996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

ROLL Cage

Old 04-02-2012, 07:44 AM
Kerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to allKerrage is a name known to all
ROLL Cage

Just curious how everyone who has roll cage's like them? How is the accss to the rear for storage? Doyou leave your rear seats in? I may buy one as I want to get harness's, just hope to find a used one first

Old 04-02-2012, 10:41 AM
rhargy is on a distinguished road
The set up I put in is the DAS roll bar with GT3 seats which esentially means I have VERY limited access to the rear. Absolutely worth it for me because the car spends 95% of it's time on the track.
I took out the rear seats and the subwoofer to try and trade the weight off.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:48 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
I'm sure you meant "roll bar" because no roll cage is going to give you access to anywhere other than tight access to the drivers seat and a roll cage is not practical for the street (can be a hazard)...as previously discussed the tequipment rollbar that does not have a cross brace will give limited roll protection (better than nothing) and also allow access to rear seats...the tequipment rollbar with a cross brace will not permit access to the rear unless you take the seats out...you can probably get similar product from DAS

Old 04-02-2012, 11:38 AM
RennFab is a glorious beacon of lightRennFab is a glorious beacon of lightRennFab is a glorious beacon of lightRennFab is a glorious beacon of lightRennFab is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
I'm sure you meant "roll bar" because no roll cage is going to give you access to anywhere other than tight access to the drivers seat and a roll cage is not practical for the street (can be a hazard)...as previously discussed the tequipment rollbar that does not have a cross brace will give limited roll protection (better than nothing) and also allow access to rear seats...the tequipment rollbar with a cross brace will not permit access to the rear unless you take the seats out...you can probably get similar product from DAS

+1 absolutely. I build cages for a living for the most part and would never recommend one to a customer for street car use based on this very reason.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:20 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
This is what I'm using. I agree with Chuck, it's better than nothing and passes tech at most if not all NHRA tracks. And my back seats have been removed as well. Agency Power.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:38 AM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't put a roll bar in a street car unless your running GT3RS fixed back seats and a five point and you don't cheat for that quick run to the grocery store by using the three point lap belt instead. The restaint system is just that....a system designed to work together. It's not designed for mix and match. PCNA doesn't import the RS with the factory roll bar because they won't pass US crash standards. You're more likely to get injured from the roll bar on the street than saved by it.