996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Weird fitment issue on rear Eibach sway bar...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 06:23 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Weird fitment issue on rear Eibach sway bar...

Just installed the rear bar and now the bar is hitting cross subframe support. I can put together a solution for this relatively easy, but am not sure if this is an installation issue? Anybody have any thoughts? Pics to follow.

Last edited by VAGscum; 03-07-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:42 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RomR...ature=youtu.be

Sorry for the crappy video.

Last edited by VAGscum; 03-07-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:43 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
What do the droplinks look like?

Old 03-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by Nikolas
What do the droplinks look like?
They are stock. Nothing unusual. No bends or play. Where it is hitting shouldn't be effected by the links, should it? I have heard of needing adjustable links for interferance with the contral arms, but not the subframe.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:25 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Are you a tip or 6sp?
Sure those are for AWD application?

I remember this issue from when I was at Speed Gallery and recall the model association.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by SamboTT
Are you a tip or 6sp?
Sure those are for AWD application?

I remember this issue from when I was at Speed Gallery and recall the model association.
I got the kit PN: 7215.320. My car is a 6 speed. I verified the individual sway bar part numbers too. By all accounts it looks correct.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Also, my car has Techart springs. Not sure if those would make a difference.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:56 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by VAGscum
They are stock. Nothing unusual. No bends or play. Where it is hitting shouldn't be effected by the links, should it? I have heard of needing adjustable links for interferance with the contral arms, but not the subframe.
If they are bent or twisted, it may cause that problem.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Try to see if a shorter drop link would angle it out of the way. Remove both drop links and rotate the bar as if the drip link was 1 inch shorter. Make sure everything clears. Last resort would be to call Eibach.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Former Vendor
Yeah I do remember. they use the same part on TT and non. TT's have that collision bumper thing on the engine and cross member. that is what's in the way. If you can get your money back and go H&R you will be fine.

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 03-07-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:26 PM
Former Vendor
Here is a non turbo at Sharky's. See how there is nothing on the cross member. And still the sway bar is straight. I don't know why Eibach did that.

http://www.sharkwerks.com/forum_phot...ay_Bars_24.JPG

Old 03-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Yeah I do remember. they use the same part on TT and non. TT's have that collision bumper thing on the engine and cross member. that is what's in the way. If you can get your money back and go H&R you will be fine.
The part numbers suggest that they are not the same between the TT and non TT cars. The thing that concerns me is that their are several people running these withot issues.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Here is a non turbo at Sharky's. See how there is nothing on the cross member. And still the sway bar is straight. I don't know why Eibach did that.

http://www.sharkwerks.com/forum_phot...ay_Bars_24.JPG
The sway is not straight in this area like in this pic. The contour looks good on mine, but just not far enough aft to avoid the frame.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:47 PM
Former Vendor
It will work, it may just bind on there a bit. Most people don't notice. When the car sits down it may rotate off of there too...
Do you have a way to view it while the wheels are in the "on ground" position? Maybe lower the car onto something.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:21 PM
mikes996turbo is just really nicemikes996turbo is just really nicemikes996turbo is just really nicemikes996turbo is just really nicemikes996turbo is just really nice
Just fitted H&R to mine perfect....return it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Weird fitment issue on rear Eibach sway bar...