996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Weird fitment issue on rear Eibach sway bar...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 04:44 AM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT
It will work, it may just bind on there a bit. Most people don't notice. When the car sits down it may rotate off of there too...
Do you have a way to view it while the wheels are in the "on ground" position? Maybe lower the car onto something.
The picture is with the car on the ground.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by VAGscum
Can you snap a picture of the link with it on the ground? Probably pretty tight. Not likely, but I remember on my old Subaru STI, when the car was on a lift they were very careful on setting the car back down and checking the RSB. The tech told me that if it is set down too quickly, sometimes the sway can twist the droplink taking the rsb out of position.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:04 AM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nikolas
Can you snap a picture of the link with it on the ground? Probably pretty tight. Not likely, but I remember on my old Subaru STI, when the car was on a lift they were very careful on setting the car back down and checking the RSB. The tech told me that if it is set down too quickly, sometimes the sway can twist the droplink taking the rsb out of position.
Watch the video I shot. It shows the links with the car on the ground.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Update. I have been in touch with Eibach about this problem. I sent them a video showing the interferrence. I incorporated a temporary aluminum spacer to keep the sway from hitting the frame, but this is not a permanent fix. Eibach has bunches of these sways out there in use on the 996TT without any reported issues. This is most likely a manufacturing mistake/fault. I purchased these from another vendor, but Eibach has been very responsive about getting this taken care of. I have choosen to contact Eibach directly instead of the vendor in order to avoid having a third party involved for no reason IMHO. I will let you know what the resolution is. Eibach has the lot/work order number on the sways to get them pulled before they get on anymore cars and cause any other issues. It is my experience that this is not the norm with Eibach quality or the vendor and have faith that they will make it right.

Last edited by VAGscum; 03-08-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:48 AM
ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !
Update. I have been in touch with Eibach about this problem. I sent them a video showing the interferrence. I incorporated a temporary aluminum spacer to keep the sway from hitting the frame, but this is not a permanent fix. Eibach has bunches of these sways out there in use on the 996TT without any reported issues. This is most likely a manufacturing mistake/fault. I purchased these from another vendor, but Eibach has been very responsive about getting this taken care of. I have choosen to contact Eibach directly instead of the vendor in order to avoid having a third party involved for no reason IMHO. I will let you know what the resolution is. Eibach has the lot/work order number on the sways to get them pulled before they get on anymore cars and cause any other issues. It is my experience that this is not the norm with Eibach quality or the vendor and have faith that they will make it right.
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm doing my research in preparation to add sway bars. What was the result of this from Eibach?

Old 01-28-2013, 07:35 PM
Banned
mmm635 will become famous soon enoughmmm635 will become famous soon enough
I have the exact same kit on my car and I have no issues whatsoever. I am running coilovers set pretty low and stock end links, as well as a GT2 alignment setup. There is something weird about this.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:25 PM
ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mmm635
I have the exact same kit on my car and I have no issues whatsoever. I am running coilovers set pretty low and stock end links, as well as a GT2 alignment setup. There is something weird about this.
Good to know. You are set up pretty much like me. I am interested in the OP's resolution though.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:56 PM
Bought the Eibach rear sway. Where is the DIY on this?

Old 09-17-2013, 04:48 PM
ag-tt is on a distinguished road
Hey OP,

I am having the same issue with the Eibach rear sway bar I just installed

today. How was this issue resolved? Did Eibach send you a different bar?

Thanks,

R

Old 09-18-2013, 07:46 PM
03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future
You need to make spacers. We bought thick L-brackets and cut them to size, rounded off the edges, drilled holes, then ground out the center. Took a couple hours, as we made 2 pairs, but as VAGscum can attest, solved the problem. The only recommendation would be to make the holes larger. Good Luck

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/uspytjuo3d6xobt/aVuiCr1bqP

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/27xuji5is225k3v/A4vnlmkTyR

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/uuke79qxi2geeiw/Y0F0CzEQaY

Last edited by 03 996tt; 09-18-2013 at 07:56 PM. Reason: fix
Old 09-19-2013, 03:56 AM
Originally Posted by 03 996tt
You need to make spacers. We bought thick L-brackets and cut them to size, rounded off the edges, drilled holes, then ground out the center. Took a couple hours, as we made 2 pairs, but as VAGscum can attest, solved the problem. The only recommendation would be to make the holes larger. Good Luck

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/uspytjuo3d6xobt/aVuiCr1bqP

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/27xuji5is225k3v/A4vnlmkTyR

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/uuke79qxi2geeiw/Y0F0CzEQaY

Hmmmm. Doesn't make sese. Mine installed perfectly!