sure you will enjoy it that much more, lets hear a followup on how she runs
Thanks 2Much! Will do.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by AlexN
Congrats,
What are the turbos?
are they the old 18g's or the newer 18g-XT?

The XT's. Here are some pics comparing them to the stock K16's:

Old 10-27-2011, 09:33 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
WOW your car is gone fly man,congrats.Then we want vids and numbres

Old 10-27-2011, 09:34 AM
By The Way.....

Hey fellas I've got a set of H&R springs for sale if anyone's interested? They only have about 8K on them in perfect condition. Looking for $225 + shipping which I think is fair but will take best offer.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:19 PM
Update. Final tweak on flash should happen next week and will have her on the dyno within 2. The car hauls *** and is running top notch! Just a couple minor tweaks Tony is going to do for me as I get him the logs he wants. I will post video and dyno #'s hopefully sooner than later. Bringing this thread back from the dead.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:12 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

subscribed!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: K24/26 or 18G?