996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anybody have, use or know about Driving Shoes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 03:04 PM
racer63 is infamous around these parts
I always use them in racing and auto-x. In racing, they are required. Beyond that, however, they vastly improve your ability to feel the pedals (for modulation of each pedal, heel-and-toe, etc.).

The Piloti pictures you showed above look to me like they would be too thick to allow you to feel the peddles like you can with a true racing shoe. They look cool. But, I doubt they would improve the driving experience.

Old 10-15-2003, 03:07 PM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Racer63 dead on.
The piloti's are reasonably comfortable but not too much if you have wide feet. Their soles are too thick for much feeling. Now, the Didoras are razor thin (but very stiff sole) but stiill extremely comfortable, comparable ot a pair of Nike's, no kidding. I love them.

Old 10-15-2003, 03:28 PM
Rob
Rob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of light
I have a pair of Piloti shoes. They definitely don't have the feel of the thin sole driving/racing shoes, yet, unlike most regular sneakers, the heel is rounded and the tread is nearly flat (I thought they'd be a little more flexible, though). All things considered, however, the Pilotis are a good compromise for street driving because they work better than sneakers and still look decent with a pair of jeans.

Old 10-15-2003, 05:34 PM
bbeasley is infamous around these parts
I use Simpsons. For autocross...... Don't leave home without them

Old 10-16-2003, 10:00 AM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by sharkster
Watt you got baller-sized-connections being in LA. Can't you get a shoot out to happen on like Super Tuner TV or High-Rev Tuners. We'll do ground effects too

Sorry to change the subject.

PS Sux the whole thing isn't happening. Stephen/Kevin and I were so looking forward to it
shark, instead of monster trucks you guys can do monster turbos.

maybe dean will write it, and my wife can try to get ABC or ESPN to pick it up.

Dean?

Old 10-16-2003, 10:19 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
LOL... I could put some mud bogg tires on you know. That way we could use that AWD in the mud.

Old 10-16-2003, 11:17 AM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
I use the Piloti mid here, hard to comment as I havent used any other ones to compare them to.

Old 10-16-2003, 01:20 PM
Chris Y. is infamous around these parts
Like Sloth, I like Tod's for everyday driving. I know they aren't fireproof and not for real track or competitive events, but are great for weekend drives and even everyday. Plus, i can wear it into the office and get back in my car...

I've tried piloti...forgot what style. The sole is a bit thick and didn't provide the feel I was looking for.

Otherwise, I like the Simpson...