996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

How many of you guys used to own an M5?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 08:26 PM
BeastPower is on a distinguished road
Smile How many of you guys used to own an M5?

Just signed up here, and I will likely be a sponsor. I used to own a '96 993 TT, but ended up selling it, as I bought a '99 Ferrari F355 spider.

How many of you guys used to own an M5? I recognize a bunch of you from the M5 message board. Now I am just waiting for Fred to sell his X50TT, so that I can add it to the BeastPower stable .

Cheers,

Daniel

Old 07-16-2003, 08:40 PM
Yupkwondo is infamous around these partsYupkwondo is infamous around these partsYupkwondo is infamous around these partsYupkwondo is infamous around these parts
I did I did!!!

Second best car I've ever owned, next to my TT... Actually I've been meaning to Talk to you over on BMWM5.com about doing some 996 interior parts...Just didn't get aorund to it!! Mayvbe now I will.

~ Jason
03 Black/Black X50

Old 07-16-2003, 08:43 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
funny I had a 99 355 spider before I bought my 01 99TT - is your blue by any chance

Old 07-16-2003, 08:48 PM
sporters78 is on a distinguished road
i had a 993 c4 sold it this year bought a m5 missed my porsche too much so i got 996tt and love it

Old 07-16-2003, 08:51 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
2003 TT RUF - sposporters78 share more info please and pics!

Old 07-16-2003, 08:57 PM
Doody is on a distinguished road
i had an e39 m5. replaced it with my 996tt. replaced that with a 550 maranello. picked up a 355 spider along the way for good measure.

theyr'e all stellar stellar cars.

doody.

Old 07-16-2003, 09:04 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
I owned an ACS M5 very similar to Freds before he sold his to you. Since taking delivery of my 996tt, I never drove the M5, the car just sat. I didn't need the 4 doors and performance wise the 996tt ran circles around the M5. A great 2 ton 4 door sedan though. Never looked back, I haven't missed the M5.

Old 07-16-2003, 09:04 PM
BeastPower is on a distinguished road
Yupkwondo,
Let me know if you have any ideas, as I would be happy to manufacture some additional 996 items.

Darren911,
My F355 was Tour de France blue. It was a 6-speed.

sporters78 and Doody,
I have been through the same type of rapid shifting. I am now very happy with my M5. I will always have a soft spot for Ferraris. Did you guys see the CGT that is undergoing testing on the west coast? Some are saying that it resembles a Boxster.

03 C4S,
The M5 is a great car, but I do understand the desire for a TT if there the M5's back seat and trunk are underutilized.

oak,
Yup, your M5 sure looks good. I think it comes down to whether or not one needs the additional space.

Cheers.

Last edited by BeastPower; 07-16-2003 at 09:07 PM.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:07 PM
sporters78 is on a distinguished road
dj,
car will be back late next week from getting the ruf engine conversion and coilovers done. its a pretty car in slate grey with hre's 547r will take pics and will post them soon

Old 07-16-2003, 09:44 PM
Kurt RSF is on a distinguished road
sporters78,

Are you going the 520HP or the 550HP route with your Ruf conversion? Are you starting with a standard or an X-50 TT?

Old 07-16-2003, 09:49 PM
AMG-ETR
I just sold mine 2 weeks ago, I am still on roadfly, and bmwm5.com(ACSM5), and had 2 E46 M3 Conv.'s B4, looking to get into a TT now. Its wierd, many many people are going from M's to P's, guess its just the next step... I wanted a CF engine cover for the M5 from ya, but I sold it about a week b4 it came out .
Evan K.
PS-Here is a link to pics of it when it was for sale:
http://www.exoticmotorcarsofpb.com/c..._M5_Dinan.html
(my dad is owner of dealership so yes it is my car, was just sold through there )

Old 07-16-2003, 09:54 PM
turbo03 is on a distinguished road
Still do
Still love it!

Old 07-16-2003, 10:21 PM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
Great topic Daniel ;-)

I too am like Oak. Once I got the TT, I never missed the M5. However I still admire the M5 everytime I see one. Recently you see more M5's being sold because people either want more power or think the M5 look is getting outdated.

So that is why people get the TT (more power) and folks moving away from BMW as the cars are being Banglized. In my opinion, BMW is going down the tubes in terms of looks. I have even talked to folks who work for BMW and there are sooo many problems with the current 7 that they are NOT looking forward to the new 5 series.

Granted BMW builds great driving machines, but if I were to spend money, I would want a good looking car as well. The new generation simply does nothing for me. I hear people saying all the time about the next generation, "it will eventually grow on you" With Mercedes and Audi lately, you don't need to adapt to the looks.

my $.02.

Daniel, now your turn to convince me otherwise. I can definetly tell you that my next car will not be the M5 but either the 2nd or 3rd year E55, Mini Murcielago, SL65, or Audi.

Old 07-16-2003, 10:36 PM
AMG-ETR
Originally posted by fredttx50

So that is why people get the TT (more power) and folks moving away from BMW as the cars are being Banglized. In my opinion, BMW is going down the tubes in terms of looks. I have even talked to folks who work for BMW and there are sooo many problems with the current 7 that they are NOT looking forward to the new 5 series.

Granted BMW builds great driving machines, but if I were to spend money, I would want a good looking car as well. The new generation simply does nothing for me. I hear people saying all the time about the next generation, "it will eventually grow on you" With Mercedes and Audi lately, you don't need to adapt to the looks.
Couldn't agree more man, I love current generation BMW's, but the future is looking pretty dim for them (IMO). I loved my M3's and M5, just looking to make the move before things get "ugly" .
Evan

Old 07-16-2003, 10:47 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
I agree, I'm sure the next M5 and M6 will be great performers. I just can't seem to get over the really bad styling. I'm pretty easy as far as design, as long as the car performs as expected. But after BMW had made the designs official this week, they are butt ugly! I had deposits on both the next M5 and M6 and decided to get a refund, I'll pass this round. Maybe next time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How many of you guys used to own an M5?