996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

advise about spark plugs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 03:43 AM
Fasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant future
advise about spark plugs

hello every one

Im looking forward to change my spark plugs but a bit confused

What the best spark plug for 996tt tip?

I'vd read about Denso Iridium ngk etc...

Regards

Old 04-27-2012, 07:22 AM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fasoole
hello every one

Im looking forward to change my spark plugs but a bit confused

What the best spark plug for 996tt tip?

I'vd read about Denso Iridium ngk etc...

Regards
I use the NGK BKR7Es, but they are regular plugs and need to be changed more often. I personally am not a fan of iridium plugs on turbo cars.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:42 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
HI,I like Bosch and Denso..I use the Denso now with no problems and have many miles on them..Do yourself a favor and do a search on this subject,lots of info and opinions....

Old 04-27-2012, 09:55 AM
BOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to behold
Call and talk to your tuner. I Went with the Bosch Copper plugs. There is a poll on here about what plugs people recommend, and Bosch was the huge winner. I was going to do iridiums as well, but not after reading all the posts.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:46 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
My Denso plugs are the Platinum ones..
I believe and think Protomotive,Markski,SpeedTech and Titan favor theses plugs also..
I looked at them with 10,000 miles on them when I did my recent clutch job and they looked good..

Old 04-27-2012, 10:56 AM
BOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to behold
Here it is Bosch FR6 LDC: See poll below:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ark-plugs.html

Old 04-27-2012, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by BOOSTTT
Here it is Bosch FR6 LDC: See poll below:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ark-plugs.html
Yes that is a great all around plug and I ran it until I went up with more boost/power...Did I need to???
The poll doesnt show how modified their cars were though....

Old 04-27-2012, 02:37 PM
ek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud ofek9max has much to be proud of
I went with NGK IRRIDIUM. I have had awesome results with them in previous cars. We will see how the p-car likes em.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I run NGK Iridium's in my setup. Have ran them since I was a stock motor. I ran NGK BKR7IXE on the stock motor and with the built motor I run BKR8IXE's in the car at .024. I've never had a problem with them. I ran the stock motor ones 6k miles with MS109 and 93oct. On the built motor I've changed them a few times but it's just to see how they look and if I have the car apart in the rear as long as the intercoolers are off it's 5-10 minutes extra to change out, so might as well to check on things.

I guess I should note because I never really think about it that often. For ignition we use an igniter setup that works with the fcon and I just recently added a DLI to help with the spark for E85. Where the 6 wires come out of the DME they are now on a connector with no other end on it. The fcon outputs to the igniter and the igniter goes to where we cut from. So the computer never sees any information with timing.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:29 PM
tphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of light
Fasoole, is your car stock?
If so I would stick with the oem ones.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:33 PM
Fasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant future
996tt tip ecu(digi-tec) fabspeed max flo diverted valves bmc filter