996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

What do you guys think of my LED DRLs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 05:26 PM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
What do you guys think of my LED DRLs

When I did this I really tried to get it to look as OEM as possible, but do recognize it could have been improved.

There's a new kit out that replaces the combo light, so I was considering swapping them for those units.

My wife thinks I'm obsessing way too much, what do you guys think?

Do these look good enough or do they need to go?

Old 01-06-2012, 06:39 PM
TTTerror is a jewel in the roughTTTerror is a jewel in the roughTTTerror is a jewel in the rough
In general, I've taken the opposite track....LEDs, in general, have become so "dime a dozen" that I now leave them turned off on my S5..stock on everything from VWs to Fords and after market kits on about every other Honda civic I pass. Wouldn't put them on my TT...my 2 cents.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:44 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
They look good to me, would love to see more pics.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:12 PM
enoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to beholdenoyskt is a splendid one to behold
Not bad, Are they mounted in the lens or ontop? Cant tell.

Check my avatar, I've attempted it also, but in the stock bumper.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:37 PM
muker is a jewel in the roughmuker is a jewel in the roughmuker is a jewel in the roughmuker is a jewel in the rough
where did you get the covers for the headlights? I have been looking for a set like that for a while

Old 01-06-2012, 08:37 PM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
they are mounted inside the combo lens where the 997 foglight would have gone. I had the shop surround the LED with reflective metal film.

I used the brightest, slimmest self contained LED/ballast I could find.

I'll post some more pics later - glad some peeps like it. Perhaps my wife was correct then...

Old 01-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by muker
where did you get the covers for the headlights? I have been looking for a set like that for a while
no covers. Just had my body shop tape off the circular light area and then paint the rest. They wanted to paint the foglights too but I didnt want to. In retrospect I should have filled in the headlight washers and painted the foglights over...maybe I still will.

Maybe even leave a small aperture/slit in the foglight lens? nahhh...

Old 01-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
looks good...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 01-07-2012, 08:35 AM
cheungms is on a distinguished road
Head on pic? I think it looks pretty OEM

Old 01-07-2012, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the thumbs ups guys.

I'm definitely going to keep them and maybe fit some side skirts to finish off the "optic" instead.

Here are the only other decent shots I have right now. (nothing quite head on)

Enjoy!

Old 01-07-2012, 10:16 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Very 9ff ish. Nice!

bob

Old 01-07-2012, 04:06 PM
Banned
Sql_pl is a splendid one to beholdSql_pl is a splendid one to beholdSql_pl is a splendid one to beholdSql_pl is a splendid one to beholdSql_pl is a splendid one to beholdSql_pl is a splendid one to beholdSql_pl is a splendid one to behold
I do not like your headlights or LEDs but I love your rims!

Old 01-07-2012, 06:57 PM
kennyPride is a jewel in the roughkennyPride is a jewel in the roughkennyPride is a jewel in the rough
Thumps up. No mistaken your ride as a 911, but so hot and like no other what is it!? 996, 997, the new 991 or simply your one off. Congrats on your innovative taste to a legend. kenny

Old 01-07-2012, 07:10 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
VERY NICE! I also like the way the lights have been redefined and I DO LIKE your hood. Great combination nicely complemented by your choice of rims :-) .... Some more pictures please !!

Old 01-07-2012, 11:36 PM
uschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant future
ttpopo-
The lights and leds look great. i really like the paint job on the lights. They look so much better than those stick in place placards that I've seen before. I'd keep the fog lights operational, but agree you could paint over the washer buttons. What wheels are those btw?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you guys think of my LED DRLs