996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Pinnacle Motorcars in Royal Palm Beach, FL....any experiences on here?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 07:51 PM
Meeyatch1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Pinnacle Motorcars in Royal Palm Beach, FL....any experiences on here?

Hello! I am looking at a car that is in Florida at a dealer called Pinnacle Motorcars, and was curious if anyone on here has ever dealt with them, and if so, if you would mind sharing your experiences?

Thank you, and have a wonderful day!

Old 03-21-2012, 10:55 AM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
lol. looking at their black high mileage turbo?

Old 03-22-2012, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
lol. looking at their black high mileage turbo?
60k miles...not really high for a 10 year old car.

Are you familiar with them or the car at all?

Old 03-22-2012, 06:10 PM
WILLIAMP will become famous soon enough
It has an accident on it's CARFAX from 2004.

If that's not a deal breaker, be sure to have someone do a thorough PPI.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by WILLIAMP
It has an accident on it's CARFAX from 2004.

If that's not a deal breaker, be sure to have someone do a thorough PPI.
The seller told me it had a hit in the left rear, but did not have any additional details. Evidently the car was a Porsche CPO car too. No records, but has the factory books with the services stamped. 3M Clear Bra on the front bumper, and the carbon interior that I like. I called Braman Porsche today about a PPI and to find out what they cover, and how in depth they go, and it seems like mainly a visual inspection for about $450. I would like a little more depth to a PPI, but am not sure what else to ask for. What all is reasonable to expect from a PPI? I know they cannot tear down the car, but checking for over revs and maybe a compression text seem reasonable, but I am not sure what else. Maybe I will just have them do the normal PPI and figure on doing all services if we can put a deal together on the car.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:38 PM
WILLIAMP will become famous soon enough
Meeyatch1,

See if you can get pictures of the details that led him to believe the left rear has been hit. New suspension components, tape marks, etc.

$450.00 for a PPI sounds high even for dealer prices, but it's still cheaper than you traveling there and back if it doesn't work out.

You can do a search on this site for common ares of failure on these cars and put together a list of items that concern you as a potential buyer.

Radiators, 2nd gear pop out, overs revs, rear main seal, spoiler hydraulics and so on.

You could also see if there is an independent shop near there with experience with this platform. Do the best you can to find someone who is going to inspect it with as much interest as you would.

Good luck with the pre-purchase inspection and please share as many details as you feel comfortable.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:12 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Meeyatch1

Are you familiar with them or the car at all?
yes. Northern car with an accident... thats all I will say on here.

The seller told me it had a hit in the left rear, but did not have any additional details. Evidently the car was a Porsche CPO car too. No records, but has the factory books with the services stamped. 3M Clear Bra on the front bumper, and the carbon interior that I like. I called Braman Porsche today about a PPI and to find out what they cover, and how in depth they go, and it seems like mainly a visual inspection for about $450. I would like a little more depth to a PPI, but am not sure what else to ask for. What all is reasonable to expect from a PPI? I know they cannot tear down the car, but checking for over revs and maybe a compression text seem reasonable, but I am not sure what else. Maybe I will just have them do the normal PPI and figure on doing all services if we can put a deal together on the car.
Braman's idea of a PPI is a F-in' joke....

Old 03-23-2012, 05:13 PM

Any info you can pass along to me would be appreciated, please.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:18 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !

Indeed. braman sucks.

OP- I'd want a detailed bodywork inspection- paint thickness, new parts, alignments, plastic bits and fastyeners, etc. Not to uncover the fact that it was damaged but to determine the extent of repairs and quality. Use PMs if you'd like people to send you non-public info \

Adding over-rev data (ie a complete dump of the DME) is essential. Getting a compression/leak down will be expensive. When you do that you SHOULD replace plugs and coil packs- the labor is all there. The problem is "do I spend $600 for the leakdown, and an extra $350 for parts if I'll say no?"... I'd only do it if the rest of the inspection was perfect AND the seller agreed to pay for parts only if you backed out due to bad results (any other reason for canceling and you eat the parts too)

You are NUTS if you don't fly down, drive it and then buy it...PPIs and all, you really need to see it. I would never use a PPI to replace my personal feeling about wear, tear, paint quality, etc... You can get anywhere in the USA and home in 24 hours, for not too much $$$.

GL

A

Old 03-25-2012, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by ard
Indeed. braman sucks.

OP- I'd want a detailed bodywork inspection- paint thickness, new parts, alignments, plastic bits and fastyeners, etc. Not to uncover the fact that it was damaged but to determine the extent of repairs and quality. Use PMs if you'd like people to send you non-public info \

Adding over-rev data (ie a complete dump of the DME) is essential. Getting a compression/leak down will be expensive. When you do that you SHOULD replace plugs and coil packs- the labor is all there. The problem is "do I spend $600 for the leakdown, and an extra $350 for parts if I'll say no?"... I'd only do it if the rest of the inspection was perfect AND the seller agreed to pay for parts only if you backed out due to bad results (any other reason for canceling and you eat the parts too)

You are NUTS if you don't fly down, drive it and then buy it...PPIs and all, you really need to see it. I would never use a PPI to replace my personal feeling about wear, tear, paint quality, etc... You can get anywhere in the USA and home in 24 hours, for not too much $$$.

GL

A
ARD is one of those great members on the forum that I consider to be one of those assets that the porschephiles on this site when they are in need of advice.

A, it couldnt have been said better. All of these things he mentioned are all very good tips, especially on a car like this.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by ard
Indeed. braman sucks.

GL

A
I agree on the PPI, but also wanted to get as much information on the car as possible before wasting time and money on PPIs for cars that would not be something I actually wanted to buy. What I have done before is agree to price pending a clean PPI, and then get the PPI done, and fly down, drive car, pay, and drive home.

The seller seems like they are playing hardball. I offered him $750 less than his reserve taking into account that the car needs a 60k mile service and then I would have around $450 - $550 in a PPI, and then flights and such, plus the car pulled WAY less on Ebay last week, so I figured my offer was pretty fair.

Thank you for your help. Very much appreciated.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by ard
...Use PMs if you'd like people to send you non-public info ...
I tried that, but it did not yield any usable information.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:55 PM
I tried that, but it did not yield any usable information.

not really too inclined to help when i get "smart" responses like this:

Yes, 60K is considered a "high-mileage" car by 996tt standards. I have a feeling that my input would fall on deaf ears or just cause me issues. I'd rather not get involved at this point. Good luck. A PPI should be helpful for you.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:36 PM
not really too inclined to help when i get "smart" responses like this:

Yes, 60K is considered a "high-mileage" car by 996tt standards. I have a feeling that my input would fall on deaf ears or just cause me issues. I'd rather not get involved at this point. Good luck. A PPI should be helpful for you.
What is your problem? My reply was not "smart" in tone at all. Plus, did I say it was in reference to you? NOPE! I did not get any information that was really usable. That is factual information.

But if you want to take it personally, how is telling me that you 'did not want to get involved' helpful to me?? What am I missing here? Good lord....you must be one of the most overly sensitive people I have ever seen.

If you can tell me how telling someone that you cannot tell them anything is helpful, then I would love to hear it. All you said was that you would not pay over $XX,XXX for the car...but did not say why? As far as I know, it could be just because you don't like the color.

Do not reply...I do not feel like dealing with your attitude when I was just asking for help from the forum, and trying to do it properly.

Last edited by Meeyatch1; 04-05-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:11 PM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
Are they in Miami? Find out if they have other sister dealerships by the name of " Royal Crest Enterprises" or " Direct Off Lease" ?

If yes then let me know and i can give you a first hand experience