996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

K24/26 or 18G?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 09:13 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Nice work! Did you do the rwd conversion?

Old 01-20-2012, 09:48 PM
TTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Tim941NYC
Nice work! Did you do the rwd conversion?
Yeah bro. Did that long ago. Wish I could find a wrecked gt2 to steal the rear LSD from. Drifter by heart.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:59 PM
TTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the rough
Gonna put up the JRZ's for sale soon. To rough for me on the street. Looking for $1500 or best reasonable offer. According to TPC they can work for 2wd with different top hats but don't take my word for it.

Old 01-21-2012, 07:18 AM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WHAT TURBO?
Yeah bro. Did that long ago. Wish I could find a wrecked gt2 to steal the rear LSD from. Drifter by heart.
Nice. gt3 lsd is the same so keep your eye out for that too!

Old 01-22-2012, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by Tim941NYC
Nice. gt3 lsd is the same so keep your eye out for that too!
Thanks! Will do.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:49 PM
So the final piece of the P-car puzzle is getting installed tomorrow. Picked up an OS Giken LSD at a great price and dropped Herbie off at the shop today to get the LSD installed. I've been adding bits and pieces along the way with this project and I'd like to say Im pretty sure I'm done after I get it back. It h has about 150 more miles to go for break-in and I'm ready to romp on this bad boy and get the final touch ups on my tune done. Then off to the dynO to get my final #'s down. Should have results in the next few weeks. I can't wait to finally feel the power of this beast without clutch slippage and having the car sideways through the turns! Will post my mod list shortly as its changed since my past posts.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:53 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ Yo Ron where are you getting your work done on your car?

Old 05-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by sunir
^^^ Yo Ron where are you getting your work done on your car?
At Speed Motorsports. Awesome work and service!

Old 05-01-2012, 02:52 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ whose doing the work Rich?

I've known At Speed since 08...they have done race car transport, track service support for me in the past.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by sunir
^^^ whose doing the work Rich?

I've known At Speed since 08...they have done race car transport, track service support for me in the past.
Yup sure is. They just called and it's done! Picking up the beast tomorrow. Pete did my clutch and intake tubes a few weeks ago and Rich did the LSD today.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:21 PM
^^^ Cool when you go in there, tell 'em I reffered ya I've known those guys for a while. Been to the track many times with them.

Old 06-16-2012, 02:35 PM
So project Herbie is finally complete! It took longer and of course more money than I had expected but in the end I'm very pleased! I just got back home yesterday from getting my final custom dyno tune at EPL and the car is running great and fast! My final #'s are 540rwhp and 640rwtq on EPL's mustang dyno. According to Tony he said this is one of the highest tq #'s he's seen on an 18g setup at 1.275 bar of boost on pump. So in the end I'm very happy I went with the 18g over the k26's. The car hits boost very quickly and pulls all the way to redline. I don't know all the talk about these turbos being laggy? They are barely off pace from my old k16's as far as spooling although the intake pipes I put on had a bit to do with that. If anyone is looking to do a good mid power upgrade on the 996 Turbo I'd have to say 18g is the way to go! This is about as far as you can go before needing to upgrade the stock fuel system besides injectors. I should hopefully have the dyno sheet posted here as soon as Tony sends it to me unless he'd like to post it up here himself. I'm also curious to see what my trap speeds will be in the 1/4 compared to my old k16 of 122mph on the race gas mix.
Shout outs & thank you's:
-Gary Deol @ Rockville Motors for letting me use his lift after hours and giving me a hand!
-Mike @ Blousch Turbo for building me a sweet pair of billet 18g's and doing them quick!
-Bob Miller and crew @ At Speed Motorsports for tackling the parts I didn't feel capable of doing myself and setting up my suspension.
-Tony & Rich @ EPL for being patient and extremely generous through my build. It came to the point that I called them so many times that Rich new it was me by voice! Lol! Tony is a tuning master in my opinion there is none better than him tuning these cars IMHO and customer service is the best I've gotten in the industry.
-Last but not least everyone on 6speed who helped me with answering questions and selling me parts. I couldn't have done any of this without this site.
Thanks to all who have followed this thread and helped out.

-Ron

Old 06-19-2012, 12:07 AM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Ron,

How fast was your turn-around time when it came to getting the turbo's back from Blouch for the 18g upgrade?

Old 06-19-2012, 03:25 PM
Ron what are the performance figures on your car since the project is now complete...what are your gains? any results yet from the dragstip in addtion?

Old 09-07-2013, 10:39 AM
Whereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond repute
TTurbRon, What engines mods do you have? I'm looking at doing the K24/18 and am curious what intercoolers, injectors...?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: K24/26 or 18G?