996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Marski 911 tuning review on 2003 Porsche 996 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 07:13 PM
Blue Beast TT will become famous soon enoughBlue Beast TT will become famous soon enough
Marski 911 tuning review on 2003 Porsche 996 Turbo

Hi everyone,
I wanted to share my experiences with Mark Marski of 911tuning.com on my 2003 Porsche 996 turbo.

I spent about 5 months researching tuners and software companies for my car considering I wanted an ECU flash and exhaust. I completed many searches on many different web sites and looked at tons of forums researching reviews on many different tuning companies for software and exhaust systems.

I eventually contacted 5 of them and they all seemed very good, however, i felt rushed on the phone by one of them and another took weeks for them to even get back to me. The other 3 were very good at answering my questions and I didn't feel as though I was wasting their time. All in all, they all seemed pretty good, but I just didn't have that confidence feeling of spending 4-5K on my car unless I knew that the customer service was going to be there afterward. Maybe it would have been, but I just didn't get that feeling until I talked with Mark over at 911tuning.com.

Mark spent about 45 minutes on the phone with me the first time i spoke with him and when i asked him the differences between his exhaust and others he did NOT tear down the other companies or slam anyone at all. He took the time to explain why his would be the best for my car and the tune from protomotive would be great as well. I explained to him that the last thing i want to do is basically destroy my car with adding too much power or damage anything by adding more HP. He completely understood and made me feel as though he was trying to help me with the car and not trying to just sell me something. He said that he would make sure that the car was healthy before even putting the products on. I was very lucky to live in the Chicago land are about 45 mins away so I could actually have him do the work.

Once I dropped off my car with Mark he did a boost pressure test. Not the normal smoke test that a lot of shops do that only does about 5 psi, but a 20 psi test. Since I was going to be doing the flash, it makes sense that the car should handle the extra boost. I was really glad that he did this since he found many leaks. Not only that, he sent me pics and videos of each leak. Mark spent the time correcting each one until the car was ready. The guy truly cares about helping you with your car and not just draining your wallet. Once all the leaks were fixed, the exhaust and flash were put on/ in.

After about a week (waiting for some parts, but very fast turn around for the amount of work he needed to do) Mark tuned it perfectly! Mark picked me up from the train station and took me to my car.

I always thought that the cars throttle was a little lazy and that the stock exhaust was just a little too quiet. It didn't scream "I'm a 911 TURBO!" like the older ones did. I went to start it up and what a great rumble sound, but not too loud. Just a little bit louder than stock but when you step on it hard; WOW! It screams the way a Porsche should scream. The mix between the exhaust and the tune made the car feel like warp speed. I was extremely impressed. The great thing is that its not too loud while driving around so I cant hear people in my car, but its that perfect sound when you are flooring it where you can hear the car spooling up.

Mark and i took it out for one more test drive and logged it on his computer to make sure that it was up to his perfect standards and that I was happy with it. The car checked out perfectly on his computer and no lights or codes were popping up.

During this whole time he was working on the car, he would give me a call with how the car was doing each night so that i could stay informed. That's something that is really hard to find. Too many times, I have received a car back and I found problems with it and had no idea of what they were doing. Not with Mark. He kept me informed the whole way through with videos and pics and phone calls. Marks goal was to make sure that I was happy with my car and his products on my car. I can say that I am more than happy in the way it now drives and sounds. The car feels like the way it should have came out of the factory.

If you are looking for a great tuner that will make sure that your car is fitted with the best products out there and will keep your car healthy so you can get the most life out of it as possible, please contact Mark and 911tuning.com. I am very happy with his services and I eventually plan on doing his K16 upgrades, but first need to get used to the new monster he has created in my garage. Sorry for the long post, but I just wanted to share how my experience went since I know a lot of you out there are going through the same things I went though. Please contact me for any questions on anything and I will be glad to help out. I hope this review helps anyone looking to upgrade their Porsche. I know it was great for me.

I will eventually in the next few weeks upload some pics of the beautiful exhaust and videos of the sound along with a drive by with it. Have a great one everyone!

Thanks.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:56 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Markski for President!!! Glad you are happy!!!

Old 10-16-2011, 09:34 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Great write up. Great experience. Mark has his heart in the right place. It's in his DNA.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:08 AM
zooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant future
I really only hear good things about Mark. Definitely the place I would bring my car to. Fantastic!

Which exhaust setup did you go with? Do you have a video?

Best regards,
Yannick

Old 10-17-2011, 06:14 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Thumbs-up for Markski!

Old 10-17-2011, 07:52 AM
Blue Beast TT will become famous soon enoughBlue Beast TT will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by zooyorker
I really only hear good things about Mark. Definitely the place I would bring my car to. Fantastic!

Which exhaust setup did you go with? Do you have a video?

Best regards,
Yannick
Hi Yannick,
I went with the 2.5 inch X design with 100 cell cats. I dont have a video as of yet, but I plan on putting one up with a start, a blow by and an acceleration video. I'm just waiting for one of my friends to help me with it. Hopefully in the next week, I will have it up.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:00 AM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
+1 for Markski.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:32 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Great,,Enjoy.......What is your new redline,when the rev limiter kicks in??....Thanks......

Old 10-17-2011, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by johnspeed
Great,,Enjoy.......What is your new redline,when the rev limiter kicks in??....Thanks......
Hi John,
I believe the new rev limiter is 7400. I would need to double check with Marksi or I could just take it out for a ride tonight. I'll let you know when I can.

What did your new protomotive tune bring yours up to?

Old 10-17-2011, 07:45 PM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
mark .. you are the man allways ..
best of the best

Old 10-17-2011, 08:28 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
He will be doing my tune too. Great Guy!

Old 10-17-2011, 08:40 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Blue Beast TT
Hi John,
I believe the new rev limiter is 7400. I would need to double check with Marksi or I could just take it out for a ride tonight. I'll let you know when I can.

What did your new protomotive tune bring yours up to?
Hi,Thanks..7400rpm also ...Which really helped on the big end because there was not a big dip in the power curve, it was still pulling....

Old 10-17-2011, 09:04 PM
Yiorgos11 is on a distinguished road
I'm looking at buying a 996

I need some advice guys. I went yesterday to check out a 2002TT 996. Bran new AVUS black wheels, NAV,headers, car looks clean and nice. Advert states 26,500 miles.
I'm skeptical. How should a 9 year old with 26,500 miles look like? I trust the guy selling it, but I don't trust the previous owner because he lied to the current owner about some mild accident he had in 2008 damaging the pan belly. How can I tell if the miles have been pulled back? The drivers side black plastic flooring floor moulding next to seat is scratched up. Leather looks used enough. The front plastic light housings are weathered ie. Yellowed (could've been drenched in sun, okay).
Will the PPI determine appropriate age of vehicle? I like the car and I'm trying not to get too emotional over this car.

Any input is more than appreciated.

G

Old 10-17-2011, 09:33 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Yiorgos11
I need some advice guys. I went yesterday to check out a 2002TT 996. Bran new AVUS black wheels, NAV,headers, car looks clean and nice. Advert states 26,500 miles.
I'm skeptical. How should a 9 year old with 26,500 miles look like? I trust the guy selling it, but I don't trust the previous owner because he lied to the current owner about some mild accident he had in 2008 damaging the pan belly. How can I tell if the miles have been pulled back? The drivers side black plastic flooring floor moulding next to seat is scratched up. Leather looks used enough. The front plastic light housings are weathered ie. Yellowed (could've been drenched in sun, okay).
Will the PPI determine appropriate age of vehicle? I like the car and I'm trying not to get too emotional over this car.

Any input is more than appreciated.

G
Ok this actually needs its own thread , dont thread jack some one elses, with a question completely irelavant , but i will awnser it, just get a a PPI it will tell you what you want to know.

Old 10-18-2011, 04:43 AM
Yiorgos11 is on a distinguished road
Thank u!

I'm a newbie, so apologies for sticking in your post my question.

You're a gentleman
Y

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Marski 911 tuning review on 2003 Porsche 996 Turbo